Winter mercato 2022
I’m happy Bennacer will renew but he has been really underwhelming the last two seasons.
(02-05-2022, 11:08 PM)honsano Wrote: I’m happy Bennacer will renew but he has been really underwhelming the last two seasons.

Well he has had injuries and covid plus Pioli insisting Kessie start.

I hope now that Kessie is going he is benched so Benn can sync more with Tonali.
(02-05-2022, 11:08 PM)honsano Wrote: I’m happy Bennacer will renew but he has been really underwhelming the last two seasons.

He was great at the start of last season so I would say he has not been up to speed for 2 half seasons with COVID and injuries preventing him from getting enough game time. I am not worried at all. Tonali has been underwhelming for 1 whole season and shone so brightly this season. The key is to play with continuity.
(02-05-2022, 09:35 PM)ACM2022 Wrote: With the way he plays for us now? I would make a new offer to renew his contract.

3M or GTFO.

At least Dollarumma played his heart out until the last minute for us. Kessie is utter garbage when it comes to professionalism.

To be frank, Dollarumma has always thought we will give in to his demands eventually so he still play with 100%. Kessie on the other hand has never thought of staying once he see the better offers out there.
Watching Bologna-Empoli, Mattia Viti is legit a good defender should keep an eye on him in summer.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
Zakaria masterclass against Hellas. He was really a potential replacement for Kessie.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(02-06-2022, 06:15 AM)hwmook Wrote: He was great at the start of last season so I would say he has not been up to speed for 2 half seasons with COVID and injuries preventing him from getting enough game time. I am not worried at all. Tonali has been underwhelming for 1 whole season and shone so brightly this season. The key is to play with continuity.

I hear you. I want him to show up. I do think there is a big psychological component with him as he tries too hard at times when he comes in. Being knocked out of form with Covid and injury are playing a role. I’m also not sure a double pivot with Tonali works for him. We may have to consider formation changes to bring the most out of the two.
Nikola Kalinic has surprisingly terminated his contract with Hellas Verona by mutual consent and is expected to sign for Hajduk Split. The 34-year-old played 33 Serie A games, scoring six goals and providing two assists in his Verona career.

Montella's star signing Aktion060
Incredible...
(02-06-2022, 10:27 PM)honsano Wrote: I hear you. I want him to show up. I do think there is a big psychological component with him as he tries too hard at times when he comes in. Being knocked out of form with Covid and injury are playing a role. I’m also not sure a double pivot with Tonali works for him. We may have to consider formation changes to bring the most out of the two.

Seeing how Tonali has played this season, I am quite sure Bennacer and Tonali pairing will work fine. They just need to know each other to know who to stay back while the other move forward. Playing with Kessie make our midfield too predictable, I am fine with him leaving as I don't view him as a complete midfielder like Tonali. I think our management has the same view thus the first choice is getting Renato Sanches rather than Zakaria and Kamara. 

I have read that Renato ask for a clause for Premier league clubs, that is what cause the negotiation to collapse. I am not sure I want a player like that here.