Summer Mercato 2011
(02-10-2011, 11:55 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 09:33 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Axctually it's the same thing: it's either you give the whole salary to the player and he then pays the tax, or you give the "salary after tax" to the player. In both cases, the money comes from the club and the player keeps the same salary at the end.

I guess you didn't understand what I said. Let's just say Cassano makes €5 Million per annum salary. He should be given the €5 Million and then he's responsible for the taxes (whatever tax bracket he falls into). Back in the day, Diego Maradona didn't pay his taxes. Back then, players paid their own taxes, not clubs.

Now, since €5Million salary calls for around 2.1 Million in taxes, the player should pay that, and be left with around €3 Million. This way the club is only on the hook for €5 Million. Anything more doesn't make sense to me. Personally, I hate the idea of taxes, but certainly the players who are very rich for playing soccer should pay their own taxes.

Actually, I think you misunderstood what I said ... Big Grin
By taking your example: Cassano earns 5M a year, it's his salary after tax, the tax being paid by the club directly. If Cassano had to pay himself the tax, he would have a "5M + the amount of the tax" salary. It's this way you have to see it.

So Cassano costs the club his salary and the tax. Depending on countries, it's either the firm who pays directly the tax (so the player only earns the money he will be able to use as he wants) or the player who has to pay this tax after receiving the whole salary (salary + tax).

In France, when someone tells you "I earn 2000€ a month", that generally means this person earns 2598€ but has to pay the tax. In Belgium for example, this tax is automatically taken before the person receives his salary (which is probably a better way compared to France, but that has nothing to do with football there !! Smile).
(02-11-2011, 12:54 AM)Kastriot Wrote: Since I respect me dear friend Zeekay so much in his name I will try to be a romantic soul for a bit.

I `ve been a reader in the forum since for like 10 years, and a poster for 5 years no....I and always felt we had something special going one in here...and I`m simply overwhelmed how members regardless of anything have so easily embraced this site as their own.

Long live MM and FORZA MILAN

You know, since it's the same people on MM who registered (and will register: just a small thing for Reza, you should maybe write on the former forum the link towards this new one with a bigger character size) on ... MM Big Grin, it was sure that this new forum quickly was going to be our new home to us, the MM members !! Smile

The look changed, and actually, except one or two small things here and there, personnally, I think it was maybe needed and came at the right time ... In some weeks, when we will take a look at the former forum, we will probably think it wasn't very beautiful, or things like that, and finally, we will simply think this place is better because allying the MM ambiancy with a modern look !! ^^

PS: I already feel like home here !! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I went into a mercato thread and saw people discussing over a dreadful topic of tax. Angry Damn. Big Grin
aka xudong
(02-10-2011, 06:42 PM)Aficio Wrote: San Siro is the name in memory, mate. The official name is Giuseppe Meazza (Inter's name).

So I think there is no problem if we build a new stadium and officially name it San Siro.

Technically speaking, the name Giuseppe Meazza comes from the ex Inter and Milan player (he also played for Juve). He was a legendary striker who had a very impressive strike rate. He made his name at Inter (playing over 300 games for them I think) though, which I presume is the reason you said it was Inter's name.

Milan fans always refer to the stadium as the San Siro though, despite the official name.
Imagine, Milan and Inter is one squad instead of two, since they share the same stadium.
I think that will make a better squad than Barcelona.
(02-11-2011, 10:44 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Imagine, Milan and Inter is one squad instead of two, since they share the same stadium.
I think that will make a better squad than Barcelona.

not really, Barcelona is some how perfect, its not about players, its about the system it self, oh god can you imagine your self cheering for zanetti, cambiasso, pandev, materazzi, milito, samuel, julio cesar, maicon, chivu and thiago motta. GOD that is very much for me to handle. KEEP this idea out of your head buddy.
"Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Chelsea want Kaka for 30M.

From a destroyer to another destroyer.
Rumours of the day...
- City and Bremen are following Pirlo and Seedorf respectively.
- Ajax put € 12 million price tag on Eriksen while Vertonghen is flattered by our interest.

I'd welcome Vertonghen, but anybody see this kid named Eriksen play? Some said he's similar to a young Seedorf.
free loan with option to buy ™
I read that Wolfsburg want Seedorf.
aka xudong
(02-11-2011, 03:26 PM)Aficio Wrote: Chelsea want Kaka for 30M.

From a destroyer to another destroyer.

Kaka needs new knees if he wants to play good football, unfortunately he is no longer the kaka we know. its very sad to watch kaka plays nowadays
(02-11-2011, 03:55 PM)xudong Wrote: I read that Wolfsburg want Seedorf.

don't worry galliani will do his magic and keep him for another 3 years with 3 million a year. he is a campione
"Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
(02-11-2011, 04:31 PM)Lebanese Wrote: don't worry galliani will do his magic and keep him for another 3 years with 3 million a year. he is a campione

This year I have faith in Galliani. Big Grin Idea I think he will offer Seedorf a 0.5-year contract with a 0.5-million salary. Idea
aka xudong