Winter mercato 2022
(02-02-2022, 01:09 PM)Beppe Wrote: I would renew Romagnoli and dont sign an expensive defender. Save the money for a striker and a RW!

If we need to give Romagnoli 6m per year for 5 years, it will cost us 60m? So I can understand getting botman for 30m and offer him a 3m contract.
(02-02-2022, 01:30 PM)hwmook Wrote: If we need to give Romagnoli 6m per year for 5 years, it will cost us 60m? So I can understand getting botman for 30m and offer him a 3m contract.

Roamgnoli has agreed his salary demand down to 3.5M. Bremer>>> Botman
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(02-02-2022, 03:11 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Roamgnoli has agreed his salary demand down to 3.5M. Bremer>>> Botman

That's what he has been offered, but him and his agent hasn't accepted yet. But yes, he's at least ready to reduce what he earns today.

Anyway, I hope we get Botman too either way. We need a big, strong squad if we're to compete in Europe.

Bremer extended with Torino until 2024. So it will be harder/more expensive to get him now I guess.
(02-02-2022, 01:28 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Idk what grudge do people hold against Romagnoli, he had been good defender and trustable name at the back and a good guy who respect the club unlike Kessie and Hakan. He is even ready to renew hus contract on reduced salary. I know he has his own strength and weakness to consider which every defender has, unlike those of 'GOAT' status. If we let him go for free, then we would have to buy 2 defenders in summer, we can't rely on 33 old guy coming from ACL, can we? Better invest that money on RW, CF.

(02-02-2022, 03:11 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Roamgnoli has agreed his salary demand down to 3.5M. Bremer>>> Botman

Has he though? If he did, he would have signed.
He hasn't signed yet. I agree that he's a decent defender. Frustrating with his lack of aggressivness at times and quite bad at 1v1 defending, BUT he's fine...especially with someone as quick and as aggressive as Tpmori next to him. 
In any case, he's definitely not worth it at what he makes now (3x more then Tomori) which is where the problem is. And, this is probably why he hasn't signed.
Exiting the last window before Bosman and not signed is as good as not signed. The current football system teams need to have contract certainty of at least 1 year before expiry. I am very surprised many managements (not just Milan) don't seem to be able to do this.
Transfer fees may be negotiable and vary based on bids but 1 year before expiry telling a guy *on the team* "we can give you between 3 and 4.5, we want an answer" for extension is not at all harsh or 'against' a player. There is 1.5million space which is actually very good. If managements are so weak that this is not possible then it is stupid, not sure if stupid is right word but it is close.
According to The Athletic, Spurs had a long list of targets to reinforce the midfield options available to Antonio Conte before they ended up signing Rodrigo Bentancur from Juventus, including Roma’s Jordan Veretout and also Kessie, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

The report stats that contact was made with Milan to see if a deal could be done for Kessie in advance, thus allowing the Rossoneri to not lose another valuable asset without receiving some kind of return, but it was the player who scuppered their plans.

Instead, the Ivorian preferred to wait until the summer when his contract will expire and he may be able to hand pick his destination. Midfield duo Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso were offered to Milan, but the attempts got nowhere because of Kessie’s firm stance.

Won't leave. Turns up late. Mercenary for hire.
(02-02-2022, 10:04 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: According to The Athletic, Spurs had a long list of targets to reinforce the midfield options available to Antonio Conte before they ended up signing Rodrigo Bentancur from Juventus, including Roma’s Jordan Veretout and also Kessie, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

The report stats that contact was made with Milan to see if a deal could be done for Kessie in advance, thus allowing the Rossoneri to not lose another valuable asset without receiving some kind of return, but it was the player who scuppered their plans.

Instead, the Ivorian preferred to wait until the summer when his contract will expire and he may be able to hand pick his destination. Midfield duo Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso were offered to Milan, but the attempts got nowhere because of Kessie’s firm stance.

Won't leave. Turns up late. Mercenary for hire.

I read that from another source as well, that apparently Kessie turned down any offers to leave in January thus we lost the possibility to gain a few million for him. Shameful really, to think these players just get away with stuff like this.

Hakan was a slightly different story. He was not necessarily a part of our plans, at least not a firm one. He was ridiculed a lot by fans for his performances and wasn't always a starter. With Kessie, he was given full faith of the fans and coach for years now.
(02-02-2022, 01:28 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Idk what grudge do people hold against Romagnoli, he had been good defender and trustable name at the back and a good guy who respect the club unlike Kessie and Hakan. He is even ready to renew hus contract on reduced salary. I know he has his own strength and weakness to consider which every defender has, unlike those of 'GOAT' status. If we let him go for free, then we would have to buy 2 defenders in summer, we can't rely on 33 old guy coming from ACL, can we? Better invest that money on RW, CF.
Remember around 2 year's ago he hurt his ankle? He has never been the same since. He was never the quickest but I think he lost a step after his injury. 

Not his fault.

But I think it's more likely he'll leave due to his offer allegedly been 2.5M a year instead of his 6M.
That's why I always speak of him as going.
Again we are linked with Zaniolo along with Juventus and Tottenham. 

So far so good with his injury return. Not sure why Mou seems to bench him more time's than not, I don't typically watch Roma matches.
Rudy Galetti believes Milan are planning an 85M swoop for Sven Botman and Renato Sanches (both around €30M) and Nao Lang (around €25M). Lang can play CF or either side as a winger.