Week 6: Milan - Lecce September 27 2024 20:45CET
#1
Friday game. Morata and Abraham both might start again, not sure a real 4-4-2 or not, probably not.

3bandiera
Reply
#2
Old man Morata injured again and won't play and may miss CL game too.

Chubby Okafor "fatigued" so won't be called up. Tired from eating too many sweets?
Reply
#3
I was not worried even a bit before Inter match. Too tired.
Now some energy back, I am worried.
This could be a proof of uptrend or downtrend.

We can't play 2 pressing forwards in this match, 424/442 was designed against 3CBs/3CMs of Inter to pin them back, but against Lecce, it is a luxury.
Morata's injury, seems light, could be a blessing in disguse. As this match should be like Venezia when we play our best attack to exploit opponent's lacks.

I'm not sure if we play 4231 or 433
- For 4231, we need a proper CAM, if Tiji plays CAM we will have an inexperienced yet promising CAM in Tiju and an inexperienced and not yet promising CM/DM in Cheek (or Musah).
- 433 is the best formation on paper, but Fonseca hasn't tried it and seems not like it.
Reply
#4
(09-27-2024, 04:43 AM)Aficio Wrote: I was not worried even a bit before Inter match. Too tired.
Now some energy back, I am worried.
This could be a proof of uptrend or downtrend.

We can't play 2 pressing forwards in this match, 424/442 was designed against 3CBs/3CMs of Inter to pin them back, but against Lecce, it is a luxury.
Morata's injury, seems light, could be a blessing in disguse. As this match should be like Venezia when we play our best attack to exploit opponent's lacks.

I'm not sure if we play 4231 or 433
- For 4231, we need a proper CAM, if Tiji plays CAM we will have an inexperienced yet promising CAM in Tiju and an inexperienced and not yet promising CM/DM in Cheek (or Musah).
- 433 is the best formation on paper, but Fonseca hasn't tried it and seems not like it.

I wonder why? This squad screams 4-3-3, a lot of pundits, former Milan coaches, fans etc have said it. Yet Fonseca refused to see it.

Maybe there's something he's seeing that no one else is seeing.
Reply
#5
No matter who we field or which formation we play - this is a must win. No excuses. Can't beat Lecce at home - fire them all...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Reply
#6
the Swiss will be unavailable due to muscle fatigue,
Oh so now you get tired by not playing? Sounds legit.
Reply
#7
Very important game, 100% must win!! If we dont the inter game was pointless.. We should build on that win, confidence should be good and the boys should put in the same effort as vs inter!
Reply
#8
(09-27-2024, 12:31 PM)Santino Wrote: the Swiss will be unavailable due to muscle fatigue,
Oh so now you get tired by not playing? Sounds legit.

Actually it could be legit. He doesn't play much and therefore isn't matchfit. Playing games is something else than just running around during training.

But of course, he could also just be a fragile piece of glass. Devilol
Reply
#9
I want to see Leao having a breakthrough match this season. I also want to see the same motivation as against inter despite its little" Lecce.

Tip: 3-1.

Forza Milan!
Reply
#10
(09-27-2024, 04:43 AM)Aficio Wrote: I was not worried even a bit before Inter match. Too tired.
Now some energy back, I am worried.
This could be a proof of uptrend or downtrend.

We can't play 2 pressing forwards in this match, 424/442 was designed against 3CBs/3CMs of Inter to pin them back, but against Lecce, it is a luxury.
Morata's injury, seems light, could be a blessing in disguse. As this match should be like Venezia when we play our best attack to exploit opponent's lacks.

I'm not sure if we play 4231 or 433
- For 4231, we need a proper CAM, if Tiji plays CAM we will have an inexperienced yet promising CAM in Tiju and an inexperienced and not yet promising CM/DM in Cheek (or Musah).
- 433 is the best formation on paper, but Fonseca hasn't tried it and seems not like it.

I agree that 433 is the best formation for us. It doesn't look like we'll see it though. At least not today. 

In any case, the 442 success against Inter wasn't only on the formation itself....but also on how the players performed within their roles. 

I though Gabbia was huge in making this work. He isn't a top class player, but he's a player that understand how to defend within his means. He never went out of the defensive line on some crazy ventures to leave space behind him exposed. Something Tomori, Pavlovic and Thiaw do consistently. 

Then there was Fofana, who ai thought was near brilliant. Looked much fitter first of all, but also looked more confident in what he's supposed to be doing on the field.

Lastly, the 2 CFs. I'm not sure this 442 works with any ither CFs that we have. Maybe, MAYBE Okafor (if he's ever fit). But insert Jovic in there, and we'd be screwed. Why? Because imo, Morata and Abraham brought in something so simple, but yet so valuable.....energy and movement. They were all over the place. Pressing at the midfield and then covering space everywhere. When in possession, they brought in movement. Lots of it. Through the channels, coming deep, going wide, crushing the box, etc, etc. I have no confidence that Jovic or Okafor would do any of that. Jovic is just very static and although good in the box, he brings zero energy outside of it. Okafor has the tools to do what Morata/Abraham did, but he looks heavy and unfit. It's a shame really that we have to say that about professional footballers that get paid millions to be fit and take care if their body.
Reply