World Cup 2022 - Qatar
(03-30-2022, 08:49 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Media now calling for FIFA to kick out Iran and give them their spot. OMG, just deal with it - you're not going to the World Cup and that's it!

Which country's media?
aka xudong
(03-30-2022, 09:12 PM)ACM2022 Wrote: Which country's media?

West
Tonalism
I saw it on some Mediaset from Italy, don't know if they're media or "media".
Nigeria also could face some punishment. Supporters started riots after being eliminated from qualifications, they maybe even killed FIFA doping officer. Some sources says he was beaten to death, some that he died from stress induced cardiac arrest.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
If FIFA kicks out Iran (btw why? What's happened?), then they'll replace them with a country from the same confederation. Definitely not Italy Big Grin

Anyway, I do think the rules need to change to where current confederation champions get an automatic spot in the World Cup.
Cause they didn't let women attend their last qualifications game. And idea was to replace them with best placed team on FIFA rang list which didn't qualified AKA Italy.

But not happening anyway. Meeting was today to decide who to kick out from FIFA and they kicked Zimbabwe, Kenya and Pakistan cause of some non specified malversations. Russia temporarily suspended.
Ah I see. Thanks

Yea, I don't see FIFA taking a stance like that against Iran. FIFA and UEFA (and probably all other confederations for that matter) are the most hypocritical societies, so I don't ever expect any action from them on something like this
(03-31-2022, 08:50 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Cause they didn't let women attend their last qualifications game. And idea was to replace them with best placed team on FIFA rang list which didn't qualified AKA Italy.

But not happening anyway. Meeting was today to decide who to kick out from FIFA and they kicked Zimbabwe, Kenya and Pakistan cause of some non specified malversations. Russia temporarily suspended.

This ban is not new it is present since the post-1979 revolution. FIFA suddenly realising it in 2022 is comical. I don't want to go deep into post- revolution events and its consequence but i don't think FIFA would go that extreme, to ban deservedly qualified nation.
Tonalism
Wales 1-0 Ukraine

Wales qualified for first WC in 64 years. Group B is now complete with England, Iran, USA, Wales.
Could be interesting fight there for second position (assuming first is "reserved" for England).
(06-05-2022, 07:37 PM)reza Wrote: Wales 1-0 Ukraine

Wales qualified for first WC in 64 years. Group B is now complete with England, Iran, USA, Wales.

So, the last time Wales made it to the WC, it was 1958? I think that was also the year when all of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales made it to the WC. 

Nice.
aka xudong