Week 6: Udinese - Milan November 1 12:30
(11-01-2020, 11:28 PM)reza Wrote: The ref was excluded for a month which means he will earn less in that time, there is nothing else that the league can do. Firing them is not as easy cause they have deals and contracts.

Fire refs for one bad match... The world would run out of refs.

Should players also be fired for playing a bad match then? For missing a penalty or scoring an own goal? The world would run out of players as well...

I've seen thousands of matches and rarely have the ref been the worst participant on the pitch.
Not fire them for 1 bad match. I agree that's extreme.

But the comparison with players is unfounded. Players make a mistake and don't get a chance of a "re-do". If players could go after the fact, take a look at video evidence to see what they did wrong, then go back and correct their mistake...AND THEY REFUSED TO DO THAT...then YES. They should also be fired.

It's not the mistake. It's the fact and dispicable arrogance to not even go look if you made a mistake.
I agree. It is not necessarily the error itself, but the fact that they are arrogance and refuse to correct when they actually have the chance.

It is also about the abusing of the power, while the same can't be said about the players.
aka xudong
nefremo Wrote:Not fire them for 1 bad match. I agree that's extreme.

But the comparison with players is unfounded. Players make a mistake and don't get a chance of a "re-do". If players could go after the fact, take a look at video evidence to see what they did wrong, then go back and correct their mistake...AND THEY REFUSED TO DO THAT...then YES. They should also be fired.

It's not the mistake. It's the fact and dispicable arrogance to not even go look if you made a mistake.

We've had some players the last 10 years that played several matches year in and year out making the same mistakes over and over again and still being paid millions.

But yes, players and refs are not directly comparable like that. I know that.

I'm sure the ref was in contact with VAR refs to know if they agreed on his decisions. If they agreed he was right, should he then still assume he was wrong and watch the video himself?
(11-02-2020, 04:53 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: We've had some players the last 10 years that played several matches year in and year out making the same mistakes over and over again and still being paid millions.

But yes, players and refs are not directly comparable like that. I know that.

I'm sure the ref was in contact with VAR refs to know if they agreed on his decisions. If they agreed he was right, should he then still assume he was wrong and watch the video himself?

Who knows what was going on. That VAR guy has a certain anti-Milan reputation, I read. Maybe he was tricking the referee (whose main issue was arrogance, the way I see it) by saying something like "... I don't know... Why don't you decide, man? I think it could go either way..." 

I know that the VAR guy was banned too, so he must have some major blame in there. In the end, who cares? Those idiots are out for a month but we are short 2 points.  Angry
aka xudong