Summer mercato 2012
(05-04-2012, 07:43 PM)Kastriot Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 06:50 PM)tom-tom Wrote: [quote='Sputnik' pid='29687' dateline='1336149270']
Matteo Bonetti, (also known as The Milan Guy) AC Milan beat writer and always reliable source just tweeted this:
"Text from Milano: Seydou Keita to Milan is a done deal. Let's see!"

Wow, if that's true that would be massive, perfect replacement for MvB Smile

I dont think Keita is a replacement for MVBommel. He is not a Holding Midfielder or DM at least to my knowledge he is not. It is a good signing though, hopefully with no more than 2 mil per season.

didn't see him playing with Sevilla but with Barcelona he was definitely a defensive midfielder along with Busquets, he's versatile, he can easily play defensive midfielder and can pass the ball better than Muntari or Ambro in my opinion
Malaga is also after him aparently:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-l...-for-keita
(05-04-2012, 05:34 PM)Sputnik Wrote: Matteo Bonetti, (also known as The Milan Guy) AC Milan beat writer and always reliable source just tweeted this:
"Text from Milano: Seydou Keita to Milan is a done deal. Let's see!"

Milanguy is not always reliable. A couple of years ago he had Kaka returning and nothing came of it. His reputation is mixed, from what I know.

He stated earlier this year that T. Silva will go to Barcelona this summer. Let's see if that comes true.
After the Ganso and Fabregas sagas I will never believe another "player X to Milan is a done deal" quote.

I will believe it if Galliani confirms negotiations (he usually does eventually), and after that if i see it on www.acmilan.com
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Barca defend as a team by limiting the space between two farthest players about 10m. That's why they use Busquet as DM, sell Y. Toure and play Mascherano as CB. Teamwork or more exactly, (Barca style) tactical discipline is required.

So in Keita:

Professionalism, discipline, teamwork - great
Passing, shooting, tackling - OK to good
Stamina - OK (he is 32 now)

He can be a good CM for his overall ability but he can't defend well enough to play CDM, not creative enough for playmaker, not enough stamina for box to box and not very dangerous in opposite field.
I am confused, supposedly Keita has a contract til 2014?
(05-04-2012, 09:02 PM)reza Wrote: I am confused, supposedly Keita has a contract til 2014?

Yes. I've checked it:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/en/fc-barcel...n_131.html

Barcelona will get weaker without him. It is hard to find a player who can blend into Barca lineup, especially the mid. Fab often plays forward and Mascherano is a CB now. Thiago Alcantara disappointed Pep when big challenge/chance arrived.

I doubt it, but very happy if it becomes true.
(05-04-2012, 08:48 PM)Aficio Wrote: Barca defend as a team by limiting the space between two farthest players about 10m. That's why they use Busquet as DM, sell Y. Toure and play Mascherano as CB. Teamwork or more exactly, (Barca style) tactical discipline is required.

So in Keita:

He can be a good CM for his overall ability but he can't defend well enough to play CDM, not creative enough for playmaker, not enough stamina for box to box and not very dangerous in opposite field.

Keita frequently play DM for Barca and has more than enough stamina to play box-to-box.
(05-04-2012, 09:12 PM)JuanShoe Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 08:48 PM)Aficio Wrote: Barca defend as a team by limiting the space between two farthest players about 10m. That's why they use Busquet as DM, sell Y. Toure and play Mascherano as CB. Teamwork or more exactly, (Barca style) tactical discipline is required.

So in Keita:

Keita frequently play DM for Barca and has more than enough stamina to play box-to-box.

I said the way Barca defend is different from Milan. Their DMs don't need to be world class at tackling because there are almost always more than 1 player pressing. So I don't think Keita or Busquet is a good option for Milan because our CDM must handle the first attacking wave alone. On the other hand, I will welcome Mascherano.

You watch Barca frequently, so I respect your opinion about his stamina.
(05-04-2012, 08:41 PM)fLame Wrote: After the Ganso and Fabregas sagas I will never believe another "player X to Milan is a done deal" quote.

I will believe it if Galliani confirms negotiations (he usually does eventually), and after that if i see it on www.acmilan.com

are you sure? Suazo was signed and the news was on www.acmilan.com. Big Grin We all know what happened later. Facepalm
(05-04-2012, 09:02 PM)reza Wrote: I am confused, supposedly Keita has a contract til 2014?

Yes, but I remember reading something about if he didn't play up to certain amount of games this (past) season, then he could leave Barca for free.

I don't know if that news was accurate, also, I had no idea how many games he had played this season and what was the situation now with him.
aka xudong
(05-04-2012, 09:27 PM)Aficio Wrote:
(05-04-2012, 09:12 PM)JuanShoe Wrote: Keita frequently play DM for Barca and has more than enough stamina to play box-to-box.

I said the way Barca defend is different from Milan. Their DMs don't need to be world class at tackling because there are almost always more than 1 player pressing. So I don't think Keita or Busquet is a good option for Milan because our CDM must handle the first attacking wave alone. On the other hand, I will welcome Mascherano.

You watch Barca frequently, so I respect your opinion about his stamina.

Because they defend the way they are asked to doesn't mean they can't defend another way. I do think he's better further up but his versatility is very impressive. But he will cost money. I don't think barca would ask a fortune for him though.