Summer mercato 2021
Every rumour we talk about is based on assumption that it is true otherwise we should shut down mercato threads, there is no point in having a forum let a mercato threads if it's only official news and some discussion around match time, the kind of effort that goes into maintaining a forum basically 'requires' constant activity to be worth it. A huge bulk of that activity comes from talking about rumours. Raiola is doing his part for MM Tongue

So based on rumour is true assumption we are talking. Milan is no position to give any player 10 million a year, any. Otherwise I would let Donnarumma go and offer Messi the 10 million Big Grin Ibra (and Donnarumma himself) was an exception to keeping cost down until we are firmly back in CL not almost there for one season.
At the moment we should maybe consider extending the contracts of Romagnoli, Hakan and Gigio... Then sell them for high fees.
(03-21-2021, 01:21 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: That's all ok ,but than ,$ ,don't sell us BS "Oh ,I loooove Milan" ,while trying to milk last dime from "beloved club" which is/been under FFP finacial shitstorm. If you really love the club ,than you do what Rino did ,you go to board and tell them to cut your salary. 
Don't get me wrong ,this is also legit way of handling things ,but than he should own it. To say that he's just mercenary who's here for money ,not to act like double-faced rat. He won't die of hunger if he gets 5 instead or 6 or 7 instead of 8 millions ,but it could save club lot of shitstorm drama which in more or less can influence moral of team ,harmony and various known and unknown aspects. Again ,completely legit to be cheap about every cent ,but than he should not expect from me ,as fan ,to have any more respect for him than for any other mercenarish player in club.
And yeah ,he's never going to be Milan legend ,he don't have class required for it.

SO MUCH THIS! There's no issue with chasing money, it's 2021.. that's standard for most players to chase the $$$. But as Samp has said... don't pull this "I love Milan." "Lifelong Milan fan" bullshit. don't even have to say anything other than "I'm here. I like it here." and that's it. 
100% Raiola is a Snake. But he's a snake that's being put to work by Gigio.
That deal IF true. is a joke. a complete and utter joke. There is no way that any top club would accept a deal like that so not sure why we should. In fact I question whether Raiola would even put a deal like that on the table with a Real Madrid/Manchester/P$G. I think his arrogance assumes Maldini's inexperience will mean he might just bend to Raiola's will easily. 

(03-21-2021, 03:13 PM)reza Wrote: Every rumour we talk about is based on assumption that it is true otherwise we should shut down mercato threads, there is no point in having a forum let a  mercato threads if it's only official news and some discussion around match time, the kind of effort that goes into maintaining a forum basically 'requires' constant activity to be worth it. A huge bulk of that activity comes from talking about rumours. Raiola is doing his part for MM Tongue

So based on rumour is true assumption we are talking. Milan is no position to give any player 10 million a year, any. Otherwise I would let Donnarumma go and offer Messi the 10 million Big Grin Ibra (and Donnarumma himself) was an exception to keeping cost down until we are firmly back in CL not  almost there for one season.

100% here. If we didn't talk about Rumours then there'd be no mercato thread. just a Signing announcements one instead.

I would put the question out there... Who contributes more to MM... Raiola or Mazen... and who's the least favoured... Raiola or Mazen...  Icon_lol2 Devilol Devilol

(03-21-2021, 09:29 PM)Artan Wrote: At the moment we should maybe consider extending the contracts of Romagnoli, Hakan and Gigio... Then sell them for high fees.

Agreed. I don't think Romagnoli is as bad as he's made out to be but I feel like it's time for a change. For his sake and ours. Tomori has proven to be a great replacement already.
Hakan is just garbage. He's shown that his immediately post Covid form was the exception not the rule. 
on Gigio. I like the kid but he just seems to be all about the $$$... WE don't need contract drama every 2-3 years. IF we're signing him to keep him then we should be signing him on a long term deal. IF we're signing him to sell him then we need to do things accordingly.
Dollar is not $10Mil player. No need to inflame this discussion with emotions about being a bigger or lesser Milan fan. He basically doesn’t deserve to be paid as much. He’s just an above average goalkeeper, not a superstar.
I was just thinking, I can’t remember the last time Donna made a “I just saved your ass” save. It is hard to believe we would pay him so much at such a young age as the salary only goes up with him. He def is a good gk but he seems more impressive when we play terribly. He gets paid next season but sold to EPL after a year or two into his contract.

Don’t get rid of Romagnoli. He stagnated due to complacency from lack of competition. Tomori is a must buy so he can compete with Kjaer/Roma and eventually Gabbi/Roma. This is how you build strong sides. It’s not you best eleven anymore, but best 18.

Hakan is another one that needs competition. More so to bring out the best in another CAM. He plays his part to keep the ball moving but we need 5-10+ goal scorer in that role. Maybe if he took the PKs it’d up his confidence?
One rumour can stop now....

(03-22-2021, 06:32 PM)reza Wrote: One rumour can stop now....

thank god
(03-21-2021, 11:59 PM)porcho Wrote: SO MUCH THIS! There's no issue with chasing money, it's 2021.. that's standard for most players to chase the $$$. But as Samp has said... don't pull this "I love Milan." "Lifelong Milan fan" bullshit. don't even have to say anything other than "I'm here. I like it here." and that's it. 
100% Raiola is a Snake. But he's a snake that's being put to work by Gigio.
That deal IF true. is a joke. a complete and utter joke. There is no way that any top club would accept a deal like that so not sure why we should. In fact I question whether Raiola would even put a deal like that on the table with a Real Madrid/Manchester/P$G. I think his arrogance assumes Maldini's inexperience will mean he might just bend to Raiola's will easily. 

100% here. If we didn't talk about Rumours then there'd be no mercato thread. just a Signing announcements one instead.

I would put the question out there... Who contributes more to MM... Raiola or Mazen... and who's the least favoured... Raiola or Mazen...  Icon_lol2 Devilol Devilol

Agreed. I don't think Romagnoli is as bad as he's made out to be but I feel like it's time for a change. For his sake and ours. Tomori has proven to be a great replacement already.
Hakan is just garbage. He's shown that his immediately post Covid form was the exception not the rule. 
on Gigio. I like the kid but he just seems to be all about the $$$... WE don't need contract drama every 2-3 years. IF we're signing him to keep him then we should be signing him on a long term deal. IF we're signing him to sell him then we need to do things accordingly.

RR is second only to Marcelo
(03-20-2021, 03:01 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Pretty worried what will happen to our RB without Calabria for rest of season. Damn I hope we don't bottle this time, Top 4 or nothing. On the other hand, we are linked with Vlasic and Vlahovic for next season if we qualify for Top 4. We are pretty shit up upfront.

bless me how right i am
https://sempremilan.com/cm-chelsea-to-lo...28m-loanee

Interesting point about Tomori here. I completely forgot that we had budgeted for a CB last summer.

As for Romagnoli, I think we should keep him. We'll have a lot of matches next season too, and I think finding someone better would cost us a serious amount of money. The thing is just that he's the captain of the team, so he can't be benched without drama. This is a bit of a problem seeing as how he's our 3rd best centre back right now.