Summer mercato 2012
To me it seems like that Flamini is holding out on a bigger and better offer while Milan due to the wealth of defensive Mids, is holding out on 1.4mil a yr for 2yrs. Despite his injuries and forms, Flamini can get that amount anywhere.
Flamini s contract is still not completed. From what i ve read isnt he still negotiating with Milan over his wages. Whatever it is i am not very keen on Flamini staying either id rather have Merkel in the squad.
(05-23-2012, 02:27 PM)Revolver Wrote: There are indications that Montolivo will not be tried as regista. He will be on left or on right of midfield trio.

I think there is a lot of mind games by Allegri lately, because in one instance he says that Boateng will be a part of midfield trio, which means attacking midfielder has to come and Montolivo could play as regista, and in another instance he says Montolivo will not be regista, which means he'll be more up to the front to help creativity in the final third and Boateng will be left as trequartista.

My opinion is that Boateng will be left where he is, because last summer Allegri also said Boateng will be tried as box-to-box and that never happened. I think we will buy a replacement for Van Bommel and the system will be the same as before now.

What do you guys think?

Not much to add, I generally agree (no one said we won't sign another midfielder). I'm not sure if Boateng will remain as trequartista as I'm struggling to find exactly what Allegri said. In Elmago's translation from Milannews, it said Boateng can do well on the side of a 3 man midfield, while the translation on the official site just says he can do well as a wide midfielder. If the translation on the official site is correct, then could he be hinting to a change of system?

Generally, I agree I think he's just playing mind games, as he talks about so many hypotheses that it's impossible to tell what he's intending to do right now, never mind the mercato's just started.
(05-23-2012, 03:02 PM)Mystik Wrote: Gabriel is Flamini definitely gone? Last I read they were still trying to sort out his wages for a 2-year contract.

I believe that Galliani said that he was still waiting to hear the answer from Flamini and his agent.

(05-23-2012, 03:02 PM)Mystik Wrote: Xudong: We're not buying Aquilani..Galliani said so in that interview.
I didn't say that we would buy him; but he could still be here. I read that Galliani is trying to pull another loan deal Icon_lol2 with Liverpool who doesn't seem so keen on keeping Aquilani.
aka xudong
a few notes:

1. I'm sad about Merkel, but if it was between him and El Shaarawy, I'd pick El Shaarawy for us.

2. Gab, it's not Toare, it's Traore Big Grin

3. I wish people would stop calling midfielders regista, trequartista, anchorista, schmelinsta, and all other "-ista"'s, and refer to them as CM DM LM RM AM and so on Big Grin
Gab likes to make fun of players' names Big Grin
(05-23-2012, 06:45 PM)Stitch Wrote: a few notes:

1. I'm sad about Merkel, but if it was between him and El Shaarawy, I'd pick El Shaarawy for us.

3. I wish people would stop calling midfielders regista, trequartista, anchorista, schmelinsta, and all other "-ista"'s, and refer to them as CM DM LM RM AM and so on Big Grin

I've struggled with these Italian names too, but I think I somehow got it right.Big Grin

Regista is deep-lying playmaker if I'm not mistaking. Pirlo is the main example of regista.

Trequartista is advanced playmaker, i.e. attacking-midfielder. Roberto Baggio was a prototype of trequartista in Italy.

Hope I'm right. Big Grin

TMW : The agent of Sahin was in Milan and met Galliani today ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Sahin would be perfect for our midfield! Great player!
(05-23-2012, 07:24 PM)Revolver Wrote:
(05-23-2012, 06:45 PM)Stitch Wrote: a few notes:

I've struggled with these Italian names too, but I think I somehow got it right.Big Grin

Regista is deep-lying playmaker if I'm not mistaking. Pirlo is the main example of regista.

Trequartista is advanced playmaker, i.e. attacking-midfielder. Roberto Baggio was a prototype of trequartista in Italy.

Hope I'm right. Big Grin

Regista is playmaker (regista in cinema is the director). A regista can theoretically play anywhere on the field. In classic Italian the regista is the #10, before numbers lost their meaning.

Trequartista means someone who plays at three fourths of the pitch, so basically an attacking midfielder. Technically a player can be both a trequartista and a regista, like Totti. Actually this is often the case, the Pirlo-type player is a relatively new concept.

For the record other terms which might pop-up are:
- Mediano: defensive midfielder, destroyer. Think Rino. (Back in the day #4)
- Mezzala: LCM or RCM. (#8)

Anchorista, Schmelinsta aren't Italian terms. The former though seems like a DM anchor. Van Bommel.