Poll: Buy CBs
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rodrigo Ely
5.71%
4 5.71%
Michelangelo Albertazzi
4.29%
3 4.29%
Davide Astori
24.29%
17 24.29%
Francesco Acerbi
11.43%
8 11.43%
Angelo Ogbonna
24.29%
17 24.29%
Matias Silvestre
4.29%
3 4.29%
Mehdi Benatia
5.71%
4 5.71%
Cesare Natali
4.29%
3 4.29%
Dede
15.71%
11 15.71%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Summer 2012 - Incoming: CB
(05-12-2012, 07:27 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: Can someone please give me approximate costs for these players? I'm guessing the Italian ones should come for under 10 mln each. Dede I'm less sure about. There is a general price inflation for promising players in Brazil, even though it is a defender.
You´re right...

But Vasco da Gama(Dede´s club) is in a terrible financial situation and it will more easy to buy him. Plus, Vasco isn´t that hard to negotiate like Sao Paulo or Santos...

(05-12-2012, 07:27 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: Can someone please give me approximate costs for these players? I'm guessing the Italian ones should come for under 10 mln each. Dede I'm less sure about. There is a general price inflation for promising players in Brazil, even though it is a defender.
You´re right...

But Vasco da Gama(Dede´s club) is in a terrible financial situation and it will be more easy to buy him. Plus, Vasco isn´t that hard to negotiate like Sao Paulo or Santos...

(05-15-2012, 03:31 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Dev, great stuff as always, but I think the reason why Silva got interceptions had more to do with him playing the front part of the CB duo while Mexes and Nesta played more of the sweeper role. Interestingly enough, I would have thought the oppossite.

Anyhow, thanks Brasileiro on Dede, as I know I seen a gem in CB when I see one.

thanks. I kind of agree, but I think Thiago Silva plays higher because he can do physically. He's able to recover if he gets beaten. Mexes did play high at times this season and we lost goals because of it, while Nesta can't afford the risk. That said, our CB's generally start on the same line, as is often evident given how often we see them passing to each other at the back.

I'm very interested in Dede, he impressed me a year ago, though I haven't seen him since. Unfortunately, like Ogbonna he's difficult to get stats for.
(05-16-2012, 09:33 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(05-15-2012, 03:31 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Dev, great stuff as always, but I think the reason why Silva got interceptions had more to do with him playing the front part of the CB duo while Mexes and Nesta played more of the sweeper role. Interestingly enough, I would have thought the oppossite.

Anyhow, thanks Brasileiro on Dede, as I know I seen a gem in CB when I see one.

thanks. I kind of agree, but I think Thiago Silva plays higher because he can do physically. He's able to recover if he gets beaten. Mexes did play high at times this season and we lost goals because of it, while Nesta can't afford the risk. That said, our CB's generally start on the same line, as is often evident given how often we see them passing to each other at the back.

I'm very interested in Dede, he impressed me a year ago, though I haven't seen him since. Unfortunately, like Ogbonna he's difficult to get stats for.
Dede is one of these freak of natures that don´t appears often. Big guys with Speed like Stan and Alex. Whats impressive is that Dede is even taller than both. Plus, he´s rarely booked... one of the most impressive display that I saw by defenders in Brazil was Dede against Lucas and Neymar, and Mario Fernandes against Neymar and Robinho. They literally dominated without the use of fouls or violence... impressive!!!

Btw, Dede´s debut in Brazil NT was great, too... and that say something about ability to handle pressure. Some club in Europe will have a monster for years...

(05-15-2012, 03:31 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Anyhow, thanks Brasileiro on Dede, as I know I seen a gem in CB when I see one.
You´re welcome, Gabriel...

I´m still waiting for Dede to disappoint me in any stage(Brasileirao, Libertadores, Brazil NT). He´s shining in all!!

(05-18-2012, 05:55 PM)brasileiro Wrote: Dede is one of these freak of natures that don´t appears often. Big guys with Speed like Stan and Alex. Whats impressive is that Dede is even taller than both. Plus, he´s rarely booked... one of the most impressive display that I saw by defenders in Brazil was Dede against Lucas and Neymar, and Mario Fernandes against Neymar and Robinho. They literally dominated without the use of fouls or violence... impressive!!!

Btw, Dede´s debut in Brazil NT was great, too... and that say something about ability to handle pressure. Some club in Europe will have a monster for years...

You´re welcome, Gabriel...

I´m still waiting for Dede to disappoint me in any stage(Brasileirao, Libertadores, Brazil NT). He´s shining in all!!

He reminds me of a more impressive Juan if that makes sense. He seems to have a similar style, but looks to have more potential.
Dede would b a great signing, although I'd also like ogbonna, be a tough choice between the two..

Dede sais thiago silva is one of his current day role models and is the best CB in the world
http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusiv...der-in-the

Where ogbonna, as well all already know is a big ac milan fan.

I think we will sign one of the two, whichever is cheaper Big Grin
If both names WCmilan mentioned have similar quality, I choose Ogbonna since Italian only if his price not overhyped due to his nationality. If he cost more expensive than defender from South America it is normal, an added sum of money for Italian player is acceptable.

Well, anyone who comes as long as he is quality for our first team I am happy with that. Big Grin
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
It is interesting that best defenders these days come from Brazil, while they generally suck in Italy. Icon_lol2 Brazil also has great attackers, midfielders, and goalkeepers, while Italy got NOBODY but a Buffon who is aging too. Big Grin What a sorry status for Italian calcio. (NO, I am not kidding! I can't think of any other BIG-NAME in Italian NT today)

We missed Luiz, and I hope that we could do something quick to get Dede before Rubentus. Braseileiro said that his club is easier to deal with and Milan still has good rapport with Brasilizan clubs, and that gave me some hope. We should get him now; if we wait until 2013, then the players may want to play 2013-14 in Brazil for the upcoming WC. Don't ask me why that could be a reason, somehow I thought it could be. Then he would have a monstrous performance in WC'14, and we could never afford him again. I guess it is either now or never for us.

As for Ogbonna, his contract with Torino expires next summer. So does Yepes'. Smile I smell a Galliani, honestly. Big Grin
aka xudong
(05-20-2012, 04:55 PM)xudong Wrote: It is interesting that best defenders these days come from Brazil, while they generally suck in Italy. Icon_lol2 Brazil also has great attackers, midfielders, and goalkeepers, while Italy got NOBODY but a Buffon who is aging too. Big Grin What a sorry status for Italian calcio. (NO, I am not kidding! I can't think of any other BIG-NAME in Italian NT today)

We missed Luiz, and I hope that we could do something quick to get Dede before Rubentus. Braseileiro said that his club is easier to deal with and Milan still has good rapport with Brasilizan clubs, and that gave me some hope. We should get him now; if we wait until 2013, then the players may want to play 2013-14 in Brazil for the upcoming WC. Don't ask me why that could be a reason, somehow I thought it could be. Then he would have a monstrous performance in WC'14, and we could never afford him again. I guess it is either now or never for us.

As for Ogbonna, his contract with Torino expires next summer. So does Yepes'. Smile I smell a Galliani, honestly. Big Grin
Yep, one more proof the world end in 2012Devilol

Vasco da game needs money, aren´t that hard to deal like Sao Paolo or Santos, if Milan wants, they can make this happens...
Dede in my opinion would be a better CB then ogbonna. I'd prefer him for sure, however the if we look at our current needs..

We don't have too many italian players, ogbonna is italian and will most likely eventually be a starter in the NT in the future. He's versatile, good at both LB and CB.

apparently the objective is to sign acerbi and ogbonna.. if this is the case..

CB- silva,mexes,yepes,bonera,acerbi,ogbonna
RB-abate,bonera,de scgilio
LB-Ogbonna,antonini,de scgilio,mesbah(probably be gone),taiwo(probably be gone)

Leaves us with a pretty versatile defence.