Week 22: Spezia - Milan February 13 20:45
Obviously I don't know how to watch a football game  Dodgy

[Image: EuJ2IvmXUAAkTh-?format=jpg&name=900x900]
Big Grin

That right there is a prime example of why nobody should take whoscored ratings seriously or judge players based on them.

Dalot the best on the field??? Wtf metrics do they use over there???? Big Grin
They probably use a random number generator.  Icon_lol2
aka xudong
I think its based on actions performed and actions stopped. Dalot actually dids see a lot of the ball as they were intent on attacking his flank. He performed okay until the first goal we conceeded.

We will feel aggrieved at his performance, but they use all metrics (defensive actions made, tackles won, etc.) to assess a player and their actions. Thats also why players who only play less than a certain number of minutes don't get rated. In the match, he did more than the rest of the defense, because most of the action happened on his side.

Neither goal were directly his fault, even though he was shaky, and so the rating reflects it. Just like how Kessie got lower score than Bennacer because he was misplacing passes all over the place.

Spezia just outplayed us all over the pitch. They should be getting 8s and 9s for their front press and ball stealing.

That said, I feel like everything is reactionary at this point. Pioli got the game plan wrong. It happens.
I'm not going to worry about it until it happens more than two or three games.
Remember, we WEREN'T SUPPOSE TO BE here in 1st place, yet we have been for the past 21 game weeks, and on merit.
I will only worry if we lose matches and DON'T react (thus far after every loss we've had, we've responded with a win in the next match. The Merda match was an exception only because Ibra was sent off and they got the calls going their way).

I don't fully agree with Pioli, but I do think that of our 5 losses this season, only the Lille match and this one were deserved. We didn't play our best team against Lille (Piolis choice), we were still missing our starters through injuries and suspension for the ones against Juve and Atalanta, and we played at 60% strength against Merda and went toe to toe against them until they got their pen and free kick at the 97th) even with Ibra sent off.

Getting our starting 11 back to their peak form is going to be more difficult this season without a Covid break, but we don't lose out to anyone either.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
This defeat reminded of the 2010 defeat at Cesena 0-2. Pretty similar.... Bad game by us, the opponents never conceded us anything, pressed us for 90 mins, somethung like Atalanta did. This defeat doesn't worry me, others will drop points too... Its only that others have learnt how to stop us by now. Mister Pioli has to find a way to handle the situation where opponents press us high... A different game plan must be made for those situations.
Heads up and let's beat Merdas next week.

Forza Milan
I actually asked myself why Kalulu didnt start yesterday instead of Dalot....its not that i point im out as the reason of the defeat...
https://sempremilan.com/romagnoli-contra...mated-them

I like that Romagnoli can admit this. We showed up yesterday like it was going to be easy, probably in part due to the relatively easy 4-0 win against Crotone, and it turned out to be anything but. The players looked like they had their minds on the EL and the derby already. This defeat really hurts, not gonna lie, but there might be some opportunities to learn from this as well.