Winter mercato 2022
Kessie and Romagnoli to leave? What of Castillejo and Conti.

What are the team needs and how can we deal with contracts?
Petkovic (Bordeaux coach) on Adli’s role: “Regarding a role in front of the defense, he can cover this defensive midfielder position but I don't think his main characteristics are for this role. I see him above to score goals and liven up the game.”

This shows Adli was NEVER Kessie's replacement. He seems to have characteristics similar to Bennacer, but he is AM support.
We'll see what Pioli thinks.
(09-10-2021, 09:28 PM)reza Wrote: Kessie and Romagnoli to leave? What of Castillejo and Conti.

What are the team needs and how can we deal with contracts?

Castillejo: possibly leaves in January. 

Conti: We might terminate his contract in January.

If Romagnoli leaves we only have 3 CB -unless Kalulu is considered one. So we would need a veteran CB who could do the job but not necessarily expect to play a lot.

Kessie leaves, well is Bakayoko the replacement? He is a dowmgrade.
Can we do a swap with Spurs for N'dombele or similar? If not just 15-20 in January is something. 
No Hector. No Thiago.
Denis Zakaria would also have 6 month's come January and would be a VERY interesting addition.
I know one thing for sure that both Kessie and Romagnoli stay until January. So we should use them the best we can.

For Kessie: don't bench him, use him as much as possible.
- He is still our best midfielder.
- He is greedy, so he must work his ass if he wants a much-improved contract, regardless at Milan or elsewhere. So if he signs a new contract with us, that's a win, if he doesn't sign, we still have a top performance for just 2.2M (1.1 if half season).

For Romagnoli: use him when we need, and not just at CB.
- He is the above-average jack-of-all-trade: quite tall, quite good at match reading, quite good at defending,... so he cannot play aggressively like Tomori or cover like Kjaer, but still very useful for a backup.
- He can play defensive LB to release Calabria, Florenzi attack more on the right wing.
- He is our captain now and behaves professionally.
Some interesting free agents. I am NOT saying we sign any of them, just they're out there:

Mattia Viviani - Chievo and U21 rep. 21yo DM. Free after Chievo collapsed. Was highly thought of a few years back and was close to Atalanta. I would certainly look at him.

Kwang-song Han CF , North Korean former Cagliari player on Juventus' book.

Gastón Ramírez AM, 31YO former Sampdoria player.

Nicolas N'Koulou CB 30yo former Torino player. Was linked to Milan in the past.

Serge Aurier 27yo RB, former Tottenham and PSG. I don't think he will be available long.

Eqliaquim Mangala 30yo CB former Valencia player.

Jack Wilshere 29yo midfielder former Bournemouth and Arsenal player. Often injured.

Nabil Bentelab - 26yo midfielder former Newcastle and Schalke player. Often injured.

There's also Carlos Tevez, Fernando LLorente, Marco Parolo , Diego Perotta and Sergio Romero.
(09-11-2021, 04:27 AM)Aficio Wrote: I know one thing for sure that both Kessie and Romagnoli stay until January. So we should use them the best we can.

For Kessie: don't bench him, use him as much as possible.
- He is still our best midfielder.
- He is greedy, so he must work his ass if he wants a much-improved contract, regardless at Milan or elsewhere. So if he signs a new contract with us, that's a win, if he doesn't sign, we still have a top performance for just 2.2M (1.1 if half season).

For Romagnoli: use him when we need, and not just at CB.
- He is the above-average jack-of-all-trade: quite tall, quite good at match reading, quite good at defending,... so he cannot play aggressively like Tomori or cover like Kjaer, but still very useful for a backup.
- He can play defensive LB to release Calabria, Florenzi attack more on the right wing.
- He is our captain now and behaves professionally.

Disagree. Bennacer is our best midfielder when fit and in form
(09-11-2021, 04:51 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Disagree. Bennacer is our best midfielder when fit and in form

Agree, Bennacer dominates the midfield when fit and in form and he does it in style. Kessie is more of a workhorse/donkey - he does a lot of running and works hard.
(09-11-2021, 04:51 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Disagree. Bennacer is our best midfielder when fit and in form

Agree, Bennacer is the best IMO. Kessie can't do what he does. We need to do something about his 50m clause ASAP, many clubs can afford that as we recover from the COVID situation.
(09-11-2021, 02:35 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Kessie leaves, well is Bakayoko the replacement? He is a dowmgrade.

Is Bakayoko a downgrade? Remember Bakayoko used to play alongside Kessie and he have done better than Kessie. They are similar players and I won't be surprised that Bakayoko play as well as Kessie in our current squad. Our current formation/squad simply suit a DM like kessie/bakayoko. You shouldn't underestimate Bakayoko. Kessie was worse than Bakayoko outside of last season. Whoscored's rating reflect that. That's why I am not concerned about losing kessie, a player like Kessie is replaceable.
Tonali is on many ways like Kessie. For me, fhat's the true replacement. I'm excited to see a Tonali - Bennacer duo. Tonali also covers so much ground.

But I agree that Bennacer is the best midfielder at the club. He's got the "special something". The "x-factor" that others don't have on the ball. We need him to get back to full fitness and form asap.
Amd yes....give him an extension now and remove that damm clause (or bring it way high). Don't wait until next summer. Start the process now.