Summer mercato 2012
Yeah I also don't get why someone thinks that Motta is doing good! He's the worst of the midfielders and I think any of Montolivo, Diamanti, or even Giovinco or Nocerino (albeit different players and positions) could contribute much more to the team.
Juventus reigned in last Serie A with a midfield (and defense and to a certain extent, offense too) that is basically just like the now struggling Italian NT, only Italian NT midfield is actually better (Pirlo - Marchisio - and De Rossi for Vidal).... it shows how weak Serie A currently.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(06-19-2012, 10:29 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Juventus reigned in last Serie A with a midfield (and defense and to a certain extent, offense too) that is basically just like the now struggling Italian NT, only Italian NT midfield is actually better (Pirlo - Marchisio - and De Rossi for Vidal).... it shows how weak Serie A currently.

I disagree with you on this one ...

In Juventus, Pirlo has Marchisio and Vidal who make runs forward, with the FBs going forward too and giving him solutions, and of course, depending on what moment you take the picture of Juventus during the season, he had 3 players forward or sometimes 2 (3 when they played 4-3-3 and 2 when they played 3-5-2).

You can't compare both midfields simply because the organization around them is not the same ...

And anyway, De Rossi is maybe better than Vidal, but it's not the same kind of player, De Rossi doesn't make runs forward, he tends to prefer standing near Pirlo and make the passes instead ...

To have the same kind of midfield, Nocerino would have to replace De Rossi as Nocerino is very similar to Vidal (running a lot, making the runs forward) ...

At the end, the best for Italy would maybe be to keep both Pirlo and De Rossi together in midfield, having Noce and Marchisio going forward and coming back when necessary (box to box), and have the two strikers forward, knowing that Di Natale and Cassano doesn't really work ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
ITalian NT isnt struggling imo, all the games were played very well and we were unlucky not to beat both spain and croatia. we played well against ireland and we made it through, so i disagree that were "struggling"

being the best defensive team in the world doesn't mean struggling, it just means a lot of games will be 1-0 or 1-1 and so on

Even if italy had a bad national team, which they still have brains when it comes to tactics
Well, Spain got a better defensive records than Italy.

Honestly, this Euro in general is disappointing, maybe b/c my Dutch team got KO, but I think the overall quality has dropped. On top of that, none of the teams seem to have that champion swagger or WE ARE THE TEAM TO BEAT.... To me, Spain is still ahead of all the other teams, if only they are more direct near the box.
Quickly, I agree and disagree Geo. I agree about your points on Juve and Italy, but I don't agree Nocerino can do what Vidal does. Vidal is MUCH better at pressing opponents and winning the ball back, which Nocerino is actually surprisingly weak at.

Gabriel, I think the Euros have been good personally, I'm enjoying them, though it does lack a little sparkle. With all due respect to Poland and Ukraine, I think the atmosphere, or lack of, is partly the reason why.

Getting back to our mercato, Galliani has said that Kaka won't be back 100% and Boateng hasn't been requested by Real. Tuttosport on the other hand says we want only cash for Boateng and rejected an offer of Sahin and Diarra (and I think cash) for Boateng.

The Acerbi mess almost seems sorted now. Agnelli was asked about any recent bid and he pointed to Galliani and said "he'll sign him". Also, Genoa have apparently gained full ownership of the player according to Sky Sports. That means he's all but ours now. Chievo said they haven't dealt with us about him, but I won't be surprised if we see a little gift like Paloschi continuing with them next season, if not selling Paloschi fully to them.
Reports say that Genoa acquired the 2nd half of Acerbi for 4mio and that we will be buying half his rights and not taking him on loan with option to buy. So how much will Genoa want to make on this 1st half? Sell it for 5mio and make 1 quick mio in one week and then see how much the other half will cost us next year if he plays well...

Icon_lol2
(06-19-2012, 01:29 PM)LebRN Wrote: Reports say that Genoa acquired the 2nd half of Acerbi for 4mio and that we will be buying half his rights and not taking him on loan with option to buy. So how much will Genoa want to make on this 1st half? Sell it for 5mio and make 1 quick mio in one week and then see how much the other half will cost us next year if he plays well...

Wouldn't blame them if that's the plan. We get players from them, but not necessarily cheaply. Either we will buy him outright and they make a fair profit, or he'll go back to them and they have what is one of Italy's most promising defenders. If they get full ownership back from us for whatever reason, then I wouldn't doubt there will be people after him. Basically, this whole scenario has worked out quite well for them.
Almost acting as our intermediary, my guess is in every other country other than Italy we would be under full investigation by now.