Summer mercato 2012
I think both Merkel and Strausser are ready to step up and play as regulars in Milan as long as guys like MVB, Boateng, Nocerino, Ibra and others are on the pitch. To me, that's how you integrate youths into your first team, all teams do that.
Here is my Plan for the Mercato.

FEES to Sell/Release Players

(12 Players Out)

Pato: Out (€40M)
Taiwo: Out (€5M)
Emmanuelson: Out (€10M)
Mesbah: Free
Flamini: Free
Seedorf: Free
Roma: Free
Ambrosini: Free
Zambrotta: Free
Lopez: Free
Inzaghi: Free
Yepes: Free

----------------------
Fees to Buy/Sign Players

(9 Players In)

Tevez: IN (€22-24M)
Kolarov: IN (€12-14M)
M'Vila: IN (€18M)
Hernanes: IN (€20-22M)
Ogbonna: IN (€12-15M)
Montolivo: Free
Astori: Free
Muntari: Free
3rd GK: Free

------------------------

Squad: 29 Players + Wages

Abbiati (4M), Amelia (2.5M), 3rd GK (1M)

Nesta (5M), Thiago Silva (8M), Mexes (8M), Ogbonna (4M), Kolarov (7M), Abate (4M), Bonera (4M), Antonini (2.5), De Sciglio( ? ), Astori (1.5M)

Boateng (4.5M), Montolivo (4M), Hernanes (4M), Aquilani (4M), Van Bommel (7M), M'Vila (6M), Nocerino (4M), Gattuso (7M), Muntari (3.5M), Merkel (.5M), Strasser (.6M)

Ibrahimovic (18M), Tevez (12M), Robinho (8M), Cassano (5.4M), El Shaaraway (1.5M)

Total Wage Bill: €141.5

In Conclusion,

Take in €55 Million from Player Sales
Spend €80-85M on Quality Players
---------------------------------------------
Total Spent this Summer Mercato: €25-30M

+

Save around €9M on Wage Bills with a Stronger Squad...

And still 16 Italians in the Squad
Btw Gattuso said that he will play for free next season. Reduce that 7 m euros from the list Smile
Urby won't cost 10 million,6 million at best. and we still got 2/3 of ibra's money unpaid,do we finish robinho's payment already?

Why people are so obsessed with hernanes, have we ever linked to him lately? I don't think our management ever consider him since his price inflated to 20 mln plus,there are so many players with cheaper pricetag but similar capability out there,or similar pricetag but more potential.the only chance we get him is back his san paolo days when his pricetag was around 10 mln.

For a player calibre like hernanes,our philosiphy is to get someone free or low price,then wait him to flourish,just like seedorf and boateng.
May god with chinese footbball
Its unreasonable to expect to get 40 mil for Pato, when we already agreed terms with PSG for 29 mil in the winter, and since then the only thing that he has excelled at is the rate of his injuries.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
A market like armero,ogbonna,montolivo,keita,torres is also great success.we can manage such a campain within 40 million.torres is in career low right now,maybe we can get him for 15 million.
May god with chinese footbball
I see us selling Pato selling Taiwo..Paying 8 mil for Ibra paying 6 mil for Aquilani.Resigning Yepes , Rino , Seedorf ,Ambro , V.Bommel ..Releasing Zambro Pippo Flamini...Signing Monty and Muntari and paying for 8 for Maxi...
The talk of Hernanes , M'Vila , Marcelo , Kolorov , Tevez , Balotelli , Jovetic , Hamsik ..look at the names think of what they cost and think rationally about what we spend and have to spend...
Ibra Aquilani and Maxi (they will keep him but probably haggle for lower fee) will cost 24 million or a bit less if Maxi has a lower fee.Pato will get about 25 million now and Taiwo will get 5 at most .It's unreasonable to expect suddenly they'll change the transfer strategy completely.I don't see it happening , every summer and winter since 06 when Sheva was sold and especially the 'Kaka sale , the talk is this that and the other get rid of the old players thanks for what they did bla bla bla..but it never happens.
Sold Sheva got Oliveira , Sold Kaka got Hunter..why will it be anything different if Pato goes..they'll think Ibra , Robinho , Cassano (when back) Maxi ES92 and they don't care what we say or day , and the fan's in Milan in the ground never make a stand either.
(03-14-2012, 06:21 PM)dejo Wrote: I know what I saw against Arsenal in the 2nd leg..I saw a BAD TEAM NOT A BAD PLAYER...even Thiago Silva played like garbage that match...Urby was bad against Juve??are you for real?after he was substituted we weren't able run as we did with him on the field, and he was more than good vs Arsenal in the 1st leg

I don't even want to comment your admiration for Ogbonna...ridicolous...

Can you say why you think Ogbonna is so bad?
Something I don't understand is the fact that, why would Milan spend any amounts of money on another CB. Even if both Yepes and Bonera are gone, in the minds of the MGt, they still have Silva, Mexes and Nesta along with other youth CB(namely Astori). All they ever need is recall Astori and they will have 4 very capable CBs.

As of now, I really doubt they will sell Pato for anything less than 40mil given his age.

As for midfielders, thats really depends on how far Milan will go in CL and Serie A. If Milan say lose to a team like Benfica, Marseille or Apoel in the next round. I am sure a major signing will happen. However, if Milan actually make it to the Semi or even the Finals. I really doubt any signing will happen as they will think the team is good enough to compete and only need fine tuning.

As I said earlier, even if Milan do not resign Slowdorf, Ambro, Gattuso and Flamini, they will have MVB, Boateng, Merkel, Struasser, Aqua, Nocerino, Urby and Muntari. Thats 8 midfielders with Robinho and ELS being able to fill in as ACM when needed. I doubt MGT will sign anyone unless they are either free or at a discount price.

Personally, discussing potential signings and lineups are fun but except for the summer of Dinho and the one with Ibra and Robinho, the last few summer transfer window has been pretty disappointing. No point having high hopes and ends up with nothing or close to nothing at the end.
My outline was clearly MY VIEW, not the view of the management. I don't think it will happen, but I wanted to demonstrate that it's not "Crazy". Paying a Total of 25-30M this Mercato (City agreed to 2-3 years of Payments for Tevez), makes this very do-able. And not only does it bring in Quality, Younger Players, we still have Italians, we still have Experience, and we reduce our Wage Bill roughly by 10 Million Euros.

I understand Management will probably not go through with a plan like that, plus there are many moving parts and it's not easy to negotiate SO many deals in 1 Mercato, but we can't say it's not affordable, because it clearly is.