Summer mercato 2012
40m wow
i thought his price is around 20m or 30m atleast
It was Porto. They (and Lyon) always screw other teams when it comes to transfers.

But now Falcao's value must have gone up crazily.
aka xudong
Well, when you look at Falcao stats, and how he has been playing this season. Given his age and a pretty injury free history, maybe 40m was a bit overprice last summer but he is worth the money.
Falcao is a great player but imo idont think he's a player we'd look at , simply because of his pricetag..

BTW guys Nesta pretty much confirmed his departure to ny red bulls this summer, ontop of that Van bommel is pretty much confirmed to have signed for PSV.. not a good start for our renew-releases imho because there two of 3 players i actually wanted to resign.

someone a couple pages ago said they rate abate top 10 rb in the world, so do i..

guys abate was great for us last season and really stepped up, this year he made two costly mistakes in the derbys but other then that he's been good.. hes young, fast, can cross although i notice we barely capatalize in the air, ontop of that we dont need to look for RBs, if we need a rb better then abate were going to have to spend big money because i cant name too many more, and if i can they are mostly old. abates week defensively, but at his age CB's even lack experience is what it really is, if you look at his qualities though he has it all to succeed even at that.. defenders , unlike attackers and midfielders need experience for them to be the best in the business or else its unavoidable that they make the odd mistakes.
Maybe we could just renew Ambrosini (or Gattuso), and release everyone that is out of contract.

That would be a real overhaul. Sad, but exciting at the same time. I personally don't remember any summer like that, even in the summer of 2008. It was rumored that every player on Milan roster could leave (including Maldini), and the only two players confirmed for the following seasons were Bierhoff (he did join) and Boksic (turned out that he didn't even join, LOL). At the end of summer, it was just reform instead of revolution. Milan still had a lousy squad (though winning the scudetto magically in that season).

Could this summer be the first one?
aka xudong
This summer is different mainly due to the size of the squad and most of the out of contracts players did not feature much in the season.

Yepes, Pippo, Flamini, Roma, Zambro and Gattuso were all either injured or not good enough to play.
From a financial/MGT point of view, the question being ask is, if these players are healthy, could they help the team achieve more. Sadly, the answer is no. Therefore, they are not needed. ON top of that, Milan don't need to find replacements for these 6 players since the total minutes they played were less than 700mins.

Slowdorf and Ambro were pretty much in squad rotation and not starters. Their wages are way too high for these type of players.

MVB and Nesta were the only starters but due to their age and injuries, they could not give 100% game in and game out.

Then you have Aqua, Urby, Mexes, Bonera, Taiwo, Mesbah and Lopez, who just not good enough for Milan or like above too expensive for a squad player.

Make sense to clear them all out and let new blood in.

(05-09-2012, 06:45 PM)LebRN Wrote: btw, just an update of what you guys have decided so far based on the polls:

to Renew or Release:
http://milanmania.com/forum/showthread.p...273&page=3

The general consensus is for only Nesta to stay & release everybody else (9 players out)

to Sign on Permanent Basis:
http://milanmania.com/forum/showthread.p...274&page=2

The general consensus is to keep SES, Merkel & Muntari (2 players out)

to Sell:
http://milanmania.com/forum/showthread.p...275&page=2

The general consensus is to sell Bonera, Mesbah, Taiwo & Robinho (4 players out, but technically just 3 as Taiwo is not included in the official Milan squad of 33)

So, so far, we will be cutting down the squad by 14 players (excluding Taiwo) in total to go down from 33 to 19 and then we will have to buy 6-8 new players to get to 25-27 players squad....that will be part two of the polls Smile

Agree with everything, except I will add Mexes, Pato and Urby in the sell list too.
I don't think to release all old guards are a good idea especially who has played with Milan so many years AND still can give quality performance like Nesta and Ambrosini. Players like them are needed to be the leaders, the seniors or someone the younger players give respect for. Football is not only about the quality of the team but also about the teamwork among them and a teamwork need a leader, not just a player with a captain armband, not only on the field but also in the locker room.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Agree but it is not like Milan will have a whole of bunch 20 ys old playing for them. Cassano, Abbiatti, Urby, Amelia, Ibra, Silva, Nocerino, Muntari, Boateng, Antonini and even Abate are all between 5-11 pro exp at the highest level of football. On top of that, all of them except Antonini had played in the Senior side of their countries.
They are, but only Abbati (who is starter material) has played long with Milan. All other mentioned players are still pretty new Milan players. I still think, they need a leader and I doubt Abbiati is enough. Two of Nesta, Ambrosini and Gattuso should stay IMO. If Nesta has to leave (his own decision), Ambro and Gattuso should stay.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
We were linked to Matias Silvestre in the past. I haven't seen him play much this season, could he be a solution for central defence when/if Nesta leaves? At least he seems to be available and wanting to stay in Italy:

http://www.football-italia.net/18646/sil...lermo-exit
Maybe we should try and steal Jan Vertonghen from Spurs? How hard could it be? 10 million Euros seems like a good deal for someone like him. Devilcool

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusiv...x-defender

4 million pounds for Van Der Wiel? I guess that would be a bargain for most clubs, but we're probably set for right back with Abate and De Sciglio.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusiv...n-der-wiel