Week 6: Milan - Lecce September 27 2024 20:45CET
#31
Solidd performance, but i had hoped for a few more goals in the second half, anyways, saved energy for the CL trip.

My rating 1-10:

- Maignan: 6.
- Royal: 6,5.
- Gabbia. 7.
- Tomori: 6,5.
- Theo: 7,5.
- Reijnders: 6.
- Fofana: 6
- Pulisic: 6.
- Leao: 6,5.
- Morata: 7.
- Abraham. 6,5.
Reply
#32
With Gabbia starting. One goal conceded in three games.
without him, 2+ goal per game conceded.
Reply
#33
(09-27-2024, 09:35 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: I think studs up. VAR reviews all these situations and I'm sure they just agreed with the refs initial decision.

Isn’t this like Sommers studs against us? Player wins the ball and follow through gets opponent?

There is no consistency in this league
Reply
#34
The game itself seemed slow and boring for 40 mins. Then we know what happened. But it was good to see how easily we carved them open after the 1st goal. This team cuuld have scored easily another 3.

It's good to win games. The team I growing and I was happy with the defensive performance. Yes, alecce had some chances here and there, but we seem so much more compact now. The chances we allowed are somewhat "easy" for Mike to deal with and most of them are from covered positions. Hopefully we can keep improving in this aspect. Even Leao put in a defensive shift today, especially when compared to his prior standards.

As for that red...imo, there is no way that it is. I knew VAR wouldn't call it back because it wasn't a "clear and obvious" error, it was the 80th minute and we were up by 3 goals. None of those should matter imo, but that's how it is. The referee messed up for sure. It was not a clear red with the naked eye. In which case, just give a yellow and use VAR to your advantage. Let them tell you if you've made a mistake. Use the tool to your advantage without hurting the game. But oh well....I hope Bartesaghi learns also. There was no need for that challenge. Even if again, imo, it wasn't wasn't a red. Studs were showing a but but it was very low to the ground and he won the ball.
Reply
#35
We won, so the formation choice can be forgotten for a while, my friends Inas and Nefremo  Sagrin

Regarding the red, it makes me miss Colina so much. For a youngster in early stage, lessons are needed but should not affect his spirit. A YC and long instruction is better. But maybe the ref is young in his career, too.
Reply
#36
It's unfortunate for Pavlovic but I think Gabbia-Tomori will be starting a lot of matches. Pavlovic is a very good physical defender but I think he needs to mature his positioning and get to know the big leagues a little better for the time being because he is a bit aggressive in challenges even if he wins most of them the odd time he had not he was out of position leaving gaps in the back. Also I like Emerson lately, nothing crazy but sound performances.
Reply
#37
I feel happy for Gabbia, it's been quite a long time we have a Italian CB starter from our Primavera.
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
Reply
#38
If that was a red Yann sommer shouldve also got a red in that challenge vs Abraham.
It wasnt even a foul or a yellow. He played 100% ball, it wasnt even reckless or anything. Ridiculous call from the ref.
Reply
#39
(09-28-2024, 09:24 AM)Beppe Wrote: If that was a red Yann sommer shouldve also got a red in that challenge vs Abraham.
It wasnt even a foul or a yellow. He played 100% ball, it wasnt even reckless or anything. Ridiculous call from the ref.

Exactly. This is the problem with Serie A and why we should only focus on top four with making CL our priority. In the 25years I’ve been watching, these ‘mistakes’ continue to be made against some teams and in favor of others.
Reply
#40
(09-28-2024, 01:21 PM)honsano Wrote: Exactly. This is the problem with Serie A and why we should only focus on top four with making CL our priority. In the 25years I’ve been watching, these ‘mistakes’ continue to be made against some teams and in favor of others.

Agreed, I don't care much for Serie A. Of course winning it is better than nothing. Thing is, easier said than done. Even if we keep up the good form and continue to grow I don't see us winning CL this year. I think we're still missing something.
Reply