Summer mercato 2012
French newspapers are rife with speculation that deal could be reached for T. Silva by Wednesday. Actually, I didn't use speculation advisedly: they seem "sicuro." T. Silva could be a PSG player. As upset as I am, I am happy that he may actually not go to Barcelona.

It seems that T. Silva may be leaving. Galliani reportedly was quiet about the whole thing when confronted (take that for what you will).

If we get straight cash for T. Silva, we will probably just buy Acerbi and use the rest to service our colossal losses--this is me talking.

Hopefully, we go for Ogbonna, but I doubt it.

If T. Silva leaves, then consider Ibra and Boateng fair game as well.

I think everyone knows how much I despise Berlusconi, but it is what it is. After all, it's his money.

As for Arab investment, it seems difficult. We have a deal to stay at the San Siro until 2016, and we don't seem interested in buying the stadium from the council because it is "too much money." Berlusconi does not care about the future of the club the same way Moratti and the Agnellis do. They are the families who want to see their club at the top. Our gangster of a president does not. Don't expect his vastly overrated daughter to do much either. Her love affair cost us some straight cash in January.

Of course, this is how it seems now. It could all change tomorrow. Smile But prepare for the worst. It seems Italy and Spain are running out of money, and foreign investors are capitalizing on fiscal misery in these countries. I would be interested to see how much Barca and Real actually spend, given the bank crisis.

Leonardo: We are negotiating with Milan.
I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors were true. After all, we have been a selling club since 2006, and a cheap one too the last few years.
per l'amaro e il dolce
This summer can be seriously disturbing. So i`m cooling off on this rumors and stuff. i seriously hope that we will not sell T.Silva, that will only show the real level of this club. Its not like we have been great lately either, but we managed to make a decent competitive team with Thiago, Ibra, Robinho,Boateng,Cassano and Pato. It will all go down the drain. And this is my objective side talking.

My subjective side will be devastated if we lose Thiago. Thiago by all means was a replacement for Paolo. After Paolo (the reason why I love Milan) Thiago is my second favorite ever.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
The latest is that Milan knew that Barcelona will not go beyond 30 million euros, so they used the media to push the price up for T. Silva.

T. Silva's agent: For now he is a Milan player.

Also, at this stage: whenever a Brazilian says "I want to be captain" be afraid. T. Silva was covering his butt because he knew he would be sold. He did the right thing.
This is very disturbing news. Thiago Silva is our best player and not overpaid. He has not played long years for us, and if he is sold, Milan is going to lose a lot of fans. I personally would not leave (I have been in for too long to go back now), but would not blame anyone for doing that out of frustration.
(06-11-2012, 02:24 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: The latest is that Milan knew that Barcelona will not go beyond 30 million euros, so they used the media to push the price up for T. Silva.

T. Silva's agent: For now he is a Milan player.

Also, at this stage: whenever a Brazilian says "I want to be captain" be afraid. T. Silva was covering his butt because he knew he would be sold. He did the right thing.

So, the goal is to sell him to Barca for a higher price while PSG could so? What is wrong with B and G? Are they closet Barca fans? Angry
aka xudong
(06-11-2012, 02:21 PM)Kastriot Wrote: This summer can be seriously disturbing. So i`m cooling off on this rumors and stuff. i seriously hope that we will not sell T.Silva, that will only show the real level of this club. Its not like we have been great lately either, but we managed to make a decent competitive team with Thiago, Ibra, Robinho,Boateng,Cassano and Pato. It will all go down the drain. And this is my objective side talking.

My subjective side will be devastated if we lose Thiago. Thiago by all means was a replacement for Paolo. After Paolo (the reason why I love Milan) Thiago is my second favorite ever.

Me too. The only time the rumors here drew my attention, apart from the Zhang Zi Yi rumors, was when somebody said that we always have at least one great CB in our squad: Baresi, Costacurta, Paolo, Nesta, and Silva. And I think selling the latter will be like pissing on our own tradition/history.
per l'amaro e il dolce
I swear I don't see why Thiago would leave Milan to go to PSG. As far as I can see, that's a step down and he's reducing his chances of winning a CL. I don't think he would be doing himself any favours to go there. If he were to leave to Barcelona then that would make more sense as far as he was concerned. I wouldn't like it though..as we would be giving them exactly what they were missing.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Can u blame Silva? I can't bc the club despite cutting their wages by Pippo 1.5, MVB 7, Gattuso 8, Slowdorf 8, Zambro 7, Taiwo 4, Nesta 7, Ambro 6, Aqua 4, Yespes 2, Roma 2, and Flamini 9. Thats a total of 65.5 mil with the new contracts of Gabriel and Yepes be 1 mil each, while Monty and Taoare should be 8mil total, thus Milan saves 55.5mil next year. If they need to sell someone, sell Mexes and Robinho, I am sure their current market value is about 30mil and also save another 16mil in wages. There is also the local Milanlab resident, aka Pato who could be sold at 25 mil and another 8mil wages save. Turn those 55mil into Dede, Acerbi, Merkel and Honda. While their wages, if done properly can be around 24mil total. Dede at 5mil, Acerbi and Merkel at 4 mil each and Honda at 7 mil, actually that's 20mil, even less than Mexes, Robinho and Pato combined.
(06-11-2012, 02:44 PM)Mystik Wrote: I swear I don't see why Thiago would leave Milan to go to PSG. As far as I can see, that's a step down and he's reducing his chances of winning a CL. I don't think he would be doing himself any favours to go there. If he were to leave to Barcelona then that would make more sense as far as he was concerned. I wouldn't like it though..as we would be giving them exactly what they were missing.

I must disagree on this one. They bought Lavezzi, if they buy Thiago and few great players I can't see how that would be a step down for him. Eventually, they will be better than Milan because of their spending power, just like Manchester City. They have the luxury to buy players who might fail, so I believe they will eventually grow and be one of the top sides in Europe.

Take City for example, do you really think we would beat them if we face them in CL? As much as I love Milan, City and PSG type of clubs have financial power to bring players, while Milan's only advantage is tradition and name.

Galliani has refused to comment on the rumors. This is not looking good. What a fucking liar he is. So we lose both Nesta and Silva in one summer. Good job, Berlu and Fester...! Thanks for fucking decimating the team.
I'm sorry. I don't want to come off as a glory hunter, because I have supported Milan through some really bad periods. But this... This is actually too much. It's humiliating as fuck that every two years we have to sell our best player to finance the club, and I'm seriously not sure if I can deal with it anymore. I'm becoming embarrassed to be a Milan fan.

Selling Thiago Silva is going to come back and bite us in the ass next season, mark my words. It wasn't until his injury that the team collapsed this season.

And fuck you Galliani for waiting until Euro 2012 to strike a deal with PSG. What a fucking cowardly strategy that is, hoping that the fans will be distracted by the tournament.