05-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I think Hamsik and Asamoah are looking more and more likely, and I'd be really pleased if they're the two to come. Asamoah's ability going forward are often underrated, he's not as creative as Seedorf, but definitely has great technique and can pick some good passes, while Hamsik's definitely more of a creative nature, though still isn't a playmaker per se.
I think this is what Allegri wants though. It's interesting to note that since he joined I don't think a single playmaker has come in, with Pirlo's role diminishing and Seedorf being forced to play less of a playmaker role and more of a 2-way midfielder role. Also, even in the traditional playmaker role behind the forwards, Allegri's opted to use Boateng, a player with a strong pressing game who will move up to form an attacking trio rather than sit in behind the attacking line and create.
In essence, I think Allegri's system doesn't have playmakers. You have creative forwards (Ibra, Cassano, Robinho and of late even Pato) and dynamic midfielders who can push forward (Seedorf and Flamini mostly this season, with hopefully Asamoah and Hamsik next year), but definitely there's no player in the side that will dictate our forward play like a playmaker.
I think this is what Allegri wants though. It's interesting to note that since he joined I don't think a single playmaker has come in, with Pirlo's role diminishing and Seedorf being forced to play less of a playmaker role and more of a 2-way midfielder role. Also, even in the traditional playmaker role behind the forwards, Allegri's opted to use Boateng, a player with a strong pressing game who will move up to form an attacking trio rather than sit in behind the attacking line and create.
In essence, I think Allegri's system doesn't have playmakers. You have creative forwards (Ibra, Cassano, Robinho and of late even Pato) and dynamic midfielders who can push forward (Seedorf and Flamini mostly this season, with hopefully Asamoah and Hamsik next year), but definitely there's no player in the side that will dictate our forward play like a playmaker.



