Summer mercato 2012
(05-09-2012, 07:22 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I am against loaning youngster out to gain more exp....b/c look at Barca, did they loan out Pedro, Sergio, Iniesta, Messi, Thiago to other teams in order for them to gain 1st exp. I think Milan should just play them with other regular starters and slowly bring them into the team. I really can't see why De Sciglio cannot play with Nesta, Silva and Abate against Lecce in San Siro with MVB in front of the defense. Or when leading 2-0 with 30 mins to go, Merkel can't come in for Boateng or Cassano.

I am not sure about all of them but as far as I know, a young player in Barca got experience first in B team before playing regularly in the first team CMIIW. Playing in Barca B and in small team in Serie A is similar, both are useful for young players to gain experience. MU do similar thing, playing youth with reserve team (second team).

We can't expect much from youngster without experience except the player is a wonder kid or super talent because we strive for a trophy. Even a Pirlo played with Brescia before playing with Milan (in Milan he still struggled in his first year to play as starter).

Either Italy make new regulation to let B team compete in lower level League (Serie C and B) or we have to send our young players out so that they get experience before they come back to Milan.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(05-08-2012, 09:05 PM)xudong Wrote: The risky move of having a small roster is the potential injury impact. Currently MilanLab does not seem up for the job. Imagine we somehow have a healthy Silva, Hernanes, and Pato for the next season, supplemented with healthy Nesta, healthy Boateng, "give a damn" Ibrahimovic, and "derby error free" Abate. Wallbang

And, is Dede even in our radar? Huh I heard no link whatsoever.

Large rosters are difficult to manage and costly. It makes sense to reduce our squad size, as this season it's been way too big. Our injury crisis this season shouldn't reoccur either, I'm certain there will be stringent controls put in place this summer to prevent this sort of stuff happening again.

Not sure how we'll get a "derby error free" Abate though, it just seems certain that when a derby comes he'll do something stupid. Big Grin

About Dede, we've been linked with him in the past. I'm not aware of any real links lately and he's come out to say that Thiago Silva's the best defender in the world, but he's not in any rush to leave Brazil.

(05-08-2012, 09:05 PM)Mystik Wrote: I agree with promoting and keeping De Sciglio. He can easily do the job of Antonini/Zambrotta but for half the cost. However, we keep throwing these kids to Serie C1 and C2 never to be heard of again. What ever happened to Guerci? I remember he was one of our top youth prospects from 4 or so years ago..nowhere to be seen now. Antonelli was a similar case, putting in good performances at LB only to be benched by Carlo. Gourcuff is a story I'm tired of discussing.

Props to Allegri for having faith in De Sciglio..and I hope this trend continues. Hernanes is welcomed news as well. Finally a good link for a change..

Pretty much agree with you completely. We should show a little more faith in our youth, at least giving them a solid role in our squad, rather than just putting them in the squad but not actually using them.
I think a squad of 25 players are pretty healthy and competitive. Afterall, I am pretty sure all powerhouses in Europe have around 25 players in their squad. Only Milan got 35, which is 10 more than they need. On top of that, I really don't see why they need a 3rd GK nomatter how low he earns. It must be extremely bad luck that both the keepers are out injured and beside, the difference between someone like Roma and Milan youth team GK is probably age.
Gabriel, looking at your point I decided to take a look at squad sizes of top clubs around Europe and these are the results (based on squad lists on official sites).

Barca - 22
Real - 23
Man U - 32
Man C - 25
Bayern - 24
Dortmund - 26
Juve - 25
Inter - 31
Milan - 33

Obviously we have the biggest squad, with only Inter and United reaching anywhere near us. The rest range from 22 (which is probably smaller than most coaches would want) to 26 (25 or 26 is ideal imo). This gives us an idea of what we should be aiming for this summer in terms of trimming our squad.
United actually got tons of their youths to fill in for a game here and there, thus I really would just put them at around 26.

I am not surprised that Inter got a huge squad too, since like Milan, they are an old team and also play half of their games at San Siro.
@ Xudong

Here is Flamini link but I heard it from my cousin who lives in Italy. He watches all of the SKY channels and gives me up to minute news. Apparently Flamini has already rejected this offer (madness on his part)
http://martina22acm.wordpress.com/2012/0...extension/

MilanDiavolo News ‏ @MilanDiavolo

HERNANES' AGENT: "We've met with Lotito and he told us that he definitely doesnt wants to sell him"[/b]

[Image: 42720781.png]

[b]
SKY reports the following players whom Juventus are trying to sign:
Van Persie, Higuain, Suarez, Damiao, Ben Arfa, Giovinco.

http://sport.sky.it/sport/calciomerc..._acquisti.html

Twitter

TRAORE'S AGENT: "There are no doubts about Bakaye's move to Milan, he is already Milan player since 2 months ago"
TRAORE'S AGENT: "He'll be a Milan player in 100%. He's very happy and excited. He's looking forward to go to Milano and play"

ESCLUSIVA MN - Giovanni Lodetti: "La Società farà un grande colpo per i tifosi.

Giovanni Lodetti: Milan will buy one Great Player for next year to keep Team morale up...but that's it.

According to GDS, Milan plans to use De Sciglio as starting RB next year.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Merkel will go back to Genoa, Maxi Lopez to Catania, and Aquilani to Liverpool. As for Strasser, he's already been told he will go to Torino for Ogbonna (He's not too happy).

Also, Milan are very close to Donnarumma for 3rd GK and Roma will stay on as GK Coach.

RUMOR: Tognaccini, Athletic Fitness Coach, would be considered as the one to be blamed for the injuries, so he would be sacked when the season ends. Allegri has offered a new Athletic coach for next year (From Cagliari).

According to SkySports Italia, Mesbah will go to either Siena or Atalanta and will be gone the first few days of the Transfer Window in June.

Also, Giovinco will go to Juventus OR Napoli.

Milannews.it:
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?ac...tmw=351141

"Ambrosini to Stay, Van Bommel to Go"

Lastly, Flamini is rejected 1.7 M in Milan and will sign 2 M in OM.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like Nesta wants to go to the USA and Galliani is begging him to stay. Flamini will be gone for sure with Seedorf and Inzagi, Lopez, and Aquilani. Yepes will be renewed with Gattuso and Ambrosini.

If Van Bommel goes, and it sounds like he will, we will need to buy a CDM, but don't expect anyone good. According to this Milan inside source, Galliani told Ibra we will buy 1 TOP player, I am assuming it will be Tevez OR a midfielder such as Hernanes. The problem is Hernanes' asking price is 25M which is ridiculous. This could end up being an awful Mercato, especially we are giving away Strasser & Merkel, not to mention Aquilani.
Great summary Elmago, really appreciate it.

Does anybody here watch Ogbonna regularly? Is he good enough to be considered as a starter? I know that he's been called up to Italy NT eventhough he plays in serie B, but so was Maccarone in the past and he's far from good IMO.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Thanks, ElMago. That was wonderful summary of news. Okmilan

At Flamini, I wonder why he would turn down a 1.75M from Milan just to go back to Marseille for 2M. If anything, OM fans and Arsenal fans probably hate him more than Milan fans do. Is an annual 0.25M worth all the extra hatred? Big Grin

And I hate that Lotito, he always tries to make our life harder. That's not a secret. Angry
aka xudong
Great stuff, ElMago, thanks.

No hate toward Lotito, as he has every right to hold onto Hernanes. Also, I think 25mil for him is a good askign price, as we all know asking price means little, 18mil is a fair deal for him.

Can't believe Merkel is heading back, and Milan is going to renew Ambro, Yepes, Flamini and MVB. What's wrong with that picture.

As for Gattuso, I really hope Anzhi comes in with a good offer and we all bid farewell to him.

Come on Galli, have some balls and say goodbye to all the old guards along with Mexes, Robinho, Pato and Bonera but Nesta stays and sign players like Hernanes, Dede, Ogbonna, Honda and Tevez or Van Persie.
(05-09-2012, 04:05 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Great stuff, ElMago, thanks.

No hate toward Lotito, as he has every right to hold onto Hernanes. Also, I think 25mil for him is a good askign price, as we all know asking price means little, 18mil is a fair deal for him.

Can't believe Merkel is heading back, and Milan is going to renew Ambro, Yepes, Flamini and MVB. What's wrong with that picture.

As for Gattuso, I really hope Anzhi comes in with a good offer and we all bid farewell to him.

Come on Galli, have some balls and say goodbye to all the old guards along with Mexes, Robinho, Pato and Bonera but Nesta stays and sign players like Hernanes, Dede, Ogbonna, Honda and Tevez or Van Persie.

That already occurred (was it one or two summers ago?). Gattuso decided to stay. I do appreciate his loyalty though. He is that type of player that even I know that he is going to suck on field but still wouldn't mind keeping him in the team. Of course if he leaves, it may be a win-win situation.
aka xudong