Summer mercato 2012
(07-10-2012, 06:31 PM)Ryo Wrote: Our current squad (if the rumours are to be believed):

GK (3): Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel
DF (8.5): T. Silva, Mexes, Abate, Antonini, Vila, Acerbi, Yepes, Emanuelson, Boneheadra (1/2)
MF (8): Boateng, Nocerino, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Constant, Traore, Flamini, Muntari
FW (5): Cassano, Pato, Robinho, Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy

Total of 24.5 First teamers....
The only rumours I'm interested in are the Kolarov and Dzeko rumours, and even if both come, our squad will only be 26.5 players. Shouldn't that be just perfect? Big Grin

according to your logic, Pato is a half player, Flamini is two-tenths, Emanuelson as a defender probably counts at 0.1. That should further bring down our squad size to 22.3 players. Big Grin Icon_lol2
aka xudong
Not extremely happy about our team as is, but what can you do? It's a Global Depression, which is deepening every week, every month. Unemployment in America is nearly 21%, and Europe also very bad. Spain has 50% unemployment for people under the age of 27, and roughly 28% for all adults. God only knows how they manage to sell tickets, but they do...

Given all of the bad news, I have still stated numerous times how if I were Galliani, I could field a VERY good team for the 2012-2013 season without going into any funds if at all. Sell all this crap, and buy quality players. If we have a squad of 25 players, and we have an injury crisis, TOO BAD. Fire your Physio, or stop going on trips to Dubai.

Here is what it is shaping up to be:

GK: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel
DF: T.Silva, Mexes, Acerbi, Antonini, Abate, Bonera, Yepes, De Sciglio, Vila, Emanuelson
MF: Boateng, Montolivo, Nocerino, Flamini, Traore, Constant, Muntari, Ambrosini
ST: Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Pato, Robinho, El Shaaraway

Assuming Taiwo will be sold for between 6-7M Euros, I find it unnecesary to have 5 CB's and 5/6 FB's. I would get rid of either Mexes, Bonera, or I would have never re-signed Yepes with Acerbi coming. Also, with De Sciglio very much ready to flank for Abate, I would not need 3 useless LB's. I would try Vila and Urby at LB, and sell Antonini. If Vila or Urby can't make it, sell them and bring in a real one (which should have been done years ago).

In midfield, I don't know anything about Constant or Traore, I think they're just Free Signings, but Wtf? they're here already. I hate Flamini, and the fact we signed Muntari given he's injured until January and may never recover is just Facepalm
I say we sell Robinho or Pato and use the funds to buy an Anchor. It's not necessary to have 5 Strikers.

------------------------------Ibrahimovic-------------
--------------Cassano--------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
------------------------Boateng----------------------
---------Nocerino-------------------Montolivo--------
-----------------------CDM???-------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Vila--------------------------------------------Abate
------------------T.Silva-------Mexes------------------
-------------------------Abbiati-------------------------

It's not bad. If we get a Great Player for CDM with Selling Taiwo & Robinho/Pato, I'm all for it.
I still find it strange how hard it is for Galliani to let go crappy players. It is almost that our crappy players have to beg for Galliani to release them. Facepalm

Global depression certainly makes it hard to any club to remain competitive, but Galliani is absolutely not innocent with his outdated management skills. Even without cash, there is much potential in this team for Galliani to pull off a decent mercato, as you prescribed in your post.

I personally would offload Mexes and Robinho, but I understand that neither is willing to leave. I would trust Pato for one more season (he after all has his young age on his side), but if he has to be sacrificed, I am all game. The only player I would hold on to is Thiago Silva. Everybody else is touchable, including Ibrahimovic.
aka xudong
Apparently Man City have agreed a fee with Milan over Ibra. The medical will be Wednesday.

The announcement was on City's official site then taken down.

So I guess tutto aperto applied to Ibra. Silva will def stay now. No way will he leave. If this is all true that is.

I think we will most likely use most of the money for our debt, and we will probably try for Tevez or even RVP. Who knows...

Also if this is all true, then it's fine as well. Ibra will be 31 in a few months and he earns a big chunk of money. I like him, but it is what it is.

It is a plaintive feeling to learn that Italian football is not what it used to be but I am optimistic still. Hopefully there is good in all of this, and we will buy the San Siro and slowly start climbing up the revenue table.

The funds aren't there but potential for a good mercato is there nonetheless, just that it all depends on who we let go. Letting go Ibra and/or T.Silva obviously frees up a lot of cash but clearly it means we have to compensate for the loss of our two most important players. Then there are smaller options, realistically and based on recent rumors:

- Robinho. We could probably cash in 15 mln for him maybe more, which could make way for an anchor or new forward (something I wouldn't quite understand). It seems like Robinho isn't interested in Malaga but Santos is still on the horizon. Would obviously make Ganso a possibility.
- At least of our LBs; Mesbah, Taiwo and Didac Vila. The former is already on his way out though only on a co-ownership or loan with option/obligation, so we wont cash in on him fully now. Taiwo seems on his way out too, probably for more than 5 mln. At this point we can wonder whether we should go for a new LB (but what options are there really aside from Balzaretti who isn't interested?) or be satisfied with Vila-Antonini-Urby(-De Sciglio) as options. If we lose Vila too then things can get interesting, but I'd like to see what he's all about.

Other than these two there are obviously questionable players; but I don't know how much we can make from them other than shaving off wage costs. Another goldmine is Pato, but it seems we are interested in keeping him for another season (and rightly so IMHO).
Really interesting development on Ibrahimovic. Will wait until Wednesday (medical) to comment further.

aka xudong
I don't think it's true xudong...if i had to make a guess
(07-10-2012, 09:45 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Not extremely happy about our team as is, but what can you do? It's a Global Depression, which is deepening every week, every month. Unemployment in America is nearly 21%, and Europe also very bad. Spain has 50% unemployment for people under the age of 27, and roughly 28% for all adults. God only knows how they manage to sell tickets, but they do...

Given all of the bad news, I have still stated numerous times how if I were Galliani, I could field a VERY good team for the 2012-2013 season without going into any funds if at all. Sell all this crap, and buy quality players. If we have a squad of 25 players, and we have an injury crisis, TOO BAD. Fire your Physio, or stop going on trips to Dubai.

Here is what it is shaping up to be:

GK: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel
DF: T.Silva, Mexes, Acerbi, Antonini, Abate, Bonera, Yepes, De Sciglio, Vila, Emanuelson
MF: Boateng, Montolivo, Nocerino, Flamini, Traore, Constant, Muntari, Ambrosini
ST: Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Pato, Robinho, El Shaaraway

Assuming Taiwo will be sold for between 6-7M Euros, I find it unnecesary to have 5 CB's and 5/6 FB's. I would get rid of either Mexes, Bonera, or I would have never re-signed Yepes with Acerbi coming. Also, with De Sciglio very much ready to flank for Abate, I would not need 3 useless LB's. I would try Vila and Urby at LB, and sell Antonini. If Vila or Urby can't make it, sell them and bring in a real one (which should have been done years ago).

In midfield, I don't know anything about Constant or Traore, I think they're just Free Signings, but Wtf? they're here already. I hate Flamini, and the fact we signed Muntari given he's injured until January and may never recover is just Facepalm
I say we sell Robinho or Pato and use the funds to buy an Anchor. It's not necessary to have 5 Strikers.

------------------------------Ibrahimovic-------------
--------------Cassano--------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------
------------------------Boateng----------------------
---------Nocerino-------------------Montolivo--------
-----------------------CDM???-------------------------
Vila--------------------------------------------Abate
------------------T.Silva-------Mexes------------------
-------------------------Abbiati-------------------------

It's not bad. If we get a Great Player for CDM with Selling Taiwo & Robinho/Pato, I'm all for it.

It would be ungrateful for Muntari if we rejected him (after all he's done or us, and given his situations with Inter, and considering that he can play again in January, not kinda like injured forever), and it is the thing that made me support this Milan, not another club.

And Taiwo for 6-7M? Hahaha. I hope you're kidding.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Yes. I'm glad we sold Ibrahimovic if we did, really he's a great player but we need to move on he's 31 years old and in our current financial state we're not the team to keep a player whos actually worth something now.

Maybe Balotelli in return?

Taiwo 6-7m is something I'd laugh at too zvonimir, but with galliani thats probably what he values him at. Keep in mind half of mesbah will be bought for something like 1.6mln or something meaning he'd be worth 3.2mln.. mesbah??!?

Also, selling ibrahimovic would be the smartest thing. The wages he frees up can pay balotelli and hamsiks wage + pay for balotellis transfer fee.

If it were up to me, I wouldn't sell Robinho rather I'd sell Ibra. Ibra has huge wages and is a big liability on a broke team like us, sure if we had all the money in the world I'd say keep ibra and sell robinho of course, there is not the slightest doubt ibrahimovic offers much more then robinho in every aspect(then again if we were a rich club i'd say keep everyone and keep buyingBig Grin )
But, robinho next year or two years from now can still be sold for 15mln, plus we won't lose a ton of money on his wages. With ibra, at his age all it takes is one poor season for his price to drop and when it does it wont be a nice drop, it'll be like a 30mln to 10mln drop imo
I am not sold on Balotelli (maybe mainly due to his lack of self-discipline, and we all know how important it is for a professional athlete). Also, at this point our attacking department seems quite full. Even with Ibrahimovic departing, I would rather gamble on Pato for one season, and bring in someone who could complement him well.

It certainly does not seem a good time to bring in more 'bad boys' when you consider we just retired so many old guards from the locker room.
aka xudong