Poll: Who will progress to the quarterfinal?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
France
100.00%
5 100.00%
Nigeria
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

R16: France - Nigeria (June 30, 2014 - 18:00 CET)
#1
France easily topped their group and take on Nigeria in this round of 16 tie. I don't foresee any major trouble for the French here although with the African athleticism and French unpredictability, you never quite know!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply
#2
France will win this to set up a quarter-final against the Germans. Nigeria is not bad at all.....quick, explosive, physical, and also with some good technical players. But France has been one of the most impressive teams this tournament and they have the same qualities as Nigeria...only much better.
Reply
#3
Heart 
How can any one not love French?

[Image: fan.jpg]

[Image: fans-arrive.jpg]

[Image: french-selfie.jpg]
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
Reply
#4
This is getting pathetic now.
Reply
#5
France: Lloris ©, Debuchy, Evra, Varane, Cabaye, Valbuena, Giroud, Benzema, Matuidi, Pogba, Koscielny

Nigeria: Enyeama, Yobo ©, Ambrose, Musa, Odemwingie, Emenike, Mikel, Moses, Oshaniwa, Onazi, Omeruo

Come on boys! Some fantasy points please!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply
#6
Good luck. I only have Benzema this match. Big Grin
French players lack understanding.

Pogba & Valbuena combination looks beautiful, but the timing is often off.
Reply
#7
I don't know how fantasy football works, but I really like Matuidi in this game. Pogba scored a goal and missed another good chance in the first half. Griezman was good to see, and I was amazed with his great goal, until later slo-mo suggested it was Yobo's own goal. :d
Reply
#8
Pogba is so boss...I hope Cristante can be our own Pogba over the next few years. Matuidi is an absolute engine in midfield as well. I like this French midfield. There is no need to have specialist destroyers in 2014. Every midfielder should be competent in both phases of the game IMO.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply
#9
France played much better without Giroud Big Grin

Nigera were physically weaker, it showed in the last minutes. I think Ramadan fasting was the reason.
Reply
#10
Both Giroud and Benzema mostly play as lone striker with their clubs and their style is pretty similar too despite in this World Cup Benzema often drops back to get the ball while Giroud stays upfront. Once Giroud was taken out and Griezman, another winger was sent in, their attack flowed more naturally. Nigeria played bravely and you have to feel for their keeper. He made fantastic saves throughout the match and yet the one time he flapped the ball Pogba scored.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Reply