Summer mercato 2012
Santon linking himself to Milan after a question from a journalist :

"Bè, io fin da piccolo tifavo Milan, quindi sarebbe certamente bellissimo poter indossare la maglia della squadra che sostenevo fin da bambino. Avendo però giocato con l'Inter, sarebbe una scelta su cui dovrei forse riflettere"

"Since I was young, I have always supported Milan, so it would be very beautiful for me to wear the shirt of the team I've supported since I was a baby. Having played for Inter, it would be a choice I would have to think about though."

Santon soon linked to Milan on websites ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-23-2012, 08:44 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Santon linking himself to Milan after a question from a journalist :

"Bè, io fin da piccolo tifavo Milan, quindi sarebbe certamente bellissimo poter indossare la maglia della squadra che sostenevo fin da bambino. Avendo però giocato con l'Inter, sarebbe una scelta su cui dovrei forse riflettere"

"Since I was young, I have always supported Milan, so it would be very beautiful for me to wear the shirt of the team I've supported since I was a baby. Having played for Inter, it would be a choice I would have to think about though."

Santon soon linked to Milan on websites ?

You can bet on it. Sagrin
Ive been linking Santon to Milan for a while now.Sagrin

If B&G do in fact have a project I think Santon should be considered for the LB role, with De Sciglio on the right. He may be a better option than Dossena, Balzeratti and paddy power fan Criscito.
(07-23-2012, 09:12 PM)Graeme_C Wrote: Ive been linking Santon to Milan for a while now.Sagrin

If B&G do in fact have a project I think Santon should be considered for the LB role, with De Sciglio on the right. He may be a better option than Dossena, Balzeratti and paddy power fan Criscito.

Sagrin
If you see errors accessing the site contact me, see email below, with as much info as possible, thanks
[Image: wL3iQMT.png]
I am still amazed at how Galliani managed to stock up our LB position with so many useless players and unable to get rid of even one over the years.

Think about it: Antonini (our new captain Proud), Urby (still can't defend), Taiwo (what a waste of space), Mesbah (how could he get a contract until 2016?), Didac (I just don't like any Spanish player). the only one I would keep should really only be a backup (LA77, Proud).

At least Galliani didn't give Zambrotta a contract extension. Facepalm
I'm wondering what happens to all our youngsters that were supposed to be so talented... It seems like they all "disappear". Albertazzi, Cristante, Verdi, Zigoni, Beretta, Fossati, Hottor, Santonocito, Calvano, Valoti, Prosenik, Ganz, Ely, Roggia and so on. They are approaching the age where they should be fighting to make the first team squad, at least some of them, but they're not mentioned anywhere. Don't we have any real good prospects for the future? Apart from De Sciglio that is, which is why I didn't mention him.
(07-23-2012, 08:36 PM)nefremo Wrote: Dev, I completely agree with you on Sahin. Like I said in my previous post a couple pages back (although I didn't want to get into names)....IMO the midfield needs more and Sahin is the perfect candidate. It seems like the rumors about him have disappeared, but I think if Real gets Modric then they will reappear again. I see some news about us being linked to L.Diarra again, and although I think he is a very good and solid player.....I just don't think he is what we need. He doesn't provide the creativity that we need. He will surely be a step up over a lot of our midfielders, but he doesn't offer anything "different" then what we already have (more quality, but still not much different and therefore not what we quite need IMO). So I completely agree with you on him too.

BTW...anyone knows what's going on with Banega? Is he training again after that ankle fracture? I know it would be very risky to buy a player like that (he had a knee injury early in the season....then came back to full fitness and broke his ankle with his own vehicle) and I am not saying Milan should go for him (although when fit he is absolutely one of the best midfielders IMO). But I am just asking to see if anyone knows more about his recovery. As a matter of fact....I would gladly swap Flamini for Banega. One season injury for the other. Sagrin

On the CB issue. I don't know what we can do at the moment. I haven't seen much of Mbiwa (only saw 1 Montpelier game last season against PSG, and didn't really pay attention to notice Mbiwa). I am split on Astori. People seem to want him and I think he is solid but then again....is he that much better then Acerbi? My opinion is that he is not. He may be better at the moment due to experience (perhaps ability too), but the management needs to identify their plans. If they believed that Acerbi has what it takes...then they need to give him time. And perhaps for the time being, promote Albertazzi. Although, if we can snatch one of Astori, Tasci, Mbiwa (I'll trust the reports and others who have been impressed with him) for cheap then I wouldn't be against it. I am an old school kind of guy and I do believe that a strong defensive line is the foundation for greater things....so if we can further reinforce that foundation then why not (although like I've stated many times, i don't think it's priority before we improve the midfield).

On the attack....like I said previously....If we add some "creativity/dribbling ability/passing ability/dangerous movement" in our midfield to support the forwards, then I am willing to stay put with what we already have. However if I had to make a choice out of what's available and sill try and be realistic....then I would go for Destro (even though I don't even know how realistic that is since there is different reports about him every day). I was impressed with him every time I saw him play this past season, and I watch A LOT of Serie A football. He is strong, quick, and very clever in dangerous situations. He's got a great eye for goal and he can create for others. Not create in a way that Ibra/Xavi/Pirlo...etc create with the ball.... but with movement, holding the ball and bringing others in attack, etc. He is a hard worker too and even though he may not look it, but he is strong on the ball.
- if I was to be not realistic and if the management wants a superstar then I would be ok with Tevez too. Sagrin

What I do not want however is Kaka. His time here is done IMO. There is no point of going back. It looks like Milan has chosen a different road ahead and I'm ok with that, but now is the time when they need to believe in the decisions they've made. Getting Kaka IMO is a step back, even though for the short term (next season) he might be helpful. But I state again....I do not want him back here. We need to find another Kaka and write different history.

@ WCmilan - I don't think we should play Pato as a right winger. I just don't think he is good enough to play out on the right. His dribbling is below average. He can hardly get past a player unless there is acres of space behind him. His decision making with his passing (his passing ability as well) is not good and he doesn't want to work back to recover the ball more often then not. What he does have is good delivery of the ball however that alone is not enough IMO. I think he is best suited as a CF and he should stay as that. Just my 2 cents.

Forza Milan!!

I agree with everything you've written, especially replying to my opinion on playing pato however I wasn't insinuating that we should play him as a winger, just as a right forward, right striker whatever you'd like to call it in a wider role to allow him more space to run at as generally coming into the opponents defensive half or near the box it's very crowded in the centre and his touch imho doesn't allow him to give us maximum use of his abilities and since he obviously has trouble helping defend we should look into a cam or CF with some defensive/workhorse abilities such as tevez since naturally you'll find a CF or cam playing closer to the midfield making it easier to track back when needed.
I think our management has an interesting project. With FFP coming into play a new stadium sooner rather then later is inevitable, but to save us some dark years signing youth with the acception that due to lack of experience and most of these youth players not reaching maximum potential for a few years we can count winning CL as a big stroke of luck rather then a big possibility, however with signing young players on low wages we save plus if we really can't come up with any source of profit selling them at 28-29 won't be a problem to get all/most/more of our money back after we've probably got the best out of them already anyways, when and IF they reach higher levels a bigger contract seeing as we will probably see a lot more silverware if we build a team of young players who will one day be superstars like els,jovetic,gabriel,acerbi(possibly),mbiwa,mastour,de scgilio, sahin/strootman in the midfield so on so fourth. However, I think a crucial part to succeeding in building a young team is to always have your 3-4 stars with the experience and near their prime. At this moment i think it would be stupid to sell both robinho and cassano, I'd keep one of the two. It would be very dumb to sell boateng, as he is a big character in our team and at 25 I believe? will be in his prime once we have a matured ready to go CL squad.
I just hope Taiwo gets his chance at LB...ATM he is our best option there...he is not a superstar, but he is not nearly as bad as most of you guys make him seem to be Smile
(07-23-2012, 08:44 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Santon linking himself to Milan after a question from a journalist :

"Bè, io fin da piccolo tifavo Milan, quindi sarebbe certamente bellissimo poter indossare la maglia della squadra che sostenevo fin da bambino. Avendo però giocato con l'Inter, sarebbe una scelta su cui dovrei forse riflettere"

"Since I was young, I have always supported Milan, so it would be very beautiful for me to wear the shirt of the team I've supported since I was a baby. Having played for Inter, it would be a choice I would have to think about though."

Santon soon linked to Milan on websites ?

I remember somewhere he said that out of respect for Inter, he'll never play for Milan. Of course that is approximately 2-3 years ago when he still played for Inter.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Did you guys know with all this seasons departures(so far) we save 26.5mln euros/year BEFORE tax.. which if the tax is infact 50%(not so sure) we save 53mln euros/season, juventus last season only had 100mln in wages where we had like close to 170..

wage wise, we could sign like 5-6 top class players and have a similar wage bill as last year.

rvp -6.5
matri -3
mbiwa -2
santon -2
sahin -4

and we still save on wages..