Summer mercato 2012
Please no Kaka. They are practically shoving him out the door at Madrid, so why would we do them a favor and take him (plus, a fair amount of his contract) back? Stupid.
SagrinVade retro me SatanusDevilcool
(07-26-2012, 03:11 AM)xudong Wrote: We should definitely keep Abate. He is after all Italian NT player and I would like for him and De Sciglio to take RB and LB positions. I know that it is not De Sciglio's natural position, but he was very decent against Inter as LB.

Also, Abate is a Milan's own product, so his sale would open another new page of shame for Milan. When Antonini, Toldo, Miccoli, Maccaroni, Oddo etc was sold, it was simply that they could not find a place in this team. Abate as of now would be different.

I agree with you. Abate should stay, he is Milan youth product and has been decent-good at RB position for two seasons and in this range of time showed significant improvement. With DeSciglio as his competitor, he should be worried now and working hard to improve his offensive ability especially his crosses.

DeSciglio can play LB and cross with left back IIRC. He should have role as first choice for RB's sub and fight LB spot with Antonini and Didac (assuming Taiwo and Mesbah will be sold).

We should remember, Abate is the first player coming from Milan academy who can break into starter in Milan first team after the last player did it, Ambrosini.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-26-2012, 04:45 AM)Siregar Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 03:11 AM)xudong Wrote: We should definitely keep Abate. He is after all Italian NT player and I would like for him and De Sciglio to take RB and LB positions. I know that it is not De Sciglio's natural position, but he was very decent against Inter as LB.

Also, Abate is a Milan's own product, so his sale would open another new page of shame for Milan. When Antonini, Toldo, Miccoli, Maccaroni, Oddo etc was sold, it was simply that they could not find a place in this team. Abate as of now would be different.

I agree with you. Abate should stay, he is Milan youth product and has been decent-good at RB position for two seasons and in this range of time showed significant improvement. With DeSciglio as his competitor, he should be worried now and working hard to improve his offensive ability especially his crosses.

DeSciglio can play LB and cross with left back IIRC. He should have role as first choice for RB's sub and fight LB spot with Antonini and Didac (assuming Taiwo and Mesbah will be sold).

We should remember, Abate is the first player coming from Milan academy who can break into starter in Milan first team after the last player did it, Ambrosini.

Unfortunately, it looks like the boy won't have any chance, the fact Taiwo and Mesbah were both used, added to the fact Antonini should be the "natural starter" (for moment), I don't see how Didac Vila will do to fight for a starting spot, as the others are all ahead of him for moment. Worse, they are preferred to him AND despite that, the club tries/tried to sell them, that shows how the Spanish is rated by Allegri and/or management !!

The fact Mesbah refused to move should also show us that the LB for us, this season, will be Antonini and Mesbah (Taiwo should be offered to any club, even if that means we have to give money to the other club).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I read an article on goal.com, and although being goal.com (most their articles I tend not to believe) that Cassano is likely to go to Genoa as they look to replace Palacio.. that would sound good, seeing as kaka is likely to come back to us.. but, this is a deal where I don't know who Genoa would give us in return.. I'd be happy with them signing destros other half then a direct swap but apparently Destro is practically a Roma player...
(07-26-2012, 07:32 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I read an article on goal.com, and although being goal.com (most their articles I tend not to believe) that Cassano is likely to go to Genoa as they look to replace Palacio.. that would sound good, seeing as kaka is likely to come back to us.. but, this is a deal where I don't know who Genoa would give us in return.. I'd be happy with them signing destros other half then a direct swap but apparently Destro is practically a Roma player...

And La Gazetta reports Cassano "is flirting" with Inter ... While Kaka will come back "at home".

If Cassano leaves, we need a striker.

But Cassano to Genoa is something I don't see happening, because it seems he would like to come back to Samp, so why going to the rival ? Well, some might reply me why there are rumours he could go to Inter if he is in Milan, and you would be right !! But the guy never says he loves Milan, he's just one player moving quite regularly actually.
Yes geo the last line of your post is why im optomistic of cassano leaving. I don't think he's ever once said he loves, or even wants to play out his contract with milan. Yes, we did help him with his surgery and from many videos i've seen he seems happy with his team mates etc. But, Cassano is always 30y.o and way past it. I'd rather have a milanista like kaka filling in for him.
What ever happened to sahin rumours? Madrid signed him for 10mln euros if i remember correctly. We should offer the same sum because for 10mln that is a steal, you seriously won't find any better midfielders on the market for that money
Quick question for anyone who watches Bundesliga. I asked in the Shalke thread and figured I might get more responses here, but I was wondering if anyone had seen Gotoku Sakai, who's a young Japanese fullback who can play RB and LB and apparently has really impressed over the past year. I'm pretty curious to see what opinions are.

(07-25-2012, 04:31 PM)reza Wrote: Dev, despite the doom and gloom and even fan anger don't be too surprised if Berlusconi still needs to do his ego thing and end August with a 'positive' (ie expensive signing). Obviously if the financial gloom is real and justified then we should try to sell Robinho, and not buy even, and really start from zero like Allegri alluded to earlier.

If Berlu wants to do an ego thing then he'll we'll end up in the same situation as we did when we bought Ronaldinho (very short term joy with the decision looked at as a mistake afterwards).

If he seriously wants an ego boost, then invest the money in the youth sector and a stadium, meaning the club is self sufficient in producing it's own top level players and is financially secured with sound investments. With this, he'd not only secure his legacy as the saviour of the club (which is how he was viewed in the 80s with his helicopter landings), but he will be the man who made Milan a self sufficient entity and be recognised as probably the greatest club owner in history with his success and ability to run Milan successfully as a business, something which until now is still something most clubs struggle with. With this, even fans who can't stand the guy (Hasan I'm looking in your direction Wink ) will be forced at acknowledge his achievement.

(07-25-2012, 04:43 PM)Warro Bantan Wrote: http://www.football-italia.net/21546/kak...milan-€20m

Seriously? I think I would just forget about SerieA if we actually do this...yet, in truth, I doubt we will.

If we buy Kaka for 20m then must I say I will lose any faith I have left in Galliani and Berlusconi. One of the reasons I hear we're after Kaka is to appease fans after we lost Ibra and Thiago Silva. Problem is, it appears fans are strongly split as to whether he's a good signing or not, so I don't see this signing doing much to appease fans. Instead, I would much rather appreciated hearing the truth as to why we're doing what we are, as Gattuso said the management need to be honest with the fans.

That said, the latest I heard was we're after a year long loan with us paying 5m salary to Kaka (half his current salary). Even then I must admit I'm hesitant.

(07-25-2012, 05:01 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: De Sciglio to Genoa? I'd keep him!

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=86651

I heard Genoa asked about him, but I don't think management will let him go (if they do then they are insane). Thing is, it appears as though Allegri and Tassotti really like the boy and he's already trusted in the first team squad.

There's also the rumours about Abate flying about, mostly fuelled by his agent saying PSG haven't contacted them YET. That said, I think we'll keep him, as he's established himself as a trusted member of the side and is the only player in our defence who has established himself in the first team in recent years.
cassano is really disloyal he's italian so we put up with that attitude and he's good NOT GREAT but good, but we would need a striker either Dzeko or Tevez would have liked to have Kaka' in a 3 Man midfield with Nocerino-Monto-Kaka' then kpb or el sharaawy as trequartista
We all can talk about investing in youth.....but between Maldini and Abate, Milan just had not produced any youth for the first team. I am not sure was it b/c of lack of funding or bad luck but it just shows that Milan is pretty crap with youth development.
(07-26-2012, 10:00 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: We all can talk about investing in youth.....but between Maldini and Abate, Milan just had not produced any youth for the first team. I am not sure was it b/c of lack of funding or bad luck but it just shows that Milan is pretty crap with youth development.

Actually, you're wrong ... Big Grin
Our youth development has been good over the years : just look at the number of players who play in Serie A or Serie B clubs and who come from Milan. Some play in big clubs, others in average clubs, etc.

The problem is that Milan doesn't give them a chance once they are 18-21, and as a consequence, they often do their career far from Milan and we don't even remember these guys were in Milan years before when we face them.

That's something the club has to work on, because unless we have a full team of WC players with almost WC players on the bench (which is, for sure, impossible to do in any club in the world), these players who are able to be starters in average/small clubs of Serie A (or better) could have been the players used for rotation in Milan, and as a consequence, they could have been useful, at least as useful as the average players we buy each season and who will be rotation players (economically, it's not really wise, and anyway, I'm sure these Milan products, if given a chance to play in first team, would be a lot more motivated than most of the players we could buy for the same rotation role, simply because they would love the shirt).