Summer mercato 2012
(06-04-2012, 02:19 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 01:05 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Just sell the club to someone who is willing to spend instead of rotting and screwing with Milan.
If the rumor is true about Dede is at 8mil or so, how can Milan not get him. Sell Mexes to Spurs for 12 mil, then Milan will make a profit of 4 mil while also saving at least 4 mil a season in wages.

Again, you underprice some targets while overpricing our own players Devilcool

Just going by the rumors, as a rumor stated Dede is about 8mil while a few weeks ago, there is a rumor at Spurs want Mexes for 12 mil.
Here is my take, I think Silva will stay and Milan will not sell Silva if Milan does well next season, like making it at least to the semis of CL or winning the League. Serioulsy, I think there were only two teams that could trouble Milan in the quarters and they were Barca and Real, if Milan faced the other 5 teams, they would have advanced to the semis. Then they probably would not lose those 4 pts within 2 weeks and thus remain League champion.
If Milan fails to win anything and get crashed out of CL, then nobody will be save in Milan.
That's my take on it, as I really don't see Berlu and Galli will even attempt to Silva if Milan win the League or within a step to CL finals.

Back to rumors. All these Dede rumors started when Serginho said Dede is someone Milan should look at.....I am glad Milan is looking at him, as he is much better than any CB in Milan except for Silva and better than any CB Milan acquired, looked or linked since Silva. I have a feeling Milan will end up getting two of Dede, Acerbi and Ogbonna, while one of Mexes and Bonera will be gone, probably Mexes as he actually has market values.
It is no surprise that Flamini won't be returning, as I don't think Milan needs him as they already have Nocerino, Muntari and Taoare who play like him. Strootman's deal seems done, just PSV wants to get a better deal due to Euros. It will be funny if the Dutch crashes out and Strootman did not even play a minute, then Galli will offer his favor deal of loan and buy.....and Strootman ends up at Inter or worse
Juve.
Robinho's font seems quiet, which probably means something is going on as he is surplus for Milan.
While Pato is making noises every where, personally, I wish Mian could sell him and use that money for another striker but given his forms and health, he will probably stay and gets injured again. It would be a great unreal, if somehow Galli can turn Pato to Sao Paolo for Lucas.
More consistent links with Ibra leaving this summer as of recent, big one today reported from Sky that PSG will offer 35 million euros for ibra, along with adding 2 million euros onto his wages / annum .. 2 million more a year for ibra? If this is to believed I think he'll be booking his first class ticket to paris.
(06-04-2012, 11:55 AM)GeoTav Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 08:04 AM)Siregar Wrote: I think, Milan will resist as hard as they can in loosing Thiago Silva. But if the amount offered to Milan is gigantic (over 50 mil euros money not with players, like 70-80 mil euros), I doubt Gallaini co. could reject the offer.

This word ... "resist", that Galliani uses, makes me laugh.

The way it should work is the following :
- if Galliani and Allegri think T. Silva should stay no matter what, there is no need to resist to anything, they just have to refuse the offers
- if Galliani thinks T. Silva has a price, then he should just fix that price and then refuse all offers that are under that price

There is no need to resist, just to plan things ... That sounds so amateurish when Galliani says such a thing. And by saying that, it unfortunately sends a message to the other clubs : "keep sending offers for Thiago Silva, we'll try to resist, and as a direct consequence, we could give up at some price".

So nowadays, I'm not that confident that T. Silva will stay ...

The only positive quote I read is the one of Allegri saying that it would be a huge mistake to sell Thiago Silva because he's our leader and he is the best player, and that it is why he will stay (he also said that a quality midfielder could arrive) ...

But what is the weight of this comment from Allegri against the huge amounts of money Galliani could get by accepting an offer for Thiago Silva ?!

I didn't notice that Galliani used that word 'resist'. I only tried to explain that Galliani will not sell Silva except unrealistic offer comes to him. We are not now the club that capable to reject an offer like 80 mil euros for a defender, right?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(06-05-2012, 12:38 AM)Siregar Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 11:55 AM)GeoTav Wrote: This word ... "resist", that Galliani uses, makes me laugh.

The way it should work is the following :
- if Galliani and Allegri think T. Silva should stay no matter what, there is no need to resist to anything, they just have to refuse the offers
- if Galliani thinks T. Silva has a price, then he should just fix that price and then refuse all offers that are under that price

There is no need to resist, just to plan things ... That sounds so amateurish when Galliani says such a thing. And by saying that, it unfortunately sends a message to the other clubs : "keep sending offers for Thiago Silva, we'll try to resist, and as a direct consequence, we could give up at some price".

So nowadays, I'm not that confident that T. Silva will stay ...

The only positive quote I read is the one of Allegri saying that it would be a huge mistake to sell Thiago Silva because he's our leader and he is the best player, and that it is why he will stay (he also said that a quality midfielder could arrive) ...

But what is the weight of this comment from Allegri against the huge amounts of money Galliani could get by accepting an offer for Thiago Silva ?!

I didn't notice that Galliani used that word 'resist'. I only tried to explain that Galliani will not sell Silva except unrealistic offer comes to him. We are not now the club that capable to reject an offer like 80 mil euros for a defender, right?

I thought you read it and that was why you used that word too ...
It was last week, Galliani said Milan was "attacked" with offers for Thiago Silva and that the club will "try to resist" during the Summer ...

Tassoti said something similar yesterday too.

Not really enthusiastic comments !! Undecided
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I am all for Silva to stay....but if an offer of 50mil or better comes in, it is hard to resist. Since I really don't think any player barring Messi and Ronaldo are worth that price.
(06-05-2012, 06:09 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I am all for Silva to stay....but if an offer of 50mil or better comes in, it is hard to resist. Since I really don't think any player barring Messi and Ronaldo are worth that price.

Isn't the only player who could stop both Messi and Ronaldo on a regular basis worth that price ?

I'm against his sale, I could understand it only at a price around 75-80M (it's crazy amounts of money, and our club unfortunately needs money), but under that price, the negative consequences (we would lose our leader, we would lose our best defender and the best in the world, we would allow Barcelona to erase one of their biggest problems, their defence, ...) are more important than the positive ones (money) ...

It would be a great plus-value, but for the short term future of our team, we would be in trouble as our starting pair of CB then would be Mexes-Bonera or Mexes-Yepes, that's just impossible. Add any name and we won't be as good as nowadays. The real thing to do would be to add a name to make a new pair of CB with Thiago Silva, not without.

PS: With Thiago Silva, Barcelona would get a top defender able to lead their defence, so Pique and Puyol would certainly look world class (especially Pique), and like he is young, they would have a top defence for the next 3-4 years ... Is it what we want ? Allowing an European opponent having the best attack/midfield to have the best defence too ? Suicide ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Don't be silly to think Alcanara alone will make our midfield great.

Midfield of Nocerino, Montolivo and Alcantara would be worst midfield trio since Allegri came, with no real power and no real protection for the defense. Many people are misjudging Nocerino to be new Gattuso, when they're not event close: Gattuso was fantastic defensive midfielder, aggressive, pretty quick, strong, very intelligent, could cover the space of two men... Nocerino is none of that: He can't cover, he's not strong, he's often found missing in defensive actions... Nocerino is good box-to-box midfielder and that's it. Whoever you put on the other side of midfield, you'll need a real defensive midfielder behind the two.
(06-05-2012, 08:57 AM)Revolver Wrote: Don't be silly to think Alcanara alone will make our midfield great.

Midfield of Nocerino, Montolivo and Alcantara would be worst midfield trio since Allegri came, with no real power and no real protection for the defense. Many people are misjudging Nocerino to be new Gattuso, when they're not event close: Gattuso was fantastic defensive midfielder, aggressive, pretty quick, strong, very intelligent, could cover the space of two men... Nocerino is none of that: He can't cover, he's not strong, he's often found missing in defensive actions... Nocerino is good box-to-box midfielder and that's it. Whoever you put on the other side of midfield, you'll need a real defensive midfielder behind the two.

Agreed. And I believe that Alacantra, regardless of how good he may or may not be in the future is just one player in a host of players. Our current midfield is not in a "buy one, fix all" situation. More likely than not, we probably need 3 actual star Midfield signings to remain competitive in CL, the League and anything else we engage in next season.

Plus, selling Thiago Silva for Alacantra may just up our midfield by say 20% output, but it drops our defence by like 75% output. Does that really help our team at all?

We haven't even found a true, long-term replacement for Nesta yet, why sell the long-term solution for Maldini?

In all I'm hoping that we grab Dede and Ogbonna for defence, recall Didac Vila and have him overlap De Sciglio for leftback duties, buy Strootman in Midfield to replace Gattuso, grab one more quality player for our midfield, and up front we can either stay the same, or switch it up depending on who we sell.

Rumours are flying and people are going crazy at the moment, lets see what happens once the market gets under way. Currently anything and everything which is not confirmed by an official source (eg. Hazard to Chelski) is a false rumour until proven true.

Lighten up guys. Maybe we'll find some great young deals in the EUROs. Hardly any of us were rooting for Boateng ($8M?) or Nocerino ($0.5M) when they arrived, why not hope for more of the same? Sagrin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
To be honest, Milan have not beaten Barca over the past two yrs, you really can't say Silva can stop Messi and Ronaldo.

Anyhow, understand about sending Silva to Barca as that does make the enemy stronger....but if Milan uses that Silva's money wisely, such as getting Dede, Ogbonna, and Hernanes, pretty sure 50mil can get those three maybe even Honda too. Milan will be a better team without Silva. As for making Barca stronger, well, even with Silva and the whole team being healthy, I don't think Milan is at Barca's level if all things are equal. Since things never tend to be equal, such as injuries, forms.....who to say Milan can't eliminate Silva's Barcelona. Beside, Barca got eliminated b/c their midfield can't defend and not b/c their CB's pair are crap.

For the record, I would much rather Milan gets Dede, Ogbonna, Acerbi, Honda, Strootman, and Hernanes, sell Bonera, Urby, Mexes, Robinho, even Monty while also keeping Silva in the squad to dominate the football world like Milan should be.
PSG offer 34m for Ibra...........am fainting........and its reported in all newspapers !!!!!