Matchday- Tickets, accommodation
#1
Hi all,

Didn't see a thread for this sort of stuff.

I will be at Milan-Catania next month Smile. I am about to buy my tickets from http://www.milanpoint.ch/campionato-seri...m-136.html.

For those who have been to the San Siro, where do you recommend sitting? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but still want a decent view and a feel for the atmosphere.

I was thinking the orange or red section (1st or 2nd row).

Thanks!
Hasan_Rossonero

Reply
#2
It's been a long time that I wanted to create a page with this info, for permanent reference. Haven't been able to.
Reply
#3
I just went to the San Siro this past September for Milan-Napoli. I was at the orange section (2nd tier) and the atmosphere was great mainly because I was close to the curva sud. Either way, Napoli had A LOT of fans at the stadium which made for an even better atmosphere. I don't think anywhere is a bad seat, but try to seat close to curva sud......even though Milanpoint doesn't tell you where exactly your seats are (only the section like orange, Blu, red, etc) so you don't have much choice there.
Reply
#4
(03-14-2014, 04:54 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Hi all,

Didn't see a thread for this sort of stuff.

I will be at Milan-Catania next month Smile. I am about to buy my tickets from http://www.milanpoint.ch/campionato-seri...m-136.html.

For those who have been to the San Siro, where do you recommend sitting? I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but still want a decent view and a feel for the atmosphere.

I was thinking the orange or red section (1st or 2nd row).

Thanks!
Hasan_Rossonero

2nd ring blue section 215 is pretty awesome ^^
Reply
#5
@nefremo- Thanks Smile. Were you surrounded by Milan fans or a mix? Also is the view good from there? Is the first row orange also Milan fans?

@mathias Is that where the ultras sit? Smile

Reply
#6
It was a mix of fans mainly because Napoli had a lot of fans in the stadium. At times it looked like I was surrounded by them, but that was because Milan fans had nothing to be excited about. Towards the end it turned into a Napoli party as they knew they were going to win so were lighting flares in the curva nord section.

It was a great experience though and the noise level was unreal at times. San Siro really gives a good atmosphere. It was sad though that even for that game it was not a sell out and there was plenty of empty seats. The third ring wasn't even opened except for the north side which is where the Napoli curva was.

Either way, for you, it will be almost all Milan fans against Catania anywhere you sit. Apart from their curva I don't see many other of their fans making the trip.

The view was good. You could see everything clearly.
Reply
#7
Thanks man. I will decide between 1st or 2nd orange. 1st orange view is phenomenal I hear, and there is only a negligible difference in price. On the other hand, I may miss on some of the curva atmosphere in the 1st orange. Decisions, decisions...

Reply
#8
2nd blue 215 is right in the curva and the best time i ever had in any stadium. The view isn't bad at all, and i've sat nearly everywhere so i'm an authority in .... sitting :p
Reply
#9
Hasan, a request. After you are back please consider writing a mini guide as to where tickets are bought, how to get there, etc.. Even if you want to have it on your site, we can just link to it and keep it exclusive to your site.
Reply
#10
(03-15-2014, 11:33 PM)reza Wrote: Hasan, a request. After you are back please consider writing a mini guide as to where tickets are bought, how to get there, etc.. Even if you want to have it on your site, we can just link to it and keep it exclusive to your site.

Reza, i can also write a little guide on that if you want Smile ? What do you need?
Reply