Taye Taiwo
I agree that we should not rush him back since Zambrotta is ok. What annoys me is that he was "supposed" to miss only the first league game (against Lazio). I wonder how their evaluation could go this awry?
aka xudong
Transfer speculation currently has it that the Nigerian maybe on his way out, and Maxwell (Barca) to replace him....

Apparently, Antonini and Zambrotta have featured more often than he has so far this season, and that said, I have not seen him play a "bad" game, if memory serves me correctly...if not, please remind me.

I hope this is pure speculation, as I think if he can adapt to the tactical game in Serie A, physically, & agewise, he has all the attributes necessary to be a first-team player.
I LOVE MILAN
I agree with you, Warro. On top of all the reasons that you mentioned, I'd like to add that it would certainly hurt Milan's image too if he would be leaving after such a short spell.
aka xudong
I'm not sure what's going on with Taiwo if I'm honest. I think his only bad game was against Cesena, otherwise he's been solid overall. I'm not going to really believe the rumours at this point, as I'd rather believe Tassotti and Allegri when they say he's still learning about Italian football. I say this because, correct me if wrong, he's probably been the left back to play most for us in Europe this season.

Meanwhile, Zambrotta and Antonini in my opinion aren't exactly doing themselves favours. Antonini's been a very mixed bag and Zambrotta in all honesty has been poor this season.
I believe that they are still working on his defense. He has been caught several times off position, which in a country like Italy is considered a sin. Wink

Anyway, I don't think that we will let him go; he has too much potential to ignore.
aka xudong
(11-12-2011, 05:11 PM)xudong Wrote: I believe that they are still working on his defense. He has been caught several times off position, which in a country like Italy is considered a sin. Wink

Anyway, I don't think that we will let him go; he has too much potential to ignore.

It's been months (maybe even more) since I've disagreed with any of your opinions...... but I really do not see that much potential in Taiwo I'm afraid.

He lacks intelligence, alot of it.

but so did Abate, and now he's one of the first players in the starting eleven.... I didn't believe in Abate at all but now I have grown to appreciate him and like him. Abate however really will never be the new Cafu or Maicon, but we need him to stay in the starting eleven... and these days the fullback position is a very important one... that's why I would like us to sign a world-class LB - someone like Coentrao, Marcelo or Bale. I think it is very important to have a creative fullback who can change the game.

I cannot see Taiwo being that world class full back, at best I see him becoming like Abate - which is a solid player. I'd like us to go for one of the three players I mentioned for the LB position (however we must keep in mind we have like 3 very highly rated LBs in our Primavera).

Taiwo's potential lies with his physicality, his young age, and his offensive prowess (I heard that his freekick knocked out an opponent when he was young) Big Grin. Abate or Antonini does not have offensive skill (well, at least Abate can cross now, but he still hasn't scored any goal for Milan). I see Taiwo score before Abate does. Wink

But let's not get carried away and wish for another Maldini. Big Grin And what makes Taiwo low in the pecking order now is his defensive ability, and let's face it, he is a defender and defending is "his job". Taiwo would be a huge player for us if he could learn to defend well; otherwise, he would be a complete failure. There is no middle ground.

I don't see real difference in our opinions though. Big Grin
aka xudong
I see no hope of us spending big on LB positon considering the tight budget.I'd rather we heavily address our problem about lack of speed at front .

A left abate is more than OK for me,so I will be patient about taiwo's growth.
May god with chinese footbball
(11-14-2011, 04:30 AM)will4li Wrote: I see no hope of us spending big on LB positon considering the tight budget.I'd rather we heavily address our problem about lack of speed at front .

A left abate is more than OK for me,so I will be patient about taiwo's growth.

Rolleyes

Anyway, I have some hopes on this guy, it seems that he needs some more time to adapt to the Serie A. He has been decent IMO, not particularly impressive, but not that bad either. I wouldn't mind a better LB if the money is there though. Still, can do the job.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
He came for free even if we sell him for 4 million its money for nothing.Where will the money go to pay for Aquilani.