Summer mercato 2012
If Dede arrives I hope it's an addition to Thiago Silva and not his replacement...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/201...ede-report
I don't think it's remotely likely Thiago Silva will be sold this summer. We've lost Nesta already and Thiago is the leader of our defence. Without him, we lose the structure within our defence and we need a suitable replacement (there's no one who can do this, regardless of how much money we get). There's talk of Dede as a replacement, but it makes no sense, the guy is too young and inexperienced (especially in Europe) to take up such a role within a club like Milan.

I actually think the Dede rumours are unrelated. We're currently in a stuck position with Acerbi given Genoa and Chievo can't sort out the co-ownership and we need a replacement for Nesta in the backline. Mexes might have quality but hasn't shown he's more than a squad player and similar comments can be made of Bonera. Yepes is too old and adds little more than experience and we're a little lacking in numbers now too (4 CBs is ok, but a 5th makes more sense given Bonera's also a fullback backup). As far as I know, Acerbi's still looking most likely to join, though I wouldn't complain if we were to sell one of Bonera or Mexes and get Acerbi and one of Ogbonna or Dede to compete for the spot next to Thiago Silva.

Getting back to Silva, I also want to point out Galliani has never said he's prepared to sell him, even if in his Galliani way he's not always clear with his comments. Allegri has said Thiago Silva has been all but guaranteed to stay at Milan by the management. The player himself has said him and Galliani have agreed prior to him leaving with Brazil that he's confirmed to stay and now his agent reacted quite angrily to the rumours of him leaving (mostly related to some comments by Bronzetti), saying as far as he and Thiago Silva are concerned, he isn't interested in leaving Milan.

There seems to be a general feeling amongst Milan fans that we might lose Thiago Silva in the near future. I don't think this is necessarily true though. At Milan he's valued more than he has been ever been in his career. For a player in the peak of his career, who is a leader within the squad and knows he plays for a side that can compete at all levels, it's difficult to just decide to leave. More than this I think Thiago Silva's situation is very different to players in the past.

Sheva left for personal reasons (whether it be money, family or friendship with Abramovich) at a time when Milan's short term future looked extremely risky. Kaka (or his dad or whoever) on the other hand constantly demanded more money from the club during his time, to the point it was actually really irritating. His salary was a massive problem and the constant rumours of Real was really damaging for the club and its image. Eventually, we got an offer which no one in the history of football had before (of course months later it was dwarfed by Ronaldo), and we said yes without hesitating. Quite simply, whether Kaka wanted it or not wasn't so important, as the club wanted it.

In Silva's case, we know we can be generally competitive over the next 3-4 years with this group and he's never made his contract a problem with the club, nor will we ever get an insane offer like we did with Kaka, so the club won't be prepared to lose him like they did with Kaka. I also think on a personal level Thiago's got very different values to the others. He was rejected as a youth by Fluminese and then faced massive problems when he first came to Europe with injuries and form. This almost resulted in him quitting football altogether, but luckily he got another chance at Fluminese and got to where he is today. At Milan he's developed himself into a global star and is settled. I'm sure given his past and knowing how fine a line it is between success and failure, as well as seeing what happened to guys like Kaka when they left, he will think seriously before leaving Milan.

(06-04-2012, 05:08 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I'm happy patos been staying fit, any news on this potential injury to silva? thats terrible news if its to be true..

Runco, Brazil's head doctor says it seems to just be a knock and he should be back for next weekend I think.

(06-04-2012, 12:13 PM)Dha Brain Wrote: I love Thiago Silva but you'll see Alcantara fast young strong and can score , IF we get Alcantara imagine a 3 man midfield of

Nocerino-Montolivo-Alcantara

thats eazy 1 the best midfields in the world yes even at barca's level & madrid we could mention chelsea but it was they're back 4 that was the show , we could include bayern but bundesliga isnt a tough league I dont include man city & man united because I think teams that dont make it out the uefa cl group stage arent worth talking about

I don't think Thiago Alcantara (as talented as he is) will raise the quality of our midfield as you expect to put us on par with Barca and Real. He's young and appears to be struggling at the moment to make the next step to be considered a player who can take on a huge amount of responsibility, though he's more than capable. However, for what we gain in Alcantara, we will lose so much in Thiago Silva.

It's not just Silva's defensive qualities that make him so valuable, but also most of our moves tend to begin with him and his range of passing makes this possible, so much so I remember reading on whoscored.com that he has something like 91% pass completion rate this season and he is only second to Pirlo in successful long passes this season in Serie A. He essentially directs a lot of our play from the back and this is too valuable to just suddenly lose.

Also, regarding other rumours I've read Flamini's rejected our 1.8m proposal and is looking more likely to leave.
Spanish Papers are now using the Law of Attraction to try to make it happen for T. Silva, the Best Defender in the World to go to Barcelona....
[Image: 1338676608969.jpg][Image: 1338763317169.jpg]

Apparently Milan will buy Dede for roughly 10M Euros if Milan decide to sell Thiago Silva.

The links with Sahin, Strootman, Tevez, Balotelli, Kolarov, Criscito, Ogbonna, & Acerbi have all vanished.

Allegri said in 2011 Summer:
"Thiago Silva will remain in Milan 150%"

Today Allegri:
"It's 99.9% that Thiago Silva will remain in Milan"

2010 Summer Galliani:
"It's 99.9% that Ibrahimovic will stay with Barcelona..."

------------------------------------------------

This is amazing. Our Midfield is awful for a Top Club and we're thinking of selling our Best Defender, and our 2nd Best Defender just retired??? This is very, very bad news. I really don't know what else to say. IF we lose T. Silva, I expect a finish of 5-8 next year.
El Mago...stay calm.

Read what Dev and I posted...

Kaka rumours were similar. Actually AS went a step further and fabricated transcripts. Galliani was actually unequivocal about T. Silva: He has no price, and he loves Milan and the president loves him. Btw, this is nothing...Sport and other outlets will take it much further soon. Be prepared.

But I do disagree with dev that T. Silva will stay with us forever. He won't. IMO, we will be senza T. Silva in 2013.

I wrote an article on this: http://www.notevenanoriundo.com/2011/10/...stion.html

it was way back in the fall, but I still stick to it Big Grin. Sorry for those who are disappointed...

(06-04-2012, 04:16 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: IF we lose T. Silva, I expect a finish of 5-8 next year.

Whoa whoa whoa. Every year there are always at least somebody who said it and was it ever happened?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-04-2012, 04:24 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: El Mago...stay calm.

Read what Dev and I posted...

Kaka rumours were similar. Actually AS went a step further and fabricated transcripts. Galliani was actually unequivocal about T. Silva: He has no price, and he loves Milan and the president loves him. Btw, this is nothing...Sport and other outlets will take it much further soon. Be prepared.

But I do disagree with dev that T. Silva will stay with us forever. He won't. IMO, we will be senza T. Silva in 2013.

Read 2 Bold Parts. Stay Clam, but we will be Without TSilva in 2013. Those 2 don't mix, Sagrin

More than our garbage transfer campaign, it's the quotes that bother me. Galliani and Berlusconi act like we have a great squad, and we're powerful. They must be using the ancient Sun Tszu's Art of War...
"Act as you are strong when you are weak, and act weak when you're strong"

They pretend this is a good team. I would be much happier if they said Milan are in a long term rebuilding period, we're broke, and we will hope to make Europa League next year. We need to let go some players and liquidate our debt, and we will try to sign some Bosman Players. Then we will sign younger guys and hope to build for future. Then, I'd be fine. But they cannot say that because Ibra will go nuts and leave, and the whole team could fall apart.

As GeoTav said, the idea we need to "resist" selling our best player like the temptation of cheating on your wife with a gorgeous young girl. It lacks class and makes Milan appear weak. I don't like it one bit.....
Okay, let me rephrase..stay calm this summer

push indignation button next summer Big Grin.

I know what you're saying, my friend. But I stopped expecting things from berlusconi a while back.
Ag.Thiago Silva: "Thiago Silva is a Milan player, there's nothing to say except that remain in rossonero.Vedo, I read, which speaks a certain Ernesto Bronzetti. But he knows nothing of Milan, Thiago Silva, Barcelona, Manchester City and Real Madrid. think of his players, should not interfere in situations that do not belong to it. it has nothing to do with Thiago, I would not like to talk more than lui.Thiago many? I also like Cristiano Ronaldo (smiles, ed.) the interest in Thiago is evident there. But he wants to stay at Milan, is a boy of great value, human and football. and then in Milan's fine, because should go?
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
I wouldn't mind if we sell Ibrahimovic because there's definitely ways we can compensate for his loss. But with a dearth of good central defenders in the world nowadays, it would make absolutely no sense to sell the best CB in the world..especially in the same summer as Nesta retiring. We already need someone to replace Nesta..so i highly doubt we'll sell our best remaining CB.

I can't wait for the euros to start so I can see some of the players that we've been linked to. I have definitely never seen this Strootman guy play..so I hope he can impress.

EDIT: I also doubt we'll sell Pato. We'll proclaim that he's a new signing as he barely featured in the last season. If anything, Robinho may move on to Santos if we have to sell a forward.
Siamo a posto cosi.
is this google translator?