Summer mercato 2012
Last season I was somewhat impressed by Sandro of Tottenham. From what I saw he could have some potential in Van Bommel's role. Anyone follow him or seen him recently? Could he be our man?

As for fantasy signings, Sneijder and/or Balotelli would be dreams come true. No doubt in my (anybody's) mind both are quality players, and they are having break-outs with their respective clubs. Economically very unlikely, though. Plus Inter will not likely sell their best player to us unless we really make an offer they cannot refuse.
For some reason, Sandro has not been playing, he is not injured, just has not been pick. Its funny how their manager kept saying Sandro is a big part of his team and he is not for sale in the summer while he can't even get on the bench now. I think if Milan wants a bargain, here is their chance.
We are kidding ourselves , there is no interest in Hernanes Sandro Sneijder De Jong by our MGT non whatsoever , sure if they were free or under 3 million ( I do not exaggerate the 3 million bit) then they'd try but they are not clearly .
Come last few weeks in may / early June it will be extensions extensions extensions , Pippo will leave I am sure of that maybe Yepes but I know the rest will be extended and it honestly deeply saddens me.
You can argue or well discuss how I'm wrong but I have all the evidence I need in following Milan day to day for over 20 yrs and the past 7 years there has been a way of doing business on the cheap witch is fine.

But the last year and a half it's reached ridiculous levels , buying cheap players like Urby Mesbah Noce just hoping they work out , taking free players of any calibre (Mexes and Monty decent nothing more ..if Monty arrives) Taiwo was awful Yepes is too old , now linked with Traire Natali Ederson just because they are free.

No suggestion anything wrong with the team will even be addressed , whole midfield is below average LB is awful.Goalkeepers are always an accident waiting to happen .I am sick of this practice by MGT but I still love AC Milan .There will be no revolution no rejuvenation nothing but empty promises and mediocure players , he's annoyed the way Barca toyed with us for large chunks take a look at our midfield...creative wise they have , Xavi -Iniesta -Pedro -Fabregas -Messi-Sanchez-even Alves , we had Ibra and Seedorf the rest are not good enough to trouble them Cassano would be but unfit.
(04-06-2012, 01:29 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We are kidding ourselves , there is no interest in Hernanes Sandro Sneijder De Jong by our MGT non whatsoever , sure if they were free or under 3 million ( I do not exaggerate the 3 million bit) then they'd try but they are not clearly .

Apparently Berlu was willing to spend 25 mil. on Hamsik before the Fininvest fine. I am not sure how long our transfer policy will have to suffer because of that fine.

Maybe we will sign someone this summer, maybe not.

To be fair, I am slightly relieved that we didn't bet on Hamsik as our main attacking midfielder. Imho, he is quiet a bit overrated.
Even at Napoli he isn't the best player in attack. Last season Cavani used to be teh brightest in attack. This season I think Lavezzi is honestly their best player.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
(04-06-2012, 11:05 AM)Arildonardo Wrote:
(04-06-2012, 05:48 AM)Dha Brain Wrote: My opinion we do need a destroyer this we can't argue , nigel de jong would be huge yes he's wild but lets see teams trying to dance around in midfield ( he's broke 2 legs lol ) next montolivo will be free I'd pick him up in a second , now the biggest shock i'd go after would be sneijder say what you want internazionale are in selling mode , we can make the change simple for him , next is 1 solid wide back we still need a centerback back albertazzi , astori should all return as back ups

I'd rather have players who want to play entertaining football than someone who breaks legs.

you want somebody to put fear into people in midfield , gattuso in his prime would do that , i dont care about cute football anymore , if barcelona didnt have refs to the rescue in almost every key uefa match , things would be very very diffrent .
Gattso didn't break opponents' legs or intend to injure opponents. He only stopped them. I don't remember he got direct red card for his foul, he got yellow cards after he did it (stopping players who have the ball) few times in the game. Gattuso is/was clever player in term of how to stop player (who have the ball) without getting yellow card.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(04-06-2012, 03:27 PM)fLame Wrote: Apparently Berlu was willing to spend 25 mil. on Hamsik before the Fininvest fine. I am not sure how long our transfer policy will have to suffer because of that fine.

Maybe we will sign someone this summer, maybe not.

To be fair, I am slightly relieved that we didn't bet on Hamsik as our main attacking midfielder. Imho, he is quiet a bit overrated.
Even at Napoli he isn't the best player in attack. Last season Cavani used to be teh brightest in attack. This season I think Lavezzi is honestly their best player.

He was fined a ton of money , but if he wanted to spend 25 million on a player that would improve us hugely he would of.We couldn't or rather he wouldn't buy a super cut price Tevez in January.
There happy enough for the way of working now players under like 3 million and relying on free players .We will get a lot worse in the next 3 seasons if it keeps going like it looks like .
(04-06-2012, 04:01 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: There happy enough for the way of working now players under like 3 million and relying on free players .We will get a lot worse in the next 3 seasons if it keeps going like it looks like .

Doubt that it will get much worse. All of our current stars were bought at a cheap / free / discounted price - Ibra, Binho, Cassano, Boateng, MVB, Abate, etc.

Hell, they even spent 12 mil. on a youngster - El Shaarawy.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Even if we bought players on the cheap, it has brought us a Scudetto, and taken us one step further in the CL.

I am generally content with the team's progression. Not happy, but content.
I think from 2007-2011 we got worse every year. Now, we're moving in the right direction and have a big, deep, squad with some very good players. A few pages back I outlined how we can actually spend just a little, and cut our wage bill, at the same time as bringing in better players, like Hernanes, Tevez & others. Check it out as I don't want to keep reposting it.