Poll: Buy CBs
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rodrigo Ely
5.71%
4 5.71%
Michelangelo Albertazzi
4.29%
3 4.29%
Davide Astori
24.29%
17 24.29%
Francesco Acerbi
11.43%
8 11.43%
Angelo Ogbonna
24.29%
17 24.29%
Matias Silvestre
4.29%
3 4.29%
Mehdi Benatia
5.71%
4 5.71%
Cesare Natali
4.29%
3 4.29%
Dede
15.71%
11 15.71%
Total 70 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Summer 2012 - Incoming: CB
I will try to mention in the poll most of the CBs that i can remember we were linked to or actually have a possibility to sign. I know many would have several other names in mind but I hope the list is as realistic as possible.

Since we decided to keep Thiago & Mexes, we will probably need 3 more so obviously in this poll you have the possibility to select more than one but hope you can all stick to your top 3 choices and not add more.

Hope you can all consider that probably 2 of these 3 would be 4th & 5th choice (I'm guessing Mexes is 3rd choice) and make your selections accordingly.
I selected Ogbonna, Astori and Dede. These are the guys that I think are best suited to fitting into our defence and also can play in a high line (doubts here about Astori)
I think that if you have Thiago, Ogbonna, & Dede (and considering that Ogbonna will not be the LB) then it might be a bit hard to keep them all satisfied as they are all starter material I guess (haven't seen much of Dede, but considering the reviews I read), that's why I opted for players who would sit on the bench when needed and be useful when called on, so I went for Ogbonna, Acerbi, & Ely for 5th spot
Dede would be nice, but I understand that it may not happen.

I haven't watched much to form a valid opinion, but I would happily take some risk on any of Ogbonna, Acerbi, or Astori. And I know both Acerbi and Astori are Milanista, so I am going to pick them before Ogbonna for this poll. Not really for another more serious reason.

aka xudong

I went with Ogbonna, Acerbi, and Astori - in that order.
I would also love to sign Criscito for the LB, but......

Not sure if it's realistic, but:

LB - Ogbonna, Antonini, De Sig
RB - Abate, De Sig, Antonini
CB - Silva & Astori/Acerbi/Mexes

Ideally, Urby (not a real LB, only a weak LW) and Bonera could leave.
Any injury to one of the CB's and Ogbonna can slot over if needed.

I know it's unlikely that Ogbonna would accept the LB role, but it's a big gap for Milan since Maldini left. Serginho was good, but Milan has been scrounging ever since: Kaladze, Janku, Taiwo, Didac, Urby, Antonini, ....
(05-11-2012, 11:58 AM)LebRN Wrote: I think that if you have Thiago, Ogbonna, & Dede (and considering that Ogbonna will not be the LB) then it might be a bit hard to keep them all satisfied as they are all starter material I guess (haven't seen much of Dede, but considering the reviews I read), that's why I opted for players who would sit on the bench when needed and be useful when called on, so I went for Ogbonna, Acerbi, & Ely for 5th spot

It will be difficult but those who earn their place will start. It would hopefully create a situation as we have in our attack in our defence, where we have plenty of competition and alternatives.
Not a single one of the listed players can hold half a candle to Nesta. To be fair though even the more costly options aren't comparable either.

Why do we need 3 new CBs? Are we certain Yepes and Bonera are leaving? I'm particularly skeptical about the latter one leaving, since his contract is still in full effect. Personally I wouldn't have much against these two players staying another season, instead of having to buy two new players. We can't expect to get 2 new CBs, some SBs, two midfielders, Tevez and now apparently I'm hearing talk about a second choice GK.

Also, isn't Ely one of our youth players?
i pick astori and dede only
the others doesnt give me confidence
Can someone please give me approximate costs for these players? I'm guessing the Italian ones should come for under 10 mln each. Dede I'm less sure about. There is a general price inflation for promising players in Brazil, even though it is a defender.
I voted for astori,ogbonna and benatia..

Benatia would be absolutely amazing, thats a potential nesta replacement. imo astori and ogbonna are still a bit raw for us and especially to play in europe , although both show a lot of promise and id be happy with those two as well.. as far as dede, his size is great and he has similar playing characteristics to lucios style but idk, id like to see him play in europe first unless he has a cheap price tag

here you go gio

Davide Astori: 7mln euros.
Acerbi: 3-5 mln euros
Ogbonna: 8mln euros
Silvestre: 8mln euros
Benatia: 13mln euros
Dede: 6mln euros

i got all those number from a transfer market website, so they are actually realistic although some clubs will ask for more, while you can get some for less.
I didnt include natali because im quite sure hes a free agent this summer.
For example, im sure torino will ask 10mln for ogbonna. where acerbi can realistically be bought for 3-5mln,
although benatia will requite more then 13mln euros IMO solid defender in seria a, with lots more to proove.. your going to have to pay for that

benatia is also 25 years old, where ogbonna and dede and acerbi are all 23, not sure about astori and silvestre

btw important, ogbonna is actually a fan of milan

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/201...t-ac-milan