Summer mercato 2012
I'm not that excited with the possible arrival of Keita. From what I've seen he's not that special, and also he's 32 and not exactly one for the future. I could possibly have him as a backup plan for the transfer market if other targets fails to go through. Good player, but nothing more in my opinion.
I would take Keita at a heartbeat if he was 5 years younger, but he is now on the wrong side of thirty. We should simply stop signing 30+ players, if we want to rebuild a quality side.

Also, Keita will not come cheap (fee + wage), which is another big concern.
aka xudong
milan guys silva to barca may actually come true.. i mean im far from wanting to happen, especially since i bought his jersey a few months ago .. but seriously, if you look at it in an "economical" point of view quote galliani lol right now is the time to sell him if we need to make money, guys for our future, we need the money.. plus barca or real will probably offer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for him, i wouldn't take any amount of money for him.. but our management would, maybe buy hummels or something then say they had to cover some type of loss and thats where the rest of the money went.. rr
I think Silva will stay.
- We don't lack money for balancing the book. Berlusconi is crazy, he always pays for the loss but doesn't want to pay for big transfers Big Grin However, this year he is back as Milan president and after seeing how far we are from the best team, Barcelona, I think he will spend.
- Galliani has enough experience to persuade a calm Silva. He doesn't have the star status like Sheva & Kaka.
- Barca are empty-handed this season, they don't have the money and Tito Vilanova has no charm.
- I don't think Silva want to be Kaka's teammate again in Real and there is no interest from England.

Silva, Nesta, Mexes and Bonera will play for us one season more.
Silva for huge money could be tempting , but you know what happened with Kaka huge huge money but none reinvested.
Silva gone ...Nesta Yepes renewed , Bonera Acerbi Mexes maybe Natali is what could happen and thats bad.
Berlu has always spent less on Milan when he isn't in or running for political power.So the fact he's back doesn't instill me with any confidence.
Unless the offers 50mil and Milan willing to reinvest at money, Silva should not be sold.

Acerbi seems pretty solid, all Milan needs is to sign Dede or Luiz and then sell Bonera and Mexes. Then their CBs will be complete even if Nesta does not renew.
i would go for dede that guys a monster.. also has anyone been monitoring kompany? that guys a beast defender.. seriously look forward to seeing how good he is in the coming years, hes untouchable at city though imo, has a big contract and city wont ever need the money..

if silva were to leave though, david luiz nor dede would be my #1 options. my number 1 would be hummels
We were seriously linked with Kompany many years ago, and that rumor lasted for at least a few seasons. Kompany, Torres, even Lugano. We surely were good at talking.

I honestly don't see Kompany, the captain of a rising powerhouse, would want to join Milan now.
aka xudong
Man city really already is a power house imho. they have a wc player in every position with a wc back up. really what they lack before making their final steps is a better coach, more discipline and more effective game play. i think the reason man city does win the games they win is solemnly on the class of their players and individual brilliance from each one of them as a whole, if they had barcas way of play, aka pep as coach they'd be a hell of a team..

anyhow, i know a busy topic on the mercato threads been a left back and midfielders.. but isn't anyone concerned with a GK?
abbiati is pretty old now, the once 15mln euro rated buffons replacement for the NT amelia isn't proving to be anywhere close to what he once was, we've been linked with Wiese, he's a good goalie imo, marchetti is amazing id seriously love to have him come to milano, but i dont think his price is a low one at that
Silva will stay. Cuz Silva is the best defender in the world. Milan sold both Kaka and Sheva because they were in decline and they were asking for higher salaries and new contract. Dont mix Silva with them.

i dont see any logic in selling Silva. Like i said before, Mexes doesnt convince me, some months ago, i shared Nava's opinions about him and then i said that i agreed with him. Nesta is still great defender, if he leaves, we need to sign a world class defender, just because we cant depent on Bonera or Yepes.

Nesta's contract should be renewed instead Gattuso or Ambrosini. Nesta still performs better than them. He was our best defender vs Barcelona. He was also best player from Milan just 1 week before. Nesta is always Nesta. We should keep him at all costs.

i'd keep just Nesta and let Ambrosini, Gattuso, Van Bommel, inzaghi ,Roma, Zambrotta go. it doesnt make any sense signing Traore, if we dont let Ambrosini go, considering a rotation player will arrive, one must go. Montolivo as Van Bommel replacement. or if we sign someone like Strootman, Strootman, Montolivo and Traore, Ambrosini will be fourth choice. Dont renew his contract. Renew Nesta's.

Nesta is still a great player, MLS teams or other teams can offer him a great money, while Nobody pays 3-4 m euros a year to Ambrosini, except our beloved Galliani. this is why, if i were Ambrosini's place, i would beg Galliani to renew my contract.