Summer mercato 2012
(04-30-2012, 03:03 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: We could renew Flamini at lower wages and keep him instead Ambrosini or signing Mudingayi or Traore. it would make more sense.

Flamini won't accept that kind of deal by knowing he could go back in England and have a better or similar contract in any club there ...

Flamini left Marseille for money. He got a better contract in Arsenal.
Flamini left Arsenal for money. He got a better contract in Milan.
In both cases, it was similar (end of contract, weird situation).

Why wouldn't he do a third time the same thing ?

Guys, about Higuain, I have mixed feelings ...
He scores a lot of goals in Real Madrid, even by being injured half the season, but I don't know, I don't see that player as a solution even if he is a different kind of striker compared to the ones we have and he could add something to our team ...
But there's something I don't like : even if on one hand, getting Kaka' and Higuain could be good for our team, on another hand, we would swap an injury free player (the only one with Nocerino) with two injury prone players ... Given our situation, it's maybe a bad choice !!
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(04-30-2012, 04:23 PM)Mystik Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 02:47 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: How about a huge swap, Ibra, Pato, Mexes and Bonera for Higuin, Ozil, Mercelo and Lass with 35mil.
Thats a pretty good deal for both parties.

Except we're losing two strikers and 2 CB's and only getting one striker and no CB. We'd still have a little more work to do on the market. I'd gladly take Ozil though..I think he'd fit in well in Serie A.

I don't consider Mexes and Bonera as CBs, more like deadweight. With that 35 mil, Milan can get a good striker and a good CB.
(04-30-2012, 04:55 PM)GeoTav Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 03:03 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: We could renew Flamini at lower wages and keep him instead Ambrosini or signing Mudingayi or Traore. it would make more sense.

Flamini won't accept that kind of deal by knowing he could go back in England and have a better or similar contract in any club there ...

He scores a lot of goals in Real Madrid, even by being injured half the season, but I don't know, I don't see that player as a solution even if he is a different kind of striker compared to the ones we have and he could add something to our team ...
But there's something I don't like : even if on one hand, getting Kaka' and Higuain could be good for our team, on another hand, we would swap an injury free player (the only one with Nocerino) with two injury prone players ... Given our situation, it's maybe a bad choice !!

I think I am going to agree with you. I would be shocked if Flamini stay with lower salary, let alone much lower.

I don't think I will miss him though. Smile
aka xudong
I don't think Milan will let Ibra go for players, esp., someone like Kaka and Higuin, as those will combine for 35mil wages pay before tax. If Ibra is heading to Real, it will be a cash deal like Kaka and Milan might pick up whoever Real can't sell on Aug31 at a discount.

If Ibra can somehow hit 30goals this year, Milan might just be able to sell him for 35-40mil. Hopefully Milan will invest those money on players instead of balancing its book.

As for Flamini, I really don't see why people want him to stay for lower wages, when Milan already got Muntari and Nocerino along with Strasser in the squad. Unless Flamini plays at LB, there is no place for him.
(04-30-2012, 05:19 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I don't think Milan will let Ibra go for players, esp., someone like Kaka and Higuin, as those will combine for 35mil wages pay before tax. If Ibra is heading to Real, it will be a cash deal like Kaka and Milan might pick up whoever Real can't sell on Aug31 at a discount.

If Ibra can somehow hit 30goals this year, Milan might just be able to sell him for 35-40mil. Hopefully Milan will invest those money on players instead of balancing its book.

As for Flamini, I really don't see why people want him to stay for lower wages, when Milan already got Muntari and Nocerino along with Strasser in the squad. Unless Flamini plays at LB, there is no place for him.

Actually, I don't want Flamini to stay for lower wages; I want him to stay for much lower wages to redeem for his non-service for the past four years, so certainly that it is not going to happen.

and no, I believe that Flamini already stated that he will not considering playing out of position. LOL. I guess he would prefer not playing at all to playing out of position, with that huge paycheck that he gets month in and month out.

I hope that Nocerino would be able to maintain his current level for the coming seasons, even though I would understand if that does not happen.
aka xudong
I certainly don't expect Nocerino to score 10 goals again next season, what he Is offering to Milan is a true box to box mid with unlimited energy and can press every where on the pitch.
I am all for Higuain..as long as we also get a midfield good enough to provide him with chances. He's a great finisher but he's not the type to take the ball and do something from nothing. So again we'll still have to reinforce the midfield with players with energy and creativity.

As for Kaka, please please no. He was already declining when he was with us and he's a lot worse now. Let's move FORWARD please.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(04-30-2012, 04:55 PM)GeoTav Wrote:

You can say the same thing for many players. in this world, Everyone plays for money. if you know a player who doesnt play for money, just tell me.

Sheva left Dinamo Kiev, he got better contract with Milan.
Sheva left Milan, he got better contract with Chealse.

Do you think that a big English side will pay 5+ m euros a year to him? Everyone is not Galliani. if you think, you shouldnt watch football again.

Flamini was awesome at Arsenal, there was Milan and Juve who were after him and offered him great salary. However he went to us. Honestly, now a player who was out with this injury full season, Nobody gonna pay him that kind of salary. in this case, we can renew him at lower wages. 5 m euros was too high for a player like him.
(04-30-2012, 07:12 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 04:55 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Flamini won't accept that kind of deal by knowing he could go back in England and have a better or similar contract in any club there ...

You can say the same thing for many players. in this world, Everyone plays for money. if you know a player who doesnt play for money, just tell me.

Do you think that a big English side will pay 5+ m euros a year to him? Everyone is not Galliani. if you think, you shouldnt watch football again.

Flamini was awesome at Arsenal, there was Milan and Juve who were after him and offered him great salary. However he went to us. Honestly, now a player who was out with this injury full season, Nobody gonna pay him that kind of salary. in this case, we can renew him at lower wages. 5 m euros was too high for a player like him.

I agree that most players play for money, but money isn't everything for all players. There have been a few players offering to play for Milan for free. Redondo, Onyewu, and Gattuso who offered.

I am not saying that I liked what Shevchenko did as he hurt Milan, but there is a difference between Flamini and Shevchenko (and many others). What makes Flamini famous in that he always held out to the end of contract and became a Bosman to get more money.

the only other player like him that I can think of is Mexes. I believe that he did that to a few teams.

Interesting that both are French players; and Geo doesn't seem to like either. Big Grin
aka xudong
(04-30-2012, 10:31 PM)xudong Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 07:12 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: You can say the same thing for many players. in this world, Everyone plays for money. if you know a player who doesnt play for money, just tell me.

I agree that most players play for money, but money isn't everything for all players. There have been a few players offering to play for Milan for free. Redondo, Onyewu, and Gattuso who offered.

I am not saying that I liked what Shevchenko did as he hurt Milan, but there is a difference between Flamini and Shevchenko (and many others). What makes Flamini famous in that he always held out to the end of contract and became a Bosman to get more money.

the only other player like him that I can think of is Mexes. I believe that he did that to a few teams.

Interesting that both are French players; and Geo doesn't seem to like either. Big Grin

Well done Xudong, keen observation. Okmilan
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.