Fiorentina vs AC Milan - Sunday April 7, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC
Nothing will stop those eternal losers from talking, but our best response would be to beat them on the pitch and get to that precious 3rd CL spot.

What else can we do? It is just sad that those scums resort to such dirty tactics, but I personally fail to see any effective way preventing it from happening in this big atmosphere of Italian calcio.
aka xudong
(04-10-2013, 02:18 PM)nefremo Wrote: Inter know exactly what they are doing. They are putting pressure on the referees to give the calls in the following few match days, while at the same time putting pressure on the referees to NOT give Milan so many calls (because APPARENTLY according to Inter the refs are on Milan's side).

This kind of crap has been used by many teams (putting pressure on referees before games in order to hopefully get favorable calls)......however rarely does it go to this extent where teams are putting pressure on the refs to NOT make calls for another club.

Just another example that Inter = the scum of Italian football.

Exactly, it's what Juve did last year when they went through their bad patch at the turn of the year and they did it again this year.

It's a regular thing now and needs to be cut out. We're not completely innocent either, as we saw in the post Muntari incident last year (the club could have dealt with that better is what I'm saying).

Thing is, when this stuff is the most discussed stuff about Italian football, it only harms it's reputation, which over recent years has been damaged enough already.
I try to be pretty objective when it comes to our suits...I will say that there is a stark difference between saying "I have put a picture of Muntari's goal on my cellphone," and insinuating refereeing perfidy with gems like "they are not acting in good faith." Also keep in mind that that ghost goal effectively cost us the Scudetto.

One is juvenile; the other is slanderous that could, and should, have legal consequences.

Moratti's little meltdown comes after a distinctly mediocre season, in which his team was an outsider for the CL places anyway. His anger is misdirected. He should look at his own transfer policy that saw the departure of Sneijder and the arrival of players like Gargano (never saw the use for this player).

As for Inter being the scum of football...I don't agree. The reprehensible figures of football are those who actively and effectively ruin it. Like the owner at Malaga or Joey Barton or like the Lebanese players who allegedly took money to throw their games in the qualifiers or Blatter.

It's true that what the guy said on Inter's channel was worse than our ghost goal thing, but none of it really helps the face of Serie A, something which clubs need to work together at improving.

Thing is, these problems all stem from poor a standard of refereeing, which isn't just a problem in Italy, but something which has become a problem throughout Europe. I think this needs looking at from the top, with referees being trained better to do their jobs. Collina is probably the greatest referee ever, but the reason for this isn't that he had a distinctive look and good eyesight, but rather he'd take time and effort to prepare for games, learning about the sides, their playstyles and individual players. I doubt most refs now do more than learn the players names (if they even do that).

As for Inter, if I was Moratti I'd be taking an introspective look at what the club have and where they're going. Branca, for example, I don't think is particularly impressive, citing problems he's had in the market and at dressing room level over the past few years. He plays a big part in Inter's evolution, yet until now hasn't shown the ability to make them competitive, making often confusing signings that don't seem to follow any sort of philosophy.

Secondly, they need a coach who fits their ideas. As with most clubs in Italy, Inter can't continue to compete financially with Europe's powerhouses, so they need to take the direction that many clubs are doing by looking at younger talents who can grow, or players who aren't massive names, but fit well into their system. This is where the coach comes in, as they need someone who can work well with young players and has clear ideas on their way of playing in the future. Stramaccioni hasn't proven incapable as a coach, but the number of changes he makes stop them from building a cohesive gameplan, which imo stops the side making real progress.

As for the players, I've already said they need young talents. With Zanetti, Samuel, Cambiasso and Milito they have older players who can lead the dressing room, so young players who can grow into the club should be the priority. While they kind of do this with Schelotto, Nagatomo, Juan Jesus and Rannocchia, it doesn't seem like they're building with intent, with these players looking lost.

Right now though, they're looking directionless and lost at Inter. Juve took on a project of building a side that doesn't rely on individual stars, but the cohesive group, while we've taken on a project to build from youth level up, essentially seeing a revolution. Inter meanwhile, look stagnant and at the same time a club that hasn't quite decided how it wants to move forward.