Summer mercato 2012
Well Sky said it should be a done deal soon - but you never know they are a more reliable source as a pose to goal.com etc, but at the same time no source is really reliable, if those rumours have any truth behind them ill be not annoyed but mad, mad at the fact that we didn't take advantage of such a deal..

If were in such a bad economical crisis that we can't even spend 15million SOMEHOW, even through just wages being offloaded from all our senatori leaving this year then thats just sad.

15mln for 50% of both asamoah and isla is a bargain imo, it does value them at 15 million each if you do the math, as if you wanted the other 50% it would be another 15mln meaning 30mln to completely own both players, which i still think is reasonable for the fact that if we cant spend 30mln in one mercato 30mln over two mercatos is really a joke if it couldnt be done. + if we had both players playing for us next season (not sure how that 50% stuff works, i mean like where the players end up playing because its even shares so both clubs have equal authority) either way thats a good deal. paying 30mln in one mercato for both of them though would have to be though twice over but they are both great players i like asamoah alot and isla as well

I think signing dede should be a priority, with nesta gone, and silvas possible departure in the future( id ont think he'll leave in this mercato) he'd be the only likewise replacement if you consider our funds/potential of dede himself he has a lot.

I wish for dede,strootman and neymar what a mercato that would be.
The thing that annoys me is the fact that instead of building a better team to compete in CL, Udinese would rather sell their stars now and cash in.
Maybe Udinese should sell their CL spot too.
Another good point Gabriel, that leads me closer to believing these reports of asamoah/isla to juve maybe bs after all, hoping.

btw, i would be praying for Sheikh Al-Maktoun to get involved with our team.

The guy has a net worth of about 18billion and increasing by close to 500mln/annum.. 100mln of that a year just on transfers would be peanuts for him

hes the ruler of dubai apparently it's official that he's made a bid to own 35% of milan and plans to share the cost with berlusconi for building a stadium.

ALSO, he has a passion for soccer
(06-07-2012, 05:03 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: The thing that annoys me is the fact that instead of building a better team to compete in CL, Udinese would rather sell their stars now and cash in.
Maybe Udinese should sell their CL spot too.

and they somehow always managed to get that CL spot (for two years in a row now), isn't that amazing? too bad they would just squander it before the group stage even starts.
aka xudong
Thats just show the low standard of Serie A. You see when Spurs made the CL like two yrs ago, they actually did went out and strengthen their squad. Thats what teams do when they want to have success in Europe not sell their best players once they got into the highest competitions.
Three yrs ago, when Samp made it, they pretty much dissemble their whole team right away and not Udin is planning to do it two yrs in a row.
(06-07-2012, 08:19 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Thats just show the low standard of Serie A.

Yes, such low is the standard that I don't feel that winning Serie A is of that much achievement anymore... so sad.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-07-2012, 08:19 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Thats just show the low standard of Serie A. You see when Spurs made the CL like two yrs ago, they actually did went out and strengthen their squad. Thats what teams do when they want to have success in Europe not sell their best players once they got into the highest competitions.
Three yrs ago, when Samp made it, they pretty much dissemble their whole team right away and not Udin is planning to do it two yrs in a row.

You all forget that Udinese just does what the Portuguese clubs do ...

They have amazing scouts, they buy, each season, almost for nothing, some new players who replace the "stars" that the club sells at a high price. These new players are generally some unknown prospects and become starters in Udinese. Then, you almost forget who played in the team the year before.

As simple as that ... They make money (I'm quite sure their plan is to do such a thing for some years and to develop themselves very slowly, which I think they are right to do, there are so many examples of clubs qualifying for CL and then having their worst season ever : Sampdoria in Italy, Auxerre in France, ...), they keep playing well, and if they manage to qualify each season for the preliminary round, they will, someday (it can be this Summer, it all depends on which team they will face), qualify for the "real" CL.

You can't reinforce your team just for the preliminary round, because if you don't qualify, that kills your season, your investments are useless and you lose money. I'm quite sure if they qualify for CL, they will buy one or two players, but not stars, Udinese will never have star players (except the ones they create), to then strenghten their squad.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Sampdoria fired their coach and send their 1st choice GK packing the moment they finished 4th in that season.

Back to Udin. Well, even if they don't qualify for the real CL this year, reinforcing your squad is a must to move forward. Say instead of selling, Udin actually got 2 good players to strengthen their squad for CL and Serie A. But then they get knocked out in the prelim, how can that kills their season? And how are their investments with those 2 good players be useless and lose money? They will only lose money if those 2 players are over-rated and does not fit into their system, but that can happen even if they make it to CL. Beside, by strengthening their squad, they will have a better chance to get into CL directly, ie finishing in the top 2 spots in Serie A.
Udinese get a lot of criticism (not just on these boards) about selling players when qualifying for the CL, but I think as a business model they're probably the best run club in Italy. This is evident that in the past 20 years they went from relegation battlers and Serie B regulars to becoming a stable Serie A side. They then had an initial bloom under Zaccheroni with guys like Helveg and Bierhoff, but as soon as that ended they maintained their Serie A status. They've built themselves since then to now, where they are regular CL spot challengers and slowly but surely they have had sustained growth. Making the leap from CL spot contenders to a top 3 team is difficult and I'm sure they recognise this. I think the reason they are prepared to sell when good offers come in is because it maintains the growth they've had as a club over the years. For the moment, the result is they fail to leave any mark in the CL, but in the long term if they can sustain this growth for a while yet then not only will they maintain a position as a top Italian team, they will have the economic stability which every club would envy.

(06-06-2012, 11:28 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: A great article from swissramble about our finances:

http://swissramble.blogspot.ca/2012/05/m...signs.html

What a brilliant article! It covers so much information in detail and the writer made it all so clear. It also isn't all doom and gloom, though not falsely positive either. Basically, potentially we're the team that can have the highest revenue in Italy by far, but the stadium issue more than anything is really holding us back.

What interested me was related to comments I made yesterday afternoon, about how if Inter intend to build their own stadium it might make our situation with the San Siro more positive. In the article, it says Galliani pointed out 2 problems with us buying the San Siro from the Council. First, the price they quote is too high and secondly, sharing a stadium has its own complications. Were Inter to move out (I think they're under lease for at least the next 3-4 years), then the second problem is no longer an issue. Regarding the price from the council, well if Inter move out the only tennants of the San Siro are us. This in theory should strengthen our position to buy out the stadium.
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/g...an-3224001

Internal battle inside AC Milan