Summer mercato 2021
Sell Donna

What's the value of keeping him??!!!
(03-19-2021, 12:31 AM)mazen111 Wrote: Sell Donna

What's the value of keeping him??!!!

you're right... better to lose him for free. Facepalm
Why are you all assuming these rumors of 10m/year and 12m signing on bonus are facts? How long have you guys been Milan fans? You know better.

Raiola is doing his job. Your problem is & has always been with Raiola. It is his job to milk Milan to the maximum for the benefit of his client. You have every right to hate Mino... but you don’t need to hate Gigio for not interfering in how Mino operates. Mino became Gigio’s agent before he hit puberty, he owes a lot to Mino. Understand that.

Gigio is only 22. He’s still young af. Have some compassion for our stars and future captain & bandiera. We need to nurture them with love & support not with hate due to our unhappiness with his agents requests. Ultimately the decision to stay is Gigio’s not Mino’s.

With Maldini + Gazidis at the helm, have some faith that we finally have a competent management sporting-wise & financially. Maldini won’t let Gigio go because he came from our youth sector and has seen Gigi Buffon’s career from start to end - he knows Donnarumma’s value & potential. Gazidis comes from Arsenal, a club who has done so well in selling youth for money (plusvalenza) and knows the absolute importance of that for Milan to grow under FFP. Even if we find Mino’s requests too high, we will surrender to it (albeit temporarily) because renewing Gigio is critical & monumental to sell him at a higher price next year or down the line.

So whether we want to continue with Gigio/Mino or not, the renewal will take place because we will not let him leave on a free contract. Have some faith. Drop the insecurities. There’s absolutely no reason to stress over this right now. There’s definitely no reason to spew hate on Gigio just because of rumors of Mino demanding a high salary.

We’ll see where we are in the summer time, and I’m quite confident - just like I was when he was 17 - that he’s staying.
Ok, but how do you plan to make him our captain, bandiera and future Gigio and sell him at the same time.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
Pretty worried what will happen to our RB without Calabria for rest of season. Damn I hope we don't bottle this time, Top 4 or nothing. On the other hand, we are linked with Vlasic and Vlahovic for next season if we qualify for Top 4. We are pretty shit up upfront.
You fear because you live without Love Pioli
(03-18-2021, 08:27 PM)Hitman Wrote: A signing on fee is a regular practice in American sports, I think even Messi got a huge signing on bonus with Barca for his last contract.

Gigio can f*** off? Hmmm I wonder where I heard that before....  you were spitting out the same insecure bullshit when Gigio was 17 and you were one of the first to turn on our young little star and it’s no coincidence you’re doing the same again. He’s our gem and it sucks when we see how unappreciative our fans are and how quickly they turn against our own players when a little pressure is on the line.

Gigio loves Milan and he’s staying here whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

Damn man. Why can't you disagree in a more respectful way. You alwsys do the same. Not surprised at this response from you. But whatever. I'll just focus on the issue at hand and treat you the same I do everyone here, with respect.

Seems you left out an important part of what I wrote though...."I can't for 1 second believe that rumor". 

Many already responded before me and said what I wanted to say. Maybe you just haven't followed the forum closely enouhh to know exactly what i've said in the past, many times.

To become contenders for titles, we need to keep our best players and not only that...but also create the Milan culture again. That's best done with players from our youth system. So to make it clear, I want Gigio to stay. I actually, don't have a problem paying him more. 7.5 or 8 or 10mil. I don't care. He is one of the best in the world in his position so I don't see a problem with it.

The problem I have is with paying Mino 12 mil. But ok, fine. Cost of doing business I guess. I can get over that if the club thinks it's fine. Even though, to be clear, I stand by my opinion and I don't think he warrants a 12mil fee for a contract extension. That's just crazy.

There is more problems though. They want some crazy insulting release clause of only 20, 30 mil. You can't ask for 10mil a year, 12mil agent fee....and then leave in a year for 20-30mil. This would be terrible for the club. As much as I can appreciate Gigio, bandiera, captain, whatever you wanna start calling him.....I love Milan first and foremost. And as I said, the above deal would be terrible for Milan.
1st off....if someone makes 10mil, then the release clause has to be corresponding in value. So for someone making that much, I'd expect the release clause to be 80,90+ mil. Not 20-30.

I'll bring up another problem. They only want a 1-2 year deal at most. Again, puts us in a terrible position and gives hem negotiating power again in just a year.

Let me also acknowledge that these are rumors. I don't know if they are true or false. But this is a forum where we get together to discuss...so I'm discussing them. Having said that, the fact that we are about 3 months from his contract ending and a renewal hasn't been signed....there is a very good chance these rumors have some truth to them. Either that, or something else that's a problem and stalling the renewal.

Stop making him a saint please. He is a top GK. He is from our primavera. I have no problems with him asking for more money. Again, cost of doing business. But he's no saint. I don't expect him to stand there and be taken advantage of by the club. Be underpaid , etc. But that's not what's happening, is it? I think the club is being more then fair towards him. But there are limits, rightfully so, that can't and should not be crossed for the good of the club.

In the end, it would be horrible to lose him for free. And you are correct, Maldini knows the value of Milan-bred players. I'm sure he'll do what's necessary. But if Maldini himself is hesitant of offering what's being asked for by Mino....don't you think that maybe Maldini himself doesn't quite see that same value in the player?

We'll see. I hope for a renewal. But the terms have to be adventagous and fair for all parties.
Milan in for nikola vlasic
(03-20-2021, 03:05 PM)nefremo Wrote: Damn man. Why can't you disagree in a more respectful way. You alwsys do the same. Not surprised at this response from you. But whatever. I'll just focus on the issue at hand and treat you the same I do everyone here, with respect.

Seems you left out an important part of what I wrote though...."I can't for 1 second believe that rumor". 

Many already responded before me and said what I wanted to say. Maybe you just haven't followed the forum closely enouhh to know exactly what i've said in the past, many times.

To become contenders for titles, we need to keep our best players and not only that...but also create the Milan culture again. That's best done with players from our youth system. So to make it clear, I want Gigio to stay. I actually, don't have a problem paying him more. 7.5 or 8 or 10mil. I don't care. He is one of the best in the world in his position so I don't see a problem with it.

The problem I have is with paying Mino 12 mil. But ok, fine. Cost of doing business I guess. I can get over that if the club thinks it's fine. Even though, to be clear, I stand by my opinion and I don't think he warrants a 12mil fee for a contract extension. That's just crazy.

There is more problems though. They want some crazy insulting release clause of only 20, 30 mil. You can't ask for 10mil a year, 12mil agent fee....and then leave in a year for 20-30mil. This would be terrible for the club. As much as I can appreciate Gigio, bandiera, captain, whatever you wanna start calling him.....I love Milan first and foremost. And as I said, the above deal would be terrible for Milan.
1st off....if someone makes 10mil, then the release clause has to be corresponding in value. So for someone making that much, I'd expect the release clause to be 80,90+ mil. Not 20-30.

I'll bring up another problem. They only want a 1-2 year deal at most. Again, puts us in a terrible position and gives hem negotiating power again in just a year.

Let me also acknowledge that these are rumors. I don't know if they are true or false. But this is a forum where we get together to discuss...so I'm discussing them. Having said that, the fact that we are about 3 months from his contract ending and a renewal hasn't been signed....there is a very good chance these rumors have some truth to them. Either that, or something else that's a problem and stalling the renewal.

Stop making him a saint please. He is a top GK. He is from our primavera. I have no problems with him asking for more money. Again, cost of doing business. But he's no saint. I don't expect him to stand there and be taken advantage of by the club. Be underpaid , etc. But that's not what's happening, is it? I think the club is being more then fair towards him. But there are limits, rightfully so, that can't and should not be crossed for the good of the club.

In the end, it would be horrible to lose him for free. And you are correct, Maldini knows the value of Milan-bred players. I'm sure he'll do what's necessary. But if Maldini himself is hesitant of offering what's being asked for by Mino....don't you think that maybe Maldini himself doesn't quite see that same value in the player?

We'll see. I hope for a renewal. But the terms have to be adventagous and fair for all parties.

Your entire post and argument is based on the rumors of how high his demands are. Basically rumors. Yet at the beginning and end of your post you acknowledge they’re rumors. Then where’s the humility in expecting that these rumors could be false?

And when you say disrespectful stuff like ‘Gigio can f*** off’ on a board with teenagers like the mazens, you can influence a part of the fan base to turn on him. That influence could be based on your unwarranted & unjustified worries about him leaving simply because he hasn’t renewed in a time that isn’t satisfactory to you. Just like what the Milan fans in Poland did when they threw the cash at him. He was only 17 years old and that was a huge move that could’ve made us lose him. Thankfully he ignored the haters. If you’re going to offend a Milan legend (to be) in a Milan forum, you best expect that you will get some backlash. 

He’s not the only player who we have delayed contract renewals for (btw, it’s plausible that contract negotiations could already be done but they want to announce it at a later date in the season in order not to impact other negotiations). If there was an issue with the renewals, our management would’ve pointed it out publicly but they keep maintaining that everything is going well and even Raiola hasn’t publicly announced that Gigio is going elsewhere like the last time. This management clearly has it’s own patient way in negotiations and don’t bend over for anyone. It helps that Gigio wants to stay here - and especially if we make it to the CL (fingers crossed).

Let’s talk again in the summer when this contract issue is settled officially. We’ll know then what the demands were and what we settled on. We can then have a healthier discussion based on facts not on hypothetical scenarios that may never materialize. Until then, it’s unnecessary to spread that hate.
Discussing rumors and then stating your opinion on them is not "spreading hate". I said clearly, and say it again....IF those rumors are true and this is what's stopping the deal....imo, Gigio can freely go. I won't blame the club for not giving into those demands.
If the club gives in to that, then i'll be fine too. Because they clearly see the value. And as I said, many times, despite the contract drama every couple years...it's best for the club that Gigio stays.

Not sure how else i can acknowledge that the rumors are rumors, meaning they could be wrong. Again, as this is a forum, we discuss the rumors. Not sure what other humility you are looking for. Of course they could be wrong. They are rumors unconfirmed by any official of the club or Raiola himself. But i'll still discuss them. And now let me say this for the 3rd time. Maybe this time you'll see it......"I can't for 1 second believe that rumor (about the 12mil fee for Mino)". That means...I don't believe it's true. BUT...again, as this is a forum about Milan and it was posted (by Reza I think), I'm going to respond and discuss it. And I said, clearly, that I don't believe it...BUT, IF (big if) let's say it's true (for the sake of discussing posts in a Milan forum)....then my opinion is the club shouldn't pay that 12mil and Gigio can go (if that's what's truly gonna make or break the deal). You wanna take that a spreading hate, go right ahead.

Btw, you seem to be pretty set that all of the rumors about renewal difficulties are not accurate. I just find it amazing how you fail to realize that you are doing the exact same thing I'm doing, just on the opposite side.
Then you talk about humility in accepting that the rumors could be wrong (which btw I've acknowledged several times)....yet as I said, your opinion is that they are totally false.....so then where is the humility in accepting that you could be wrong in that?
(03-20-2021, 09:28 AM)Hitman Wrote: Raiola is doing his job. Your problem is & has always been with Raiola. It is his job to milk Milan to the maximum for the benefit of his client. You have every right to hate Mino... but you don’t need to hate Gigio for not interfering in how Mino operates. Mino became Gigio’s agent before he hit puberty, he owes a lot to Mino. Understand that.

Gigio is only 22. He’s still young af. Have some compassion for our stars and future captain & bandiera. We need to nurture them with love & support not with hate due to our unhappiness with his agents requests. Ultimately the decision to stay is Gigio’s not Mino’s.

That's all ok ,but than ,$ ,don't sell us BS "Oh ,I loooove Milan" ,while trying to milk last dime from "beloved club" which is/been under FFP finacial shitstorm. If you really love the club ,than you do what Rino did ,you go to board and tell them to cut your salary. 
Don't get me wrong ,this is also legit way of handling things ,but than he should own it. To say that he's just mercenary who's here for money ,not to act like double-faced rat. He won't die of hunger if he gets 5 instead or 6 or 7 instead of 8 millions ,but it could save club lot of shitstorm drama which in more or less can influence moral of team ,harmony and various known and unknown aspects. Again ,completely legit to be cheap about every cent ,but than he should not expect from me ,as fan ,to have any more respect for him than for any other mercenarish player in club.
And yeah ,he's never going to be Milan legend ,he don't have class required for it.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.