Summer mercato 2012
it is, by the looks of it geo
we got some players that is either a freebies or on loan
im thinking may be galliani will be really wanting to put our primavera in to the team in the future
(08-31-2012, 04:21 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(08-31-2012, 03:30 AM)Aficio Wrote: Alves & Maicon are not themselves. Lahm is consistent but lack the explosiveness of Brazilian duo at their prime. Others RBs are normal. Therefore, I think calling Abate one of top 5 RBs is reasonable.

If Galliani lies about saying the market is "very" close then bring in good players, please continue, Uncle. It is much better than someone who fully support a coach then kick him out right away Big Grin

Bacary Sagna, Phil Jones, Van Der Wiel, Maggio, Branislav Ivanovic, Bosingwa are all better if not comparable to Abate

- No team is interested in Sagna, an Arsenal player Sagrin
- Van Der Wiel was hot after WC2010 but for now we can say he was overrated.
- Abate is more favored at RB than Maggio for Azzurri.
- Bosingwa can't compete with a CB like Ivanovic, and Ivanovic is just a solid RB. He lacks some quality for a fullback.
- Phil Jones must improve himself to compete with Richard, Johnson and Kyle to play RB for England NT. And if we consider form, attack, defense, tactical discipline,... they are not really better than our Abate.

So I think other RBs are just comparable to Abate.
Our RB starter is not world class, but the overall quality is poor.
(08-30-2012, 10:35 PM)mathiask Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en...8LvWk&NR=1

They better get us our star player back. We need someone to whom the team can look up to.

Very emotional video which actually did make me want to see his return lol. That said, I still hold true that this deal will screw us over if we're not careful with the money involved.

More than anything though, I want to see the return of our Duck. I want to see Pato return to the player he was even just a couple of years ago. I'm still convinced he's potentially the most phenomenal player I've seen in a Milan shirt, but it feels so long since we saw the real Pato. Let's not forget, Pato is now the age when Kaka joined Milan and made himself a household name.

(08-30-2012, 05:18 PM)Ceceves Wrote: I can't stand De Jong's style either but there's no denying getting him for maybe €4m is an absolute bargain. To put it in perspective Bayern paid TEN times that for Javi Martínez, who IMO is not a better player from a strictly defensive point of view.

I can't disagree with you at all here.

(08-31-2012, 07:55 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Rumours in Spain about Kaká coming to Milan today...

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=89761

Wouldn't be surprised at all... After all our mercato is closed or open?!? Devilol

It could happen if Real are desperate to sell, which is a very distinct possibility as Kaka's not only clearly not wanted by Mourinho, but the club will want to remove the burden of the cost of keeping him.

(08-31-2012, 04:21 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Bacary Sagna, Phil Jones, Van Der Wiel, Maggio, Branislav Ivanovic, Bosingwa are all better if not comparable to Abate

Bacary Sagna's not been playing at the same level as when he first started for Arsenal for a while now. Right now there's no way I'd consider him better than Abate. Phil Jones is yet to prove himself at a higher level and as of yet is still a player finding his way. Van Der Wiel has been awful for a while now, no longer the prospect he was in 2010. Maggio might be better than Abate when RWB in a side playing a 3 man defence, but as RB Abate showed he's better in the Euros. Ivanovic is a solid option defensively but offers nothing going forward and is quite awkward at RB. Bosingwa is all pace, beyond that he's not a particularly good player.

Simply put, I think right now Abate's a level above all of these players except Maggio, who isn't the same player at RB as RWB.

(08-31-2012, 02:38 AM)Nalx Wrote: Antonelli's name sounds familiar and after some help from Google it turns out that he's a product of our youth team. Now at 25 he's suddenly good enough for our first team? Seems like Antonini 2.0 to me. Peluso is 28 now and only played at serie A level since he's 25. Another Mesbah? Haven't we got enough crappy LBs already?

He's done pretty well since leaving Milan years ago in all fairness. I know many Milan fans rated him really highly, so it's not quite the same as Antonini who was basically never valued until his time in Empoli. I will say that I see Antonelli being solid at LB but not sure he'll ever become great. Personally, I'd rather go with De Sciglio, who I think should be trusted more.

An interesting thing I noticed on whoscored.com was De Sciglio was statistically one of our best performers against Samp and imo he has continued to grow since last season at a pretty solid rate.

As for Peluso, I don't particularly rate him personally.

(08-30-2012, 11:37 PM)ACM2012 Wrote: That's true. He is going to walk right into our first 11.

Is he official yet?
Just realized one thing: we now already have 31 players, excluding the probably de Jong and possible Kaka. If we get those two, the first team will once again be 33.

GK (3): abbiati, amelia, gabriel;
Defenders (10): abate, acerbi, antonini, bonera, de sciglio, mesbah, mexes, vila, yepes, zapata
Midfielders (12): ambrosini, boateng, camona, constant, emanuelson, flamini, montolivo, muntari, nocerino, strasser, traore, valoti
Forwards (6): el shaarawy, krkic, niang, pato, pazzini, robinho

Source: http://www.acmilan.com/en/teams/roster

This is just another example of Galliani's "penny wise, dollar foolish" transfer policy. We could have had a competitive 25 or 26 player squad, but instead, his fetish over late action and last-minute bargains are going to cost us much on the salary part.

That's just too big, I was thinking the same just a little earlier today. Mesbah needs to go, he's a waste of space, while something has to be done about Didac Vila, who at this point could be considered backup to Antonini and therefore ok, but is also essentially frozen out of the side. After that, our GK and defender numbers are fine.

Our midfield is too packed for essentially 3 spots, as we'll have 13 when De Jong joins. Boateng and Urby will essentially be a part of the attack it seems, so the problems lie with who we get rid of. I personally don't see why we kept Flamini in addition to getting Constant and why we brought in Traore, although if Strasser's not going to be used, then one of these guys is ok.

As for forwards, Niang isn't going to get much space, but we have fair numbers especially if we intend to go towards 4-3-3, which seems quite likely.

Currently I count 32 players if we keep what we have and get De Jong. Get rid of Mesbah, Flamini/Constant and Traore and that leaves 29 (28 if you consider the Muntari situation), which is about right, when you consider Carmona, Niang and Valoti are youngsters who are looking to get first team squad experience. Problem is we've made moves which were unnecessary and has left us with dead weight in the squad.

dont forget didac vila,muntari are both injured
"AC Milan announces that it has acquired outright Johad Ferretti and simultaneously having sold outright Antonio Donnarumma to Genoa CFC (acmilan.com)"

Never heard about him but he's an 18 year old who plays as a defender, one for the future I guess and he'll play in the Primavera.
our openets in champions league Malaga just sing the two clinical strikers saviola from benfica and Santa Cruz from Shety. so thay will have what to say in this grup
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
not a bad signing from malaga
Jive getting betnder. He better not end up scoring 20+
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=89839

mesbah doesnt get the picture, we've missed out on another defender its says sinistra which is right or left a winger basically defending
(08-31-2012, 07:14 AM)sylrus Wrote: so last day of transfer
i wonder what could happen
may be mexes to arsenal
mbiwa to milan
pato exchange with hernanes
and pep for ambro Sagrin

all good plans. the last one is very confusing though. :d
aka xudong