Summer mercato 2012
Elmago, I don't think Nesta's comment about Ancelotti is a swipe at Allegri, it makes complete sense. It was under Carlo most of our senators had their most memorable victories and they'll probably remember those times more than their time under Allegri, who they've only had 2 seasons under (in comparison to the 7 with Carlo). If Sandro didn't say Carlo, then I'd be pretty shocked tbh.
Did Nesta say Ancelotti was the "best" or the "most important" coach of his career? I have seen both versions. Either way, it was a true and fair evaluation, and there is nothing wrong with that.
aka xudong
(05-10-2012, 02:49 PM)xudong Wrote: Did Nesta say Ancelotti was the "best" or the "most important" coach of his career? I have seen both versions. Either way, it was a true and fair evaluation, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Nesta: "Ancelotti was the most important coach in my career, not only because of what we won but also due to his personal characteristics."

Nesta: "To start a new winning cycle, Milan must find the right people. People like Pirlo and Seedorf who have done so much for Milan. They must buy new players and keep their stars. I do not know what they will do"

Nesta: "Milan must create a group of serious professionals and winners in order to start winning again."

Nesta: "I don't know what the future will look like for Milan, because a lot of players will be leaving Milan now."

Nesta: "I hope that Thiago Silva will become better than me and achieve more with Milan than I did."

Nesta: "It wasn't a long conversation when I called Galliani to explain my decision. It only took 5 minutes."

Nesta: "If it's true that I said that "Messi is too fast for me"? No, I didn't say that."

Nesta: "I will always root for Lazio and Milan."
SIGN OGBONNA ! FOR 10 MILL ITS A STEAL !
(05-10-2012, 03:07 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
Nesta: "Ancelotti was the most important coach in my career, not only because of what we won but also due to his personal characteristics."

Nesta: "To start a new winning cycle, Milan must find the right people. People like Pirlo and Seedorf who have done so much for Milan. They must buy new players and keep their stars. I do not know what they will do"

Nesta: "Milan must create a group of serious professionals and winners in order to start winning again."

Nesta: "I don't know what the future will look like for Milan, because a lot of players will be leaving Milan now."

Nesta: "I hope that Thiago Silva will become better than me and achieve more with Milan than I did."

Nesta: "It wasn't a long conversation when I called Galliani to explain my decision. It only took 5 minutes."

Nesta: "If it's true that I said that "Messi is too fast for me"? No, I didn't say that."

Nesta: "I will always root for Lazio and Milan."

It is quite sad that when Nesta is leaving, he does not see a clear and bright future for Milan. Our management should feel ashamed.

It reminds me of us letting Pirlo leave but failing to find adequate replacement.
aka xudong
In Galli's words, Mr. x is actually Nocerino, just look at how he scored 10goals, most goals by a mid since Kaka.
Sky Sport here in Croatia

[Image: ACMilansquad_Kopia.jpg]
Also Mesbah is being sold to Atalanta or Siena, and Robinho seems to be gone to Santos. Doesnt seem we have plan to buy anyone, WOW we may be a mid-table team next year.
^ Not even Galliani and Berlusconi are that bad. Nesta will be replaced, the problem is what kind of quality. The squad is big and some of the mids leaving will not replaced but Nesta's spot is different.
Now that Nesta's gone, we definitely need to buy a CB. I don't see us buying a fullback..we'll probably believe that we're covered with De Sciglio, Abate, Antonini and Bonera. We'll probably buy some sort of attacking player. I pray it's a midfielder but we'll see. I guess we also have to wait and see whose contracts get renewed. I'm highly anticipating Galliani's end of year press conference and what he has to say about the transfer market. Silly season is almost here!
Siamo a posto cosi.
(05-10-2012, 04:41 PM)BINHO Wrote: Sky Sport here in Croatia

[Image: ACMilansquad_Kopia.jpg]
Also Mesbah is being sold to Atalanta or Siena, and Robinho seems to be gone to Santos. Doesnt seem we have plan to buy anyone, WOW we may be a mid-table team next year.

Just a reminder: The transfer window hasn't opened yet and it's 4 months left until it's closing. I can't guarantee a perfect mercato, not by any means, but I still feel it's a bit early to start digging our graves... Devilol