Summer mercato 2012
(06-12-2012, 09:26 PM)devoted_dm Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 09:21 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Selling Thiago isn't likely to help our long term finances, just as selling Kaka in the past wasn't. The club has mismanaged it's finances for years and now the plan is to try and sell our stars for as much as possible? Unlike clubs like Udinese who have an impressive scouting system in place to do this frequently, as well as accepting their position as a mid-tier side that's attempting to grow with a strict financial structure in place, we're a club that's for years been overspending and doesn't have the youth, scouting or financial structure in place to have a self-sustainable model in place.

You're absolutely right. Selling Thiago Silva is just a short term solution to a much bigger problem. But our problems will only grow bigger if we're excluded from the CL, which is what will happen if we don't sell star players every now and then. If we miss out on that revenue, then we're probably going to be an upper mid-table side for years. Because that's all that we'll be able to afford.

(06-12-2012, 09:26 PM)reza Wrote: Like Dev says, there is no evidence that these kind of moves will be beneficial. It's great to be optimistic and think this is good for the long term but I don't see it.

FFP should be affecting dozens of teams more than Milan, I am still as convinced of this after reading that swissramble article than I was before reading it.

Yeah that's the part I can't figure out either. How the hell can PSG afford to pay so much for players when it means that they'll have no chance of breaking even in the next two years? They're not even in the European top 10 as far as income is concerned.

Guys, you forget that what a owner will give to the club is a part of the "income" ... So if PSG has a 10M debt at the end of the season (in France, it's not allowed, you have to be 0 or positive or the club goes in Ligue 2 or worse), and if their owner gives the club 150M, the club can spend 140M.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I think what we're seeing is clubs flouting the laws to show their might. I honestly don't know Platini's intentions...how strict is he going to be etc.

FFP has become a great excuse for Milan not to spend. As for the rest, there are murmurs we may do something about the stadium issue but it looks difficult without legge crimi being passed (i have written about this extensively as you all know). Or we may cough up money to buy San Siro, especially if Inter moves out (which is supposedly on the horizon).

I said casually last year to a friend that Italian football has no future. I was wrong. Clubs like Roma, Juve, and Inter certainly do. We're a casualty of chronic mismanagement, barefaced lying (the kind that would make Tariq Aziz jealous), a crook of a president etc. I know I keep saying this about Berlusconi but owning a good chunk of media, and being so high-profile in politics comes with a cost, and we're experiencing the downside of that right now. Remember Finnivest was hit with a fine because of their shady modus operandi. How much contempt and ridicule will be heaped upon this man before he leaves this world? He has no shame. None. Grotesque.

Moratti may be an annoying fool, but he is much cleaner than Berlusconi. He does what he says he will do most of the time. What I don't like is how we have been taken for a ride. Why do we have to suffer liars and hoodlums?

Unless Milan get their own stadium within the next five years, our club will enter a
serious decline. We are currently so high up in the revenue charts due to our unusually
high commercial deals. As a brand, we are losing our luster. We are also setting a very bad precedent. In effect, what we're saying is that WE ARE not a big club anymore. This has severe repercussions at every level, repercussions that I don't need to discuss here as you already know what they are.

BUT please note one thing...quite apart from Milan's financial crisis, only two clubs are spending what they want. Football is indeed in crisis. Barcelona didn't have the money to cough up for T. Silva. With the recent bank implosion, I would be curious to see how the Spanish duopoly fares.

(06-12-2012, 09:44 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Guys, you forget that what a owner will give to the club is a part of the "income" ... So if PSG has a 10M debt at the end of the season (in France, it's not allowed, you have to be 0 or positive or the club goes in Ligue 2 or worse), and if their owner gives the club 150M, the club can spend 140M.

Actually I don;t think that's true. FFP stipulates quite clearly that owners can only cover losses for the first two years. After that a club has to be self-sufficient. So a club can't count sugardaddy money as income. Of course there are ways around it. Like Etihad Stadium's ridiculous naming rights thing. Pathetic. But commercial deals have to be struck at market value. Again it all depends on UEFA's strictness in implementation.
Latest:
Thiago 47mil, Ibra 30. Both to PSG.
“Laws too gentle are seldom obeyed; too severe, seldom executed.” - Benjamin Franklin

It is a game between the big clubs and Platini. The way I see it, Platini will concede in the end.
aka xudong
At this point, i want to thank T.S for accepting to play for the biggest bidder, when clearly he could have pushed for Barcelona switch.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(06-12-2012, 09:53 PM)reza Wrote: Latest:
Thiago 47mil, Ibra 30. Both to PSG.

I read that too. Would be interesting. When was the last time one team sold their only two superstars to another team? Head on wall

(06-12-2012, 09:59 PM)Kastriot Wrote: At this point, i want to thank T.S for accepting to play for the biggest bidder, when clearly he could have pushed for Barcelona switch.

Will you promise not to take it back when PSG soon becomes the next Barcelona? Icon_lol2 Grinundwech
aka xudong
FFS has not become an excuce not to spend, it is rather ano excuce to sell.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Ever since Kaka, the best players leave A.C. Milan. It’s a very clear message, unfortunately: the club hasn’t got ambitions anymore. I think that the President should be reminded of who he once was and what A.C. Milan once was. Thiago Silva is a phenomenon and an absolute champion, three spans above any other defender. It’s not okay letting him go.” - Zvone Boban Rossonero

credit: Jasper on R&B
aka xudong
Facepalm

[Image: 429810_Paris_Saint-Germain.jpg]
(06-12-2012, 07:10 PM)sylrus Wrote: Clarence Seedorf
‎"Sono un vero tifoso rossonero e solo i tifosi milanisti possono capire come mi sento adesso,ma sono anche una persona educata e quindi cercherò di non esagerare. La società ha illuso noi tifosi,raccontando di Thiago incedibile, dovevano dirci cosa sarebbe successo, perchè senza noi tifosi il calcio non esisterebbe. Comunque sempre FORZA MILAN,perchè anche in serie D io tiferò Milan"

from the facebook of slowdorf
dunno what it means

Crudeli said that, not Seedorf.