Summer mercato 2012
Maybe by Jan, Milan will send Toare to Genoa for half of Merkel.

See, thats what I don't understand, Milan would rather sign Toare instead of keeping Merkel.
(05-23-2012, 12:18 PM)Beppe Wrote: Italian giants Milan insist that they will resist the bombardment of offers for key defender Thiago Silva.

The Brazilian is again being linked with an exit after Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini was spotted at the Diavolo’s HQ this week.

“There is an assault on him,” stated Vice-President Adriano Galliani. “All of the big Spanish and English clubs want Thiago Silva.

“He’ll stay at Milanello though. We’ll resist all of the temptations and there are strong ones which exist.

“All of Europe want him, including clubs with great economical power. We’ll do all we can to keep him.”

Silva is seen as a vital figure at San Siro given the departure of Alessandro Nesta, as is star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

“After the Novara game on the last day of the season, Ibra came to my house,” Galliani continued when asked about the Swede’s future.

“I spoke to him for two hours and I hear from his agent on a daily basis. I’ve not been told that he wants to leave.

“Like Thiago Silva, Ibra will stay at Milan.”

Mancini’s visit, however, did also spark suggestions that Milan could again be interested in January target Carlos Tevez and City left-back Aleksandar Kolarov.

“The Tevez train has gone,” Galliani added. “We have never been interested in Kolarov – especially as we have four left-backs already…”

The former Lega Calcio President was also questioned on the futures of Clarence Seedorf, Mathieu Flamini, Maxi Lopez and Alberto Aquilani.

“I’ve still not seen Seedorf, while Flamini has to tell us whether or not he will accept our renewal offer. Maxi Lopez and Aquilani won’t be signed.”

The first pair are out of contract this summer, while Lopez and Aquilani are on loan from Catania and Liverpool respectively.

Galliani added that Milan are not looking for a new striker, while a defender is an objective. He also declared that Stephan El Shaarawy would be signed outright from Genoa, while the Rossoblu would take full ownership of Alexander Merkel.

Galliani must have had a stroke because he sounds like an a$$hole.
Yea I read that article too.. what four left backs do we have? Antonini, Mesbah..Urby and De Sciglio? Really? Facepalm

I'm disappointed about Merkel too..I felt he could have done well for us. Not like we have such an amazing midfield that he wouldn't get his chances often enough. Aquilani is also gone too..so that's two passing midfielders gone and Montolivo in. I hope Traore is the next Iniesta..
Siamo a posto cosi.
There are indications that Montolivo will not be tried as regista. He will be on left or on right of midfield trio.

I think there is a lot of mind games by Allegri lately, because in one instance he says that Boateng will be a part of midfield trio, which means attacking midfielder has to come and Montolivo could play as regista, and in another instance he says Montolivo will not be regista, which means he'll be more up to the front to help creativity in the final third and Boateng will be left as trequartista.

My opinion is that Boateng will be left where he is, because last summer Allegri also said Boateng will be tried as box-to-box and that never happened. I think we will buy a replacement for Van Bommel and the system will be the same as before now.

What do you guys think?
Or Monty is being use as AM and Boateng is part of the midfield trio. Strootman will come in before or during the Euros. While Merkel will be bought back by Milan in Jan due to another injury crisis. Toare will head to England to join Taiwo as another free player from Ligue that gone horriblely wrong.

Galli is right to state he got four LB, since Mesbah, Urby, Dilac and Taiwo are all under Milan contract. Sadly, none of them are good enough to knock Maldini off as LB, if Maldini comes back like Scholes.

On a positive note, Aqua, Flamini and Lopez won't be wearing the Milan jersey again.
More disappointing stuff.

Montolivo is a risk in the middle of an Allegri system, even if he tries it he might have to give it up.
(05-23-2012, 02:19 PM)Mystik Wrote: Yea I read that article too.. what four left backs do we have? Antonini, Mesbah..Urby and De Sciglio? Really? Facepalm

I'm disappointed about Merkel too..I felt he could have done well for us. Not like we have such an amazing midfield that he wouldn't get his chances often enough. Aquilani is also gone too..so that's two passing midfielders gone and Montolivo in. I hope Traore is the next Iniesta..

Galliani should have said seven leftbacks we have: Antonini, Mesbah, Urby, Taiwo, Zambrotta, De Sciglio, Bonera. Rolleyes
It would be a shame if we lose Merkel. He did so well with Genoa in the first half of last season; since he left, Genoa was a disaster which in a way showed how good Merkel was for them.

We didn't really give Merkel a fair chance to prove himself at Milan. He played only a few games before injury hit. We should not have given him up for Traore or Aquilani. We are not talking about Ozil or Iniesta coming to take it away from Merkel, so it makes no sense. Angry
aka xudong
With the wages different between Toare and Merkel, I am sure that sum is enough to buy half of SES.
Gabriel is Flamini definitely gone? Last I read they were still trying to sort out his wages for a 2-year contract.

Xudong: We're not buying Aquilani..Galliani said so in that interview.
Siamo a posto cosi.
It sounds now almost confirmed Ganso is coming, even tho he's real injury prone allegri's job is to not get our hopes high and then we'll be dissapointed, he's hiding from what I read another midfielder is coming, I still find it strange we'll carry 5 strikers according to Galliani