Summer mercato 2012
(07-02-2012, 03:15 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: An investment in the youth will always be appreciated by me. But yeah this doesn't really constitute a successful mercato.

I never heard of this guy but did I quick search and he is a trequartista. Unfortunately he roots for Real Madrid, so if he does become something big... well, go figure.

An interview with him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRi_FSV5K0
Valencia are apparently interested in Didac Vila to replace Jordi Alba.

Never know, we could have another Maldini situation, as he supported Juve as a child.

(07-02-2012, 05:52 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Juventus are going to pay about 36 million euros for Isla and Asamoah. http://www.calciomercato.com/mercato/uff...uve-756503

Seems pretty excessive to me if I'm honest. I'm aware both are extremely talented with massive potential, but to pay 18m for players who are yet to prove themselves at the highest level seems high. I will say they make the Juve midfield fearsome though.

(07-02-2012, 06:46 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Agreed Gio. Can't see Alonso happening.

Galliani: Ibra remains at Milan 100%. There is no interest for Silvestre.

So we kept Ibra and T. Silva--huge for us.

Acerbi and Montolivo are great signings.

If we sell Robinho and get a solid midfielder and a great lb I will be content. As long as we stay injury free we can compete for Scudetto and aim for semis of CL.

I am reasonably optimistic!

I also think Xabi Alonso seems unlikely. Another alternative mentioned is Cigarini. Not keen on him in front of defence or even as a starter, but I wouldn't mind him in the squad. He'd be a good alternative to Montolivo and offers similar qualities imo.

I agree with you about selling a forward, one of Cassano or Robinho seems best to me. If we can get Destro it would be great, as I see him as someone who could develop at the club, but also with his workrate and ability to sacrifice for the side, he could work well with Ibra or Pato.

The new Midfielder in front of defence is obviously the key though, although it's hard to see any real options right now. Strootman still seems our best bet if I'm honest. For LB I hope we keep Didac Vila. The kid's impressed enough to earn a proper chance in Milan.

(07-02-2012, 10:16 PM)GeoTav Wrote: About Montolivo, I think the first idea was to use him as our regista, but after this Euro, they have some doubts about where to use him ... But I wouldn't worry too much, Montolivo has a sure starting spot, no matter where he will be used. He always was a player I liked, but in this Euro, he totally convinced me and I think, like many Italian players, he will reach his maximum potential with us, just some years later than what was expected ...

About Traore, that's a bit more worrying !! Because between saying "we don't know where we will use that player" and "we don't know what kind of player he is", there is a huge difference !! The first sentence is about tactics and efficiency, the second sentence is about who can be this player ...

I'm not sure we were ever certain of using Montolivo at CDM if I'm honest. It's an idea, but I think that's the way it's always remained. Personally, I think he'd be great on either RCM or LCM, with the ability to rotate/change roles with whoever is in front in AM.

I agree that he seems a sure starter and really exciting after these euros, as he totally convinced me too after years of doubts about his mental strength.

About Traore, I think something's lost in translation and that Tassotti probably didn't mean to sound like the club just bought him without knowing anything about him. Interestingly though, I read the player for now has decided to stay in a hotel during the first 6 months of his stay, as he wants to see how things go before committing to buying a house. The whole transfer is a little worrying, but we'll just have to wait and see.
Here are some rumors:
- Pier Silvio Berlusconi (his son) said he'd like to see Carroll in Milan.
- Galliani says no to Silvestre
- Torino are interested in Mesbah
- Milan have been in contact with Genoa for Veloso
- Mastour was paid € 0.5 mln (!)

To chime into the discussion going on, I don't think anybody here really thinks Mexes is crap. He's shown quality together with T.Silva (but who doesn't, the guy's godlike) but not able to keep it up with Nesta since both are slow. He is however tied third as the most paid player at the club with € 4 mln, which seems very excessive. Unfortunately there is no way to get rid of him without selling him, but I don't think anybody would be willing to match his pay here. And that paints a pretty accurate picture of the situation.

In general though, since we are nonetheless stuck paying for Mexes, are there any defenders out there who are MUCH better than him? Oh and they have to be realistically within our reach so max € 10-15 mln.

As for our financial situation, I think Berlusconi having to pay close to € 70 mln out of his own pockets to make ends meet says it all.

i think acerbi or astori is not that different to mexes in terms of abilty
and i do think mexes is crap
If the other CB is Silva, I think there are plenty of players who cost less than 10mil that could provide the same quality as Mexes with cheaper wages. Acerbi seems like one, Agger, Alex, Lucio, Astori, P. Cannavaro, and Dede.
I don't think Amexes is crap but his wages does not justify his skill. Another words he is way overpaid, as he is just slightly better than Bonera.
(07-03-2012, 02:13 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: If the other CB is Silva, I think there are plenty of players who cost less than 10mil that could provide the same quality as Mexes with cheaper wages. Acerbi seems like one, Agger, Alex, Lucio, Astori, P. Cannavaro, and Dede.
I don't think Amexes is crap but his wages does not justify his skill. Another words he is way overpaid, as he is just slightly better than Bonera.

While your opinion may or may not be true, the fact is Mexes was a free player. Free players have MANY teams after them and are willing to spend a little more to get the signature. Mexes at Roma was making 4.5 mil annually until his last year in which he was making 5.0 mil. 4 mil was the lowest he was going to make from any club in the world and that was what was required to get the signature.

Lets not forget he was coming off major knee surgery. Have you ever had knee surgery? I've had 3, I'll tell you it's not easy coming back from the injury and it takes time to find your rhythm again. Give the man a chance to earn his contract, it's year 2 of his contract. This isn't fantasy football where you can drop players easy.

Parma make official the signing of Greek international Sotiris Ninis on a free transfer. Contract was deposited March 22nd though.

^^ Taken from Twitter

If so, wow good grab for Parma. I thought this kid was supposed to be a Greek future star?
(07-03-2012, 03:11 PM)xvr11 Wrote: This isn't fantasy football where you can drop players easy.

Hahaha, this is something that most of us easily forget at times.
(07-03-2012, 10:39 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Official : Muntari will be a Milan player until June 2014 ...
Lloris is on the market ...
Arsenal should get him, but like we have always been interested by the player, we could try to join the race to sign him.

But that goes against our policy : paying huge money for a GK when we already have 3 GK in the roster ?!

Why he is on the market?

Did he rejected us to go to Lyon several seasons ago?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
The funniest thing for me is how it's universally accepted on the forum that Bonera is the benchmark of crappy defending. I wonder who own those roles for the midfield and striker positions. Probably Seedorf (recent years of course)..and I'm at a loss for the striker. Maybe Oliveira? Where is that guy now anyway?
Siamo a posto cosi.
(07-03-2012, 03:11 PM)xvr11 Wrote: Parma make official the signing of Greek international Sotiris Ninis on a free transfer. Contract was deposited March 22nd though.

^^ Taken from Twitter

If so, wow good grab for Parma. I thought this kid was supposed to be a Greek future star?

They replace Giovinco ...
Ninis a is a very good young player, if that kind of players comes in Serie A in small clubs, that could be something very good for the future of the championship ...
(07-03-2012, 03:30 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Why he is on the market?

Did he rejected us to go to Lyon several seasons ago?

Lyon wants and needs money, they are planning to build a new stadium (don't know what is the current situation) ...
Lloris is their main player with Lisandro Lopez, so they're the only two players Aulas can get some money from ... Lloris shouldn't leave Lyon if the offer is under 15M !! Aulas, their president, said Lloris could leave if the club receives an interesting bid and if the club making the bid interests Lloris.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-03-2012, 03:50 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(07-03-2012, 03:11 PM)xvr11 Wrote: Parma make official the signing of Greek international Sotiris Ninis on a free transfer. Contract was deposited March 22nd though.

^^ Taken from Twitter

They replace Giovinco ...
Ninis a is a very good young player, if that kind of players comes in Serie A in small clubs, that could be something very good for the future of the championship ...

We even have a thread for Ninis.
http://milanmania.com/forum/showthread.p...ight=Ninis

Icon_lol2
aka xudong
(07-03-2012, 03:11 PM)xvr11 Wrote:
(07-03-2012, 02:13 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: If the other CB is Silva, I think there are plenty of players who cost less than 10mil that could provide the same quality as Mexes with cheaper wages. Acerbi seems like one, Agger, Alex, Lucio, Astori, P. Cannavaro, and Dede.

While your opinion may or may not be true, the fact is Mexes was a free player. Free players have MANY teams after them and are willing to spend a little more to get the signature. Mexes at Roma was making 4.5 mil annually until his last year in which he was making 5.0 mil. 4 mil was the lowest he was going to make from any club in the world and that was what was required to get the signature.

Lets not forget he was coming off major knee surgery. Have you ever had knee surgery? I've had 3, I'll tell you it's not easy coming back from the injury and it takes time to find your rhythm again. Give the man a chance to earn his contract, it's year 2 of his contract. This isn't fantasy football where you can drop players easy.

Parma make official the signing of Greek international Sotiris Ninis on a free transfer. Contract was deposited March 22nd though.

^^ Taken from Twitter

Respect your opinion, but you got to get a couple of facts straight. Mexes was making 5 mil before tax/2.5mil after tax at Roma while he is making 8 mil before tax/4mil after tax in Milan.
Although I understand that Free Player tends to get a higher contract due to being free....but that's still does not make it right for Mexes to have higher wages than Nesta and Silva, both at 7mil after/3.5mil before tax.
Lastly, it is funny you brought up knee injuries, as thats just show how stupid GAlli was to sign someone who suffered a major injuries where it would probably take him a year or two to gain back his form. In short paying top dollars for a damaged good.
True that, you really cant blame Mexes for this contract as GAlli is stupid enough to hand it out.