Summer mercato 2012
(06-15-2012, 01:26 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I think Acerbi is good, well at last better than Bonera and to me he is better than Mexes too. I think it will be smart to sell Mexes due to after Euro and the fact that his contrac is 8mil a year. Then use that money to get Dede. Thus the CBs will be Silva, Dede, Acerbi, Bonera and Yepes.

Dev, I think Didac will be back as he is a better LB than anyone at Milan. Mesbah and Taiwo will leave, hopefully owe two can generate 10mil.

Also, if Gabriel is any good, Milan should sell Amelia for some quick cash.

As for midfield, having Ambro, Nocerino, Muntari, Monty, Traore, Boateng and Urby, save to say another mid will come, hopefully Strootman. If that's the case, as long as these Mids stay relatively healthy, that's good enough for Serie A.

Same goes for the strikers, even if Milan don't replace Robinho when he is sold, a striker force with Ibra, Cassano, Pato and SES are pretty solid.

10 million for Mesbah and Taiwo??? I hope you were not trying to be funny. Now which team would want almighty Mesbah even if they get him for free??? Only Taiwo could probably generate some money but i doubt it will be anywhere more
than 4-5 million.

I agree with the selling of Mexes not coz he did not do well with us last season but he s got too expensive a contract and i can fully understand why TS would be pissed. Plus he is very injury prone and have that slot replaced by another decent player who is much younger and cheaper.

The main reason why do not have money for our mercato is the all expensive wage bill. Get cheaper younger players and integrate them into the first team gradually so that they would be guaranteed starters for the future and set the trend rolling instead of getting all these very expensive players and giving them an even more expensive contract leading to all these debts and no money for proper investment.
Hopefully, those to can generate 10mil. Then again, since Milan does not need replacement for them, as long as Milan can sell both of them for more than 4 mil, Milan will save 10mil since their wages are at 3mil each.
Did Mexes gained weight?
Mexes is paid 4mln...why is that too much?
Why do many people keep forgetting that Mexes (and Flamini for that matter) came FREE. That is the reason why this kind of player usually earn a relatively higher than average salary
per l'amaro e il dolce
(06-15-2012, 05:58 PM)Nalx Wrote: Why do many people keep forgetting that Mexes (and Flamini for that matter) came FREE. That is the reason why this kind of player usually earn a relatively higher than average salary

But why? what about lower or no transfer means more salary?
(06-15-2012, 06:39 PM)reza Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 05:58 PM)Nalx Wrote: Why do many people keep forgetting that Mexes (and Flamini for that matter) came FREE. That is the reason why this kind of player usually earn a relatively higher than average salary

But why? what about lower or no transfer means more salary?

Because their agents know that by bringing their players for free, the buying clubs have extra money to spend?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Btw Mexes is having a great game.
Menez scored. He could have been sent off for a second bookable foul right before the first half ends.
aka xudong
I don't think Mexes is having a particularly special game. He's ok, but the game in general hasn't been particularly brilliant.

As to why Mexes isn't particularly popular amongst fans, it makes a lot of sense actually. Firstly, he's not starter material for CB, he has a strong personality but is actually technically quite weak. His positioning is also quite weak, as he pushes too high and struggles to recover, or he simply goes missing altogether as he did vs Fiorentina this year. This often also means that when faced against pace, he can often struggle as he doesn't have the pace nor agility to recover. His anticipation of the ball can be weak, evident on the fact that on a number of occasions this season he missed headers by misjudging the flight of the ball. His temperament is a problem and always has been, as he can be card prone or do stupid things like punching Borriello. My points are generally backed by statistics, as statistically he's pretty much on par or just been a little better than Bonera this past year.

That means he's a bench player. He might have come for free, but still earns 4m per year, which to put into perspective is currently on par with guys like Thiago Silva. This over the period of his contract costs us quite a bit.
wow. 2-0 already. Two quick goals for France. Can Ukraine react well?
aka xudong