Summer mercato 2012
Yeah me to but we still need a striker more then anything, of course a defender to. a midfielder and a cam would be just a huge bonus
http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/li...769-1.html

Ibra settling in Paris already...Now I know why we had so much injuries last season Smile
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(07-28-2012, 02:08 AM)Kastriot Wrote: http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/li...769-1.html

Ibra settling in Paris already...Now I know why we had so much injuries last season Smile

LOL. Is that why we keep Mesbah? I remember that he was the only one that actually could hurt Ibrahimovic last season in the training.
aka xudong
(07-27-2012, 06:44 PM)Ceceves Wrote: I agree Alba is much better (especially going forward) but apart from him I don't see any young Spanish LBs ahead of Didac (= why I called him ONE of, not THE most promising). They have some good prospects at RB (Azpilicueta, Montoya, that guy Carvajal that Madrid just sold), not a lot at LB. Anyway, my point wasn't that Didac is an amazing player who we cannot afford to lose - I don't rate him that highly tbh - I just think setting a €4m buyout clause is giving Valencia all the advantages. We might lose out on a lot yet can't really gain anything. Even if Didac has a bad season I can't imagine his value dropping below, say, €3m given his age, on the other hand if he has a great season it could rise to maybe €10m. Not saying that's likely to happen, but again: who would have though Gourcuff would explode like he did at Bordeaux?

Didac is one of the most promising, but at this point what does that actually mean?

He wasn't in the euros squad and has failed to get into the Olympics squad (I'm sure they have more than just Alba for LB).

At Milan he's played once and he's not exactly a well known or proven player, although I will accept he's had a couple of decent years in Spain. Honestly, I read we'd get in total around 5m for him, which I think is fair. His value might rise in the future and we'll regret it, but it's our fault for not keeping/playing him.

(07-28-2012, 02:19 AM)xudong Wrote: LOL. Is that why we keep Mesbah? I remember that he was the only one that actually could hurt Ibrahimovic last season in the training.

Never fails to give me a smile...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfZ2T8yer0A
(07-28-2012, 09:44 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Didac is one of the most promising, but at this point what does that actually mean?

He wasn't in the euros squad and has failed to get into the Olympics squad (I'm sure they have more than just Alba for LB).

At Milan he's played once and he's not exactly a well known or proven player, although I will accept he's had a couple of decent years in Spain. Honestly, I read we'd get in total around 5m for him, which I think is fair. His value might rise in the future and we'll regret it, but it's our fault for not keeping/playing him.

It's true he's been left out of the Euros and the Olympics squad, but on both occasions Alba has been the only real LB selected (Arbeloa in the Euros squad can also play LB, though, and at the Olympics they'll probably use a CB as backup).

If the clause is set at €5m it's of course a little better and perhaps it reflects his current market value. But if he plays regularly for Valencia (who are in the CL, are a lot better than Espanyol and get more exposure) and does well - who's to say that figure won't double? You might say then that that's just too bad, we couldn't have foretold that, but if you make clauses in contracts I think you should take such things into account. Returning to Gourcuff, when he went to Bordeaux with a €15m (IIRC) option to buy, that was probably close to his market value at the time, but after a year it wasn't even close, and we lost out big time.

As it turned out the club knew Gourcuff had some "weaknesses" (as Maldini has said), but could probably still have sold him to some PL club for close to €25m that summer when Bordeaux bought him. These days when our management are so obsessed about raking in as much money as possible I just don't understand the Didac deal.

Another matter of course is why we don't give Didac a chance considering our options at LB, maybe management know something we don't like with Gourcuff, but until we hear about that I stand by my opinion that this is a stupid move Sleepy
According to Sky Sport, AC Milan and Dynamo Kjiv have found an agreement for the transfer, on loan with right to buy, to the Ukrainian club of 27 year old left back Taye Taiwo.

http://www.transfermarketweb.com/
Apparently, Milan have contacted Hernanes's agent and there is some negotiations for Kaka. I'd rather Milan get Ganso. Though at this point of time, I'd rather get anyone of the 3 players. What do you guys think??
I think we don't really need any of those 3 given that Boateng is doing very well and Montolivo is a nice substitution. The position required good addition the most is CDM, then LB/CD.

Because our defense is much weaker after Silava, Nesta and van Bommel. We can cope with Ibra's departure with a dynamic mid and a healthy Pato. Juve don't need an Ibra yet won the Scudetto with great teamwork and work ethnic.
(07-28-2012, 01:41 PM)Aficio Wrote: I think we don't really need any of those 3 given that Boateng is doing very well and Montolivo is a nice substitution. The position required good addition the most is CDM, then LB/CD.

Because our defense is much weaker after Silava, Nesta and van Bommel. We can cope with Ibra's departure with a dynamic mid and a healthy Pato. Juve don't need an Ibra yet won the Scudetto with great teamwork and work ethnic.

I agree. I think we do need more regista than player who will play in Boateng's position. Until now we don't have a valid option for regista while for player behind two strikers we already have Boateng.

The next need is IMO CB. We already have Bonera, Yepes, Mexes and Acerbi. First two names have been always sub players while Mexes is still not reliable and Acerbi is new comer. It is probably very difficult to find established defender so an 'unknown' player like CB from Ligue 1 winner is good option IMO. A champion and a leader/captain of the team, If I am not mistaken.

For LB position, if there is no quality LB available according to Milan financial ability who could really improve our play, we should just stay with Antonini there with DeSciglio as the contender for Antonini. DeSciglio should get more games in LB position than in RB position since Abate is just better than Antonini. DeSciglio can play as LB and is the first backup for Abate.

I like your opinion about how we should play as a compact, unit team with teamwork as our weapon. Didn't Allegri manage to bring Cagliari to play well with teamwork, compact team or alike?

We don't have player like Ibra now so all players have similar rights on the pitch. A compact team focusing teamwork should be then can be applied in Milan game without any big problem.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-28-2012, 10:23 AM)Ceceves Wrote: It's true he's been left out of the Euros and the Olympics squad, but on both occasions Alba has been the only real LB selected (Arbeloa in the Euros squad can also play LB, though, and at the Olympics they'll probably use a CB as backup).

If the clause is set at €5m it's of course a little better and perhaps it reflects his current market value. But if he plays regularly for Valencia (who are in the CL, are a lot better than Espanyol and get more exposure) and does well - who's to say that figure won't double? You might say then that that's just too bad, we couldn't have foretold that, but if you make clauses in contracts I think you should take such things into account. Returning to Gourcuff, when he went to Bordeaux with a €15m (IIRC) option to buy, that was probably close to his market value at the time, but after a year it wasn't even close, and we lost out big time.

As it turned out the club knew Gourcuff had some "weaknesses" (as Maldini has said), but could probably still have sold him to some PL club for close to €25m that summer when Bordeaux bought him. These days when our management are so obsessed about raking in as much money as possible I just don't understand the Didac deal.

Another matter of course is why we don't give Didac a chance considering our options at LB, maybe management know something we don't like with Gourcuff, but until we hear about that I stand by my opinion that this is a stupid move Sleepy

Doesn't it seem more concerning then that they would rather have players who aren't LBs as backup to Alba rather than Didac? To me that's really worrying.

About Gourcuff, 3 years ago I'd have agreed with you. However, as you said, Maldini made public why he doubted Gourcuff and since then his career has nosedived. If I'm honest, we might have made more money off him, but we could have quite easily have made less, as that season in Bordeaux was clearly a one off where everything worked in his favour. In the end, I look back and think Galliani did the right thing. I also think the club realised he'd have problems, and it's not a question of ability, but mentality.

Somehow, I have a tendency to trust our management in selling players. Sheva, when sold to Chelsea declined badly straight away. Even though it would have probably been a slower process at Milan, they sold him at a time when he was going to decline.

Kaka, once sold to Real has suffered numerous injuries that have killed his career. Ironically, we sold him at the right time as it was that season where Milanlab showed serious signs of decline.

Zlatan imo is a no brainer. For a 31 yr old we got insane money and cut a massive salary off the bill. Additionally, imo it was questionable whether he benefited our team play.

Finally there's Thiago Silva. Until now I've been staunchly against his sale. However, I've been second guessing myself of late. Seeds of doubt have been sewn through the season with complacency against Palermo, Juve and most notably Arsenal. Ironically, in the Arsenal match it was Mexes that acted like the leader rather than Thiago, and that was a little worrying. I watched Brazil-Egypt the other day and the same doubts again showed. In the second half, the Brazil side switched off and Thiago as captain in those times should show leadership and make sure his teammates stay focused. Nothing happened and the defence was shambolic, again Thiago should be leading the backline out there. I'm not saying I think we did the right thing, but I must admit all these incidents have taken place within six months, which isn't a good sign for someone who was meant to be our next leader.