Summer mercato 2012
I agree with Kastriot and I agree with others regarding Ibra. What Ibra said was inexcusable. It's one thing to pressure management to try and get them to reinforce properly, it's another to say what he did publicly. He says we need 5 players and we'll be lucky to get 3, yet it's not up to him to judge who we need or don't need, if anyone makes that decision it's Allegri. He's apparently tried to explain his BS comments, but honestly what he said was beyond stupid.

All that said, he's unfortunately important to us. If we could get Cavani as a replacement, then I wouldn't hesitate for a second to get rid of Ibra. I've already said I think that while he's good for our team, I also think he's a big part of the problem too. Cavani is a player who'd fit well at Milan, but has qualities which I admire and think would really help the team to grow, both tactically and getting the best of those around him (in this regard, I think Ibra causes the opposite effect with his partners).
I think that replacing Ibra is not that easy as many guys here are saying. Not oeven close.

Guys, let's have this straight: Ibra IS Milan!
This may not always been the case for 2010/2011, but for last season it's exactly the case. He's the only player in Milan who can get something out of nothing, the only one who can get something on his own.

I agree Ibra is replaceable, but it's laughable to say that replacing him with Cavani would make us a better team. Perhaps if we replace Ibra with Van Persie would make us a better team, but we would need at least 15M more to give. Is this reasonable considering the fact that in this process of reconstruction we will need a top defender, at least one top midfielder, and most probably a top striker in two years? Not at all imo.

Ibra's words ARE stupid, but believe it or not his attitude is what kept him that great throughout the years. His eagerness to succeed and his eagerness to win prizes personally and collectively.

What's laughable is ignorants saying crap like "Ibra is Milan"
(05-26-2012, 09:45 AM)LebRN Wrote: Maybe not Nocerino, but Robino might have (well maybeConfused)...but scoring is not the only way to measure how players get the best out of each other....general team performances are.

Ok, wanted to check how much Ibra had a hand in Noce's goals and found this vid on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDcYNl_eoZ8

unfortunately it only has 7 goals + some nice chances (if someone can get all his goals would be great)

of the 7 goals, Ibra was involved in 2:
One the opponent's defense failed to clear so also credit to Noce for fighting for it...
the 2nd was initial pass from Ibra to Nesta(?) who headed it to Noce.

So can hardly say that Noce's goal scoring record is due to Ibra

yeah you are right
and from that vid i can take a conclusion that we need a poacher like inzaghi and noce is our secret weapon last season
he appear in front lots of times, finishing some beautiful moves just like a striker should be
if just our striker could also score some goals, we might had won it
(05-26-2012, 12:28 PM)sylrus Wrote:
(05-26-2012, 09:45 AM)LebRN Wrote: Maybe not Nocerino, but Robino might have (well maybeConfused)...but scoring is not the only way to measure how players get the best out of each other....general team performances are.

Ok, wanted to check how much Ibra had a hand in Noce's goals and found this vid on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDcYNl_eoZ8

unfortunately it only has 7 goals + some nice chances (if someone can get all his goals would be great)

of the 7 goals, Ibra was involved in 2:
One the opponent's defense failed to clear so also credit to Noce for fighting for it...
the 2nd was initial pass from Ibra to Nesta(?) who headed it to Noce.

So can hardly say that Noce's goal scoring record is due to Ibra

yeah you are right
and from that vid i can take a conclusion that we need a poacher like inzaghi and noce is our secret weapon last season
he appear in front lots of times, finishing some beautiful moves just like a striker should be
if just our striker could also score some goals, we might had won it

Hence....Cavani Okmilan
cavani is no poacher imo
pazzini or matri is more of a poacher
True they are more poachers because they r one dimensional. Cavani is better because he can play as a pure striker/finisher & can even play on the sides as well as help in defense when required given his work rate.
its ridiculous to think we would be anywhere close to this level if we replaced ibra with cavani. like him or not, that is the truth.

dont let personal dislike clouds your objective view.
(05-26-2012, 11:16 AM)Revolver Wrote: I think that replacing Ibra is not that easy as many guys here are saying. Not oeven close.

Guys, let's have this straight: Ibra IS Milan!
This may not always been the case for 2010/2011, but for last season it's exactly the case. He's the only player in Milan who can get something out of nothing, the only one who can get something on his own.

I agree Ibra is replaceable, but it's laughable to say that replacing him with Cavani would make us a better team. Perhaps if we replace Ibra with Van Persie would make us a better team, but we would need at least 15M more to give. Is this reasonable considering the fact that in this process of reconstruction we will need a top defender, at least one top midfielder, and most probably a top striker in two years? Not at all imo.

Ibra's words ARE stupid, but believe it or not his attitude is what kept him that great throughout the years. His eagerness to succeed and his eagerness to win prizes personally and collectively.

I must although I often agree with you, I totally disagree with this post. Ibra isn't Milan. While we rely heavily on him, it's clear to see that we play for him as much as he gets us wins. When he's on the field, the other players always look to pass to him, he has to be the focal point of our game. When he's doing well, we're fantastic, but when he plays poorly, we desperately suffer. I also don't think it's a coincidence that players like Pato and Robinho have often played their best football and stepped up for us when Ibra's been absent, yet it would be ignorant to not acknowledge that when Ibra's on the pitch, their games suffer.

There's a reason why Cavani is often touted as a great replacement for Ibra. Whilst Cavani is equally as versatile as Ibra, having a number of skills from an attacking sense and having the physical presence to lead the line. However, his workrate is incomparable, as Ibra doesn't come close to Cavani. Whilst Ibra undoubtably plays for himself and has to be the focal point of a side, Cavani epitomises a team player and works incredibly hard for a front man. Personality wise, Ibra's an ass. He is one of the most dislikeable players in football. Cavani again in this regard is a much better presence in the dressing room.

Cavani might not be able to do some of the things Ibra does, but he's got other strengths that could improve us as a team.

Anyway, Allegri's confirmed (again) Ibra and Thiago are staying, so this debate seems kind of pointless.
Milan was not Sheva. Milan was not Kaka. Milan is not Ibra.

The stars keep and raise the fame of Milan, but they are not Milan. Milan are all the players, staff, management and of course, fans like us.

If Cassano and Pato can stay healthy, we don't really need Ibra, not to mention a great scorer like Cavani. Without the injury crisis last season, we wouldn't have relied on the Swedish that much.