For a more handsome MM :D
Well, I want to post something about the look and the functions of new MM.

This forum is much better than the test site Big Grin

However, the quoted fields should be more distinct from normal posts. A colored background or/and italic font is OK, IMO.
Thumbs Up 
Yeah for a more handsom MM Cool
Reza, seriously, is this really less expensive than the old MM? Its so fresh & speedy. The old MM was good, but very heavy & took more time to load properly. Maybe the fresh look would attract more forum posters. After all beauty does/do matter(s) Heart
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(02-10-2011, 06:46 PM)Aficio Wrote: Well, I want to post something about the look and the functions of new MM.

This forum is much better than the test site Big Grin

However, the quoted fields should be more distinct from normal posts. A colored background or/and italic font is OK, IMO.

Agree, and maybe also avoiding the "quote in a quote in a quote in a quote", I don't know if this option is available, but I say that because I know a forum with "quotes into quotes into ..." and you can have a useless amount of characters on each page because of that.

(02-10-2011, 10:31 PM)mzk57 Wrote: Yeah for a more handsom MM Cool
Reza, seriously, is this really less expensive than the old MM? Its so fresh & speedy. The old MM was good, but very heavy & took more time to load properly. Maybe the fresh look would attract more forum posters. After all beauty does/do matter(s) Heart

It probably had to do with the database ... VBulletin is labelled as one of the best forums, but you have to pay for it if I'm not wrong.
But nowadays, other free options are available on Internet, allowing anybody to make a semi-professionnal/professionnal forum !! Smile
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I think 1) you should have a different back ground color to white, and 2) when someone quotes somebody, make it that he can only quote that message.... for example in the summer mercato you can see a few people quoting a person that has already quoted someone, it can become very long....
And can't we see who's online again ? Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Keep the suggestions coming please, I will try to do those possible.

@Aficio
The quote section are white back ground as opposed to light gray for normal post background, should I try to increase the the color difference and italicize or just italicize is ok?
The test site was something else but finally I decided to 'gamble' on this that is closer to what we had before. Why is it gamble? Read below.

@mzk57 It is cheaper, partly because of what Geo posted (vBulletin more expensive) but like I said to Aficio above it is a gamble, because we have to see how it copes when its busier (during game time for example)

@GeoTav Quote in a quote, I will take a look, I hope there is a way but I am not sure. Who's online can be turned on, I will probably turn it on later.

@Hitman Background color I will try. Quote thing I will look too, not sure about it though.

Can I insert a picture (from my own computer) into the signature?
aka xudong
@xudong Seems not, that's strange actually, not sure what I can do but will check
Thanks, Reza. I don't really need a picture in my signature though, seeing that you don't even have an avatar yet. Wink

How come you have so many stars under your username and title? And where is the *jealous* smiley when you need one? Angry
aka xudong
@xudong
To be honest I rather not allow signature pictures at all Big Grin But will check about it.
The stars are assigned by usergroups (admins more, registered members less)
Jealous and other smilies coming soon, I have to add them.