Summer mercato 2012
he also said that last year!
Really? I know that he said that "market is closed" every month, but "very closed"? That's classic, like "hitting the post should count as half a goal" stuff. Icon_lol2
aka xudong
It's so closed it's actually open
(07-04-2012, 07:28 PM)reza Wrote: It's so closed it's actually open

Well now, I was so worried that we would actually stop buying players, but Galliani has renewed my hopes once again with his pointless power-play speech. Sagrin
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(07-04-2012, 08:30 PM)Ryo Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 07:28 PM)reza Wrote: It's so closed it's actually open

Well now, I was so worried that we would actually stop buying players, but Galliani has renewed my hopes once again with his pointless power-play speech. Sagrin

I miss the days when we used to do that...
(07-04-2012, 08:58 PM)LebRN Wrote:
(07-04-2012, 08:30 PM)Ryo Wrote: Well now, I was so worried that we would actually stop buying players, but Galliani has renewed my hopes once again with his pointless power-play speech. Sagrin

I miss the days when we used to do that...

Well the last one we did was Nocerino for 500K, but I get your point.Okmilan
Lol its funny that so many, even media has grown so accustomed to Gallianis BS that even though he's said the markets closed like 5 times now links are still flying all over the place and not one of us are mad nor believe him hahahaBig Grin

On cesar, he did say he would accept being 2nd GK because Handanovic is a great player, he was also asked about Milan and all he had to say was Milan? Nothing is official. I would NOT be against this by any means, Cesar is two years younger then Abbiati and has always been a better GK, but Abbiati or Amelia surely have to leave. WE signed some fiorentina keeper or something like that (fiorentinas 2nd GK I believe) and we signed Gabriel, thats 2 + abbiati and amelia 4 GK right now
Jube just signed Lucio for 2yrs.
(07-05-2012, 09:55 AM)edysim Wrote: Jube just signed Lucio for 2yrs.

And Lucio will come back and bite Inter in the arse for it.
Galliani's comments are pointless. Why say our market is closed all the time when it's obvious that things are still likely to happen. Personally, I think it's safe to assume that we do need to sell before buying right now, getting rid of players like Mesbah and Taiwo, maybe others too.

If in his shoes, I'd either say nothing at all, meaning rumours continue flying around and the club gets a lot of free publicity, or I'd constantly make calls for every player that seems available, like Van Persie or Kaka. It might irritate fans when we don't get these players, but the club would get insane publicity and moreso it'd drive the price of these players up when competitors try to buy them, though there's the obvious risk that we inflate the market by doing this.

(07-04-2012, 03:46 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I am not for rules to protect local players, as I believe if they got talents they will proceed with their career. I think clubs should just concentrate on the development of players instead of just send them out on loan and let them develop themselves. I think the league itself should allow clubs to have a B team that compete in Serie C or even B.

You would think this to be true, but I simply don't think it's the case. Clubs often look at the value of players and get put off as they know they can get a cheaper alternative abroad (notably South America) or they simply don't trust their youth.

For the latter, you don't need to look further than guys like Giovinco and Nocerino. We lucked out with Nocerino last summer and he's finally got his break, but ultimately both are Juve youth products and neither has been given a fair chance at Juve despite both being talented players (especially Giovinco). Instead the club always decided to go for other players who they thought could brind more immediate success. Inter are guilty of the same with a guy like Santon, who again is full of potential but was discarded when inconsistency hit his form (which is normal for a youngster). We too, with players like Astori have gone towards the market for immediate success than trying to build our own.

Astori is a great example actually. We had the chance to him back the other summer and we didn't, instead we eventually waited for Mexes. While bringing in Astori would have come at a cost, we would have recouped a lot of the money as his wages would undoubtably be lower than Mexes and he has more potential to be a regular starter ahead of the ageing and error prone Mexes. Not only do we get a longer term prospect for our squad that is homegrown and potentially a national team player, we eventually probably spend a similar amount to what we're going to spend on Mexes over the same period.

Which leads me to the other reason why I want to see these sorts of rules put in place, in that they don't just protect locally developed players, but it also protects the clubs from their own stupidity or even cynicism. Essentially, with these rules we would hopefully see less idiotic and irresponsible spending from clubs for their own players, as with us and Borriello in the past or Juve with Giovinco. This isn't to say it will stop it completely, but hopefully it would mean clubs think ahead more often rather than getting rid of players only to realise a couple of years down the line that they actually should have kept them. It would hopefully also control player contracts a little better, as I'm pretty sure that players from abroad generally end up costing more in salaries than local talents and particularly homegrown players. Whilst some players might still earn high, as we've seen at Milan with our investments in players like Abate, Merkel, Strasser, Antonini and Acerbi, these players are generally more accomodating with their contracts. Doing this would have helped clubs like Inter in recent years, instead of them ending up in the gutter as they are.

It would also control clubs like Udinese better, who act purely as businesses, but offer little in the way supporting Italian football in the forseeable future. They constantly buy foreign talents which they develop into exciting players before looking to sell them on to the highest bidder. It's a business model I've complimented in the recent past, but we can't ignore that this desperately hurts Italian football which needs to be competitive in Europe. Whilst these rules would slow Udinese's development as a club (although there would be enough freedom to allow them to continue with their growth), it would mean they think twice before selling in terms of who they should sell and who should be kept.