Summer mercato 2012
Don't trust video highlight of a player bc if that's the case, you would think that Baresi is a striker and to a CB.

Honestly, of Milan is going to sign European players who will be playing in Euro, they better start now instead of after Euro bc their prices will probably go up.
In Strootman's case, Euro should not be too big a concern. In Oranje, van Bommel is going to start ahead of him, so Galliani could have some good nights' sleep without worrying too much his value may skyrocket, and wait until August 31 to make a loan + option to buy at 3M offer to PSV.
aka xudong
The thing about Intl tournament is that you never going to know what could happen. Strootman might be a sub now, but who to say DeJong or MVB won't get injured or suspended and Strootman steps in and clean house for the Dutch. Then every teams like Barca, Real or ManU will by vying for his service while Galli and Allegri kept saying The mid is fine with champions......and by May 2013, Milan will be fighting for the CL spot.

On a side note, just realize that MVB had won Legaue titles in Four Leagues.
(05-15-2012, 05:10 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Strootman had 16 assists this season. (10 Dutch League, 6 Europa League)

Makes sense, he's naturally a little more offensive minded than MvB and is technically very good.

(05-16-2012, 03:39 AM)edysim Wrote: What is Strootman's position really? from those videos, in PSV he seems to be playing CM than an anchor in front of the defence? he seems 'more attacking' than defensive (if we compare him w MVB)..

He is more attacking than traditional DMs (he also plays CM) and he does like to make progressive movements forward, hence his offensive stats being impressive. That said, I think he's disciplined enough to play Van Bommel's role at DM.
In an interview Seedorf suggests he could still remain at Milan. sources are goal.com and milannews

Also, Santos have publicly said they will speak to Robinho while he's on holiday in Brazil to try and convince him to join this summer. Given he's still contracted to us, surely this is an illegal approach? They also say we want at least the same amount we paid for him but don't have the funds (we won't agree a loan at this point). I really don't get what they're thinking, as they publicly said they won't give up their stars (Ganso and Neymar), are desperate to bring Binho back, but admit they have no money for him. Even if they agree terms with him, how are they even going to pay for him?
If Montolivo is used just in front of the defence (like Pirlo in Juventus nowadays or in Milan the last 10 years), Allegri will be able to put two physical midfielders (box to box ones) around him ...

We could look a lot like Juventus in our midfield next season (same kind of players placed the same way), except that we will use a central AM behind our two strikers instead of two "wingers" ...

If Strootman is the player that many of you said (a kind of MVB a bit more attacking minded), he would be perfect to play in one of our midfield spots around Montolivo ... And the other spot is naturally the one of Nocerino who earned it this season and has to be confirmed (and then, if he doesn't manage to play like this season again, there will be other players waiting to take his place on our bench).

I'd also like us to have a new AM, someone able to organize the game (depending on the way Montolivo plays in his role) OR someone like Kaka', someone who tries to go forward when he has the ball and is able to make the difference ... Boateng isn't this kind of player (don't get me wrong, Boateng is a hell of a player when he is on form, but he isn't the kind of player I want for our AM position). Actually, Boateng would be ideal if he is able to play again as a CM : we would have Nocerino/Boateng, Montolivo/Strootman, Strootman/Muntari (or other player).

But I'm probably too hopeful, if we get this Strootman guy, I think it will be enough as I don't see us spending more than 30M this summer, especially if we don't sell one of our big players (and there are a lot of rumours about Thiago Silva leaving, the Summer is going to be very long !!).

About Maxi Lopez, I hope he will stay because he bleeds red and black, and we need that kind of player who will always give his heart to play for us !!

One of the rumours nowadays is that Robinho or Pato will be sold, and that would let us with Ibra, Cassano, Pato, Maxi Lopez and El Sharaawy, which would be enough IMO ... The main problem of the rumours are that it seems we are going to try to get someone new in our attack, but 6 players is too much for 2 positions !! We can't make everyone happy and we can't keep everyone fit !! Dodgy
(05-16-2012, 12:18 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: In an interview Seedorf suggests he could still remain at Milan. sources are goal.com and milannews

Also, Santos have publicly said they will speak to Robinho while he's on holiday in Brazil to try and convince him to join this summer. Given he's still contracted to us, surely this is an illegal approach? They also say we want at least the same amount we paid for him but don't have the funds (we won't agree a loan at this point). I really don't get what they're thinking, as they publicly said they won't give up their stars (Ganso and Neymar), are desperate to bring Binho back, but admit they have no money for him. Even if they agree terms with him, how are they even going to pay for him?

DOesn't it look like a poor version of the Galliani strategy (yep, this strategy, asking for expensive players while you admit you have no money has a name, and it is called the Galliani strategy !!) ? Sagrin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I actually have high hopes for urby and de scglio to be successful at LB position next season.both showed moments of excellence and promise this season,allegri himself already said he will play urby as LB more.

What's the situation for Bale? if we are forced to offload pato and robinho(2 limited contribution this season),I hope we can get bale and muriel to play 2 wings.I'm looking forward to witness how allegri brace the popular winger football.
May god with chinese footbball
I don't think the Spurs will sell Bale due to CL.

I thought Slowdorf agreed terms with that Brazil team, why does anyone at Milan want him back.

I thought this is the summer where a new era will start and not another fuck, why r these old guards and deadweights still around.
* Montolivo is having his medical right now @ Via Turati (Video)
http://video.sky.it/sport/calcio-italian...121230.vid
Montolivo will take the #18 Shirt

* Tottenham offered 12 Million Pounds for Mexes...

* We're linked with Strootman, who is an anchor, not really a box to box. I think if we bought him, we would play Montolivo and Nocerino in mid, and then Boateng behind the forwards. However, Sneijder is trying to lure Strootman to Inter.

* Santos' President offered 12 Million for Robinho, which is not enough. Then he basically said they will wait for Robinho to come off contract in 2014 and get him after the World Cup in Brazil. PSG could still be in the race for him.

* Also, Seedorf is saying he could stay at Milan, and if he does, I think fans will really go nuts.

* Lastly, I agree with GEO regarding Boateng... I prefer this:

--------------Hernanes/Eriksen-----------------------
--------Montolivo--------------Boateng--------------
-------------------Strootman-------------------------

-----------------Eriksen------------------------
------Hernanes---------Boateng----------
----------------Montolivo-----------------

I would sell Pato/Robinho to make that midfield happen.

* We're still linked with Balotelli although he said he wants to say...

* Didac Vila's Agent has a meeting with Galliani at the end of May to see the deal. Didac wants to come back to Milan but only if he plays this time.

* And lastly, not that it matters for us, but Yaya Toure announced he wants to leave Man City
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-...eals-agent
12 mil for Mexes is a dream come true, heck, I was predicting 8mil max. This Slowdorf rumor is really bothering me, doesn't Slowdorf have any pride. Look at Gattuso, I am sure he could have resign but he said it is time to move on and give way for other players. Slowdorf, just leave, nobody wants you in Milan anymore, and btw, you are useless.
Dilac is also a good rumor bc he has done pretty well in Liga.