06-25-2014, 02:58 AM
I agree that Italy doesn't necessarily have the world's best defenders anymore but defending should really be more about the system and not the individuals. Brazil won 5 WC's without having the best defense on the planet. Speaking of the system, who will take over from De Rossi? He is already 30 and will be on his last legs by the time the next WC rolls around. Let's hope someone with quality and toughness pops up within the next few years for the CDM role.
I think Italy should adopt the 4-3-3 as the main formation going forward. There are plenty wide attackers and a couple great central midfielders to build the future team around. The fullback slots are pretty much golden with Darmian and De Sciglio bound to improve over the next few years. GK, CD and CF are a bit of a mystery at the moment but we'll see how things develop. I imagine Chiellini, Bonucci, Sirigu, Perin will probably be kept through to the next WC though.
I think Italy should adopt the 4-3-3 as the main formation going forward. There are plenty wide attackers and a couple great central midfielders to build the future team around. The fullback slots are pretty much golden with Darmian and De Sciglio bound to improve over the next few years. GK, CD and CF are a bit of a mystery at the moment but we'll see how things develop. I imagine Chiellini, Bonucci, Sirigu, Perin will probably be kept through to the next WC though.
Siamo a posto cosi.







