Summer mercato 2012
I for one will be glad if Ibra leaves. We can use the money from his sale to buy a top young forward. I don't know what he plans to do in Man C, I would play Tevez and Aguero over him any day.
So before the real transfer action starts, here's what a Milan team would look like if we were making the decisions (according to the polls results):

GK (3): Handanovic, Abbiati, Amelia

Def (9): Thiago, Mexes, Abate, Antonini, De Sciglio, Criscito, Astori, Ogbonna, Dede

Mid (10): Boateng, Merkel, Nocerino, Muntari, Strasser, Valoti, Urby, Montolivo, Hernanes, Ganso

Forwards (6): Cassano, SES, Ibra, Pato, Tevez, Paloschi

Total = 28
from that list
we lack 1 type of player
mvb type of player
No Handanovic, Mexes, Ganso, Pato and Paloschi for me, but add Honda instead.
Thumbs Up 
(05-14-2012, 05:15 PM)LebRN Wrote: SES & EL 92??? Dodgy
I appreciate your current activeness on MM with lots of polls and now this keen observation ... Okmilan
Actually I wanted to say EL92 and Maxi Lopez. I think Maxi is good squad player and is non problematic. Plus he looked touched during the gathering of all the old guard in the last match.

(05-14-2012, 05:43 PM)Kastriot Wrote: I see here are more people willing to give a big IF pato a chance rather than a sure thing Ibra.
Its now or never. I can bet my display pic of facebook that Madrid and City would gladly pay whatever ACM asks them for Ibrahimovic. He scored 36 goals, so what, we didn't win anything. Last season a combine effort of him, Robi & Pato with goals in the range of 10-15 won the Scudetto.

One thing more, there are many examples where the football players gave their best ever performances just before there decline. Maradona 1990, Cannavaro 2006, Adriano 2005 ..... So if Zlatan has given his best ever goal tally this season, its a golden chance to make some bucks.

As for Pato, mate he is far from finished. He is just 22 and Brazilians finish at the age of 28, so he still has 6 more years Blush
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(05-14-2012, 06:43 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 05:15 PM)LebRN Wrote: SES & EL 92??? Dodgy
[font=Trebuchet MS][color=#9400D3]I appreciate your current activeness on MM with lots of polls and now this keen observation ... Okmilan

appreciate your appreciation OkmilanOkmilan

Anyway, i agree with the point that one player scoring 36 while the 2nd best was at 10 is not better than a bunch of players scoring 10+

However, I know a lot of that was not much of Ibra's fault having Pato out all season, Cassano & Boa out most of the season, Robinho sucking except for 2-3 games and no other real established attacker or a capable attacking midfielder who can score goals.

I just look at his attitude and the interaction with his teammates and can remember at least one instance when every player would wave off at Ibra to just f*** off and you can see it is not just a moment of frustration but rather a reaction to something that has been building up for some time.

By the way, I don't know where to post this right now but it's been confirmed that Milan will be seeded in the top 8 for next year's CL given that Atletico Madrid, Inter, Lyon, & Liverpool all failed to make it through and we are seeded 12th in Europe. (there also could be a chance that Chelsea is out if they don't win the final but that won't affect us anyway).
So good to be back, even with the help, and hope that brings some better luck with the draw.
(05-14-2012, 06:13 PM)LebRN Wrote: So before the real transfer action starts, here's what a Milan team would look like if we were making the decisions (according to the polls results):

GK (3): Handanovic, Abbiati, Amelia

Def (9): Thiago, Mexes, Abate, Antonini, De Sciglio, Criscito, Astori, Ogbonna, Dede

Mid (10): Boateng, Merkel, Nocerino, Muntari, Strasser, Valoti, Urby, Montolivo, Hernanes, Ganso

Forwards (6): Cassano, SES, Ibra, Pato, Tevez, Paloschi

Total = 28

I think we only need 4 forwards..MAX. There's no need to have 6 when we only play 2 at a time. That will cut it down to 26 players. Then I highly doubt we'll get Montolivo, Hernanes AND Ganso. I think we'll probably only get two out of the three..at best.

3 GK, 9 DF, 9 MF, 4 FW for a 4-3-1-2 is sufficient I think. I wonder what our starting midfield would be..
Siamo a posto cosi.
(05-14-2012, 06:13 PM)LebRN Wrote: So before the real transfer action starts, here's what a Milan team would look like if we were making the decisions (according to the polls results):

GK (3): Handanovic, Abbiati, Amelia, Donnaruma

Def (9)8: Thiago, Mexes, Abate, Antonini, De Sciglio, Criscito, Astori, Ogbonna, DedeAcerbi

Mid (10)9: Boateng, Merkel, Nocerino, Muntari, Strasser, Valoti, Urby, Montolivo, Hernanes, Ganso Ambrosini

Forwards (6)5: Cassano, SES, Ibra, Pato, Tevez, Paloschi

Total = 2825

I underlined the names that I don't think is possible (yes, even including some names that I would like to add personally. Sad), and bolded new names that I find more feasible.

I don't think Handanovic is feasible. Too expensive an option considering we still have Abbiati.

Ogbonna is unlikely, considering that his contract expires next summer. Big Grin Dede would be nice, but I haven't even heard any rumor linking us with him. It is Jube instead. Angry

You forgot about our captain, Ambrosini. Big Grin If everything goes well (injury-wise), I don't see us having 10 midfielders. If both Hernances and Ganso arrived, I would call this summer a perfect one. I am keeping both names there (more like a wishful list). For Valoti and Urby, both are players I don't mind having but I see them as first ones to go if we are to axe someone.

I think we can forget about Tevez. We won't have the money, and the department is too crowded. I don't have any specific preference between Lopez and Paloschi, but Lopez is too expensive, and Paloschi is a Milanista.

And a 25-player squad makes more financial sense. Wink
aka xudong
So excited, just booked 7th row tickets for the Milan chelsea game at sunlife stadium july 28th in miami, going to be a great game! i hope we make some new signings so i can watch them live, i havent watched a live milan game for 2 years now since i was last in italy too long really. I wish theyd come to toronto or florida more often as im always back and forth between them

How i figure, i think the only way ogbonna wont end up with us is if we plan to get him when his contract is expired which is stupid seeing as we need defenders ASAP, not that he would be an instant quality injection, i presume a couple of years playing with us until he really gets the starting spot. Also, correct me if im wrong but isn't he also quite good at left back?

also, according to milannews, since MVB is going back to PSV, we're also apparently close to signings Kevin Strootman from PSV, great central midfield talent i really like the guy and he really is similar to MVB.

Call me crazy as well, but i'd sell ibra if i was management as well. these days it seems making 30mln for us is difficult. id rather sell him for that and buy a younger player.
Apparently, Kagawa is leaving. Now imagine Milan signing Kagawa and Honda in one summer. Not only do they fit well in Allegri system, they are also great talents and will attract more fans from Asia.