Summer mercato 2021
(09-06-2021, 11:20 AM)Beppe Wrote: Looks like it we'll see another 2 players leave on a free transfer.  That hurts.  Its really fucked up the way players and their agents are playing with their clubs.  Its all about the money, no love for the club anymore.  We gonna loose almost 200m of players on free transfers in Donnarumma, Hakan, Romagnoli and Kessie.  Hopefully we can snatch up some free transfers ourselves next summer. As there are so many free players next summer. Kamara, Insigne, Belotti, Pellegrini, Rudiger, Denayer... are all on a free transfer.  Getting a few of those on realistic wages would be great.

I seriously hope Kessie an romagnoli won't get much playing time this season if they don't renew.

To be honest, I think you'll find a whole lot more of that in the next few seasons. Power seems to have shifted and players and agents have way to much control. 
Mbappe, Pedri, Goretzka, Pogba, Fati, Dybala, Dembele, Insigne, Brozovic, Pellegrini, Kamara, Belotti.

There's a few there that wil ldefinitely not sign and just wait for the highest offer and leave for free. 

(09-06-2021, 11:29 AM)nefremo Wrote: We don't need to sign a Romagnoli replacement. Gabbia performed just as Romagnoli, even better actually.

But let's agree to disagree. For me, signing these high dollar extensions just to sell in the future (or protect from the eventuality of losing for free) is not the right way.

I still like Roma but he has gone stagnant. It's better for all parties involved that he leaves and hopefully regains top form. 

(09-06-2021, 08:23 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Ghosts of Mirabelli Big Grin Although ,I still believe that their (M&F) selection wasn't that bad - it just lacked guidance from the bench. How they spent 300M on (good-ish) players and yet left complete incompetent amateur as coach is still beyond me.
I'm pretty sure that if he had decent coach at those times things would go completely different way... Pioli with that team, I'm sure we would end up in CL.

Not sure I agree completely. Sure we had a terrible coach but not sure how much Pioli could get the best out of some of the signings that were made. There wasn't a clear direction. Not about signing all the best players, you need to sign players that fit. That's one thing I think Maldini is doing very well so far. most of his signings have been good fits for the team regardless of their ability and cost.

(09-07-2021, 12:17 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: Don't forget, Caldara will come back when Venezia opt not to sign him Icon_lol2

and we've still got Conti
Read today PSG wants to sign Kessie in January. Man, it is good to have money lol. As if that team needs more talent. If that's true, let's sell his butt fast and use the money somewhere else.
Growing rumours of a future without Kessie. Apparently Bakayoko were signed in case of his departure.

side note Traore is a player with tremendous talent, but is only 16 y/o. Doubt he would be ready anytime soon although he is definitely something special and we haven't talked about him enough.
(09-07-2021, 01:45 AM)ACMmike Wrote: Growing rumours of a future without Kessie. Apparently Bakayoko were signed in case of his departure.

side note Traore is a player with tremendous talent, but is only 16 y/o. Doubt he would be ready anytime soon although he is definitely something special and we haven't talked about him enough.

Bennacer, Tonali, Bakayoko, Adil, Pobega, Krunic. We have a truckload of midfielders, the management don't expect Kessie to stay.
(09-07-2021, 12:59 AM)slifersd Wrote: Read today PSG wants to sign Kessie in January. Man, it is good to have money lol. As if that team needs more talent. If that's true, let's sell his butt fast and use the money somewhere else.

What about selling him in January, asking to keep him until the end of the season... And bench him as long as we are not in an injury crisis ?  Angel
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing Franck Kessie from AC Milan but will not negotiate a January deal, according to a report.

This morning’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport (via PianetaMilan) takes stock of the latest on the future of Kessié, whose contract with the Rossoneri will expire on on 30 June 2022.

Milan offered €6.5m net per season and a five-year extension, but Kessié has not yet said yes and in the meantime PSG have come forward and shown their interest, but they are willing to wait until summer 2022.
(09-07-2021, 05:58 AM)GeoTav Wrote: What about selling him in January, asking to keep him until the end of the season... And bench him as long as we are not in an injury crisis ?  Angel

Why would anyone pay for that? Wouldn't they just sign a pre-contract in January and get him for free in the summer? If the rumoured numbers from PSG are correct they won't have any competition for him anyway.
Any chances of Samu Castillejo leaving AC Milan in the next 24 hours have evaporated, according to the latest reports.

According to Calciomercato.com Castillejo will remain at Milan at least until the reopening of the transfer market in January because talks with the Russian club over a deal for the 26-year-old have now fallen apart entirely.

The negotiations between the clubs stalled because CSKA Moscow had no intention of improving their initial offer of a dry loan for the remainder of the current season, which they did not want to pay a fee for. The Spaniard himself was not so convinced of leaving the Italian league for the Russian one.

Ole
With Franck Kessie’s renewal having descended into a soap opera, AC Milan are already planning to act early on possible future renewals.

According to Alberto Cerruti’s latest column for MilanNews, the Rossoneri management are aware that they must immediately act to try and secure the long-term future of other star young players, having seen how the Kessie situation has ended up becoming a saga.

One of the players concerned is Theo Hernandez, even if he has a contract which is expiring in 2024. This is because PSG have already come forward and registered their interest in signing him, and therefore the idea of ​​Milan to extend his contract by a further year until 2025 with a jump from €1.5m net per season to €4.5m – therefore a salary tripling.
Milan can not be this powerless against the PSG's of the world. Not just Milan but others too, actually I don't think coaches like Poch care about having a squad of more than 25 players, going to rich team rumours will reach a limit. Every good player linked to PSG City United Chelsea Bayern (not even Real or Barca anymore) is silly and each time they sign a new player the next rumour has a greater chance of being fake.