Summer mercato 2012
(04-04-2012, 08:06 PM)ElMago99 Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 07:08 PM)Jeff Wrote: I don't have the stats with me, but Milan played just as well with or without IBra. The style of play is different though.

I'm against selling Ibra. Buying him (will) bring us two Scudetto - with the absence of Cassano till this weekend (which everybody seems to have forgotten how important Cassano is to us). "he has failed to deliver in the big games and in Europe. He simply lacks the movement and dynamism to cause good defenders problems. If Milan want to get to the top level they have to take a more holistic and team approach and I personally don't believe that this can be achieved with Ibra." I might have agreed with you two years ago before Ibra joined, but when you look at IBra this season at Champion League, this point is totally not valid. He might not have scored enough goals against the bigger team, but he has drawn defender's attention, made enough assists, and win. Example include assisting Robinho (against Arsenal; also scored a goal from the PK that he earned) and Nocerino (against Barca).

So I'm not too entirely sure if 'selling Ibra' will be it. I actually think we need to figure out what's going on with injury. I thought that should be our highest priority.

p.s.: I'm more surprised that you weren't able to hold an unbiased view about Barca's second penalty, given that you have followed both Milan and Barca for 20 years (assuming that means you are a fan for both teams). Clearly, you love one team more so than the other (which is OK because we all do).

There's only one team i Follow, and it's name is AC Milan.

If his name is JUAN, then you could guess who he likes more....

Do you genuinely believe my name is Juan Shoe? Obviously you've never been to Glasgow.

(04-04-2012, 08:57 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: I try not to be judgemental, but supporting multiple teams, especially two hugely successful ones is bizarre, annoying, and fake.

It sucks because I have supported my Milan since I was 11, and I live and die with this team. Other 'fans' come and go, support multiple teams...I don't know how that is even possible.

Unless, of course, Juan means follow as in a casual interest.

I support the world famous Dundee United Football Club and have done so through thick and thin for over 26 years. I have followed Barca since watching them play at Tannadice in 1987 and have followed Milan since around the same time due to my respect for Maldini. I love watching both clubs play and frequently wear their shirts. I take any opportunity to see either team in the flesh but as I have a strict "no money to the Old Firm" policy, that is quite hard. I am and always will be a Dundee United supporter but will always follow and love watching Barca and Milan.
Nice.

Too bad about Rangers. Even if you don't like the Old Firm, Scottish football is the poorer for it.
Selling ibra doesnt make any sense if you dont replace him with world class players. When inter sold him, They replaced ibra with Sneijder, Motta, Milito, Lucio and Eto'o.

ibra is 30 years old and he wants to stay 2 more years at Milan. You wont find a team who can spend 40m euros plus Eto'o for him. in this case, Selling ibra doesnt make any sense, also considering we dont spend much on the market lately. Btw, who'll pay 25 m pounts for ibra? i dont see Berlusconi spending on world class players, Moreover, we have great chance to win scudetto's in the coming years with İbra. However ibra did pretty good this season in Champions.
He assisted Nocerino's goal vs Barcelona, also considering Barcelona tried to mark him with both Puyol and Pique. You cant ask for more without a midfield support and with wing backs with limited offensive game. instead selling İbra, Milan needs to solve their weak points, such as we needed a player like Hernanes. We played with old Seedorf and Ambrosini who are in declined. maybe we can add Tevez to our attack.

Milan needs Hernanes, a playmaker, a leader, a player who makes players better around him, a complete midfielder. Signing Hernanes would solve our midfield problem. Then a offensive wing back, considering we have Abate on right, we need to have a offensive wing back on the left.

Regarding Asamoah, i think that we need Hernanes more than Asamoah. i rate him but yet Asamoah-Nocerino midfield makes me think. One of them has 1 assist this season, one of them has zerro assits this season. this makes much sense.
(04-04-2012, 09:15 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Nice.

Too bad about Rangers. Even if you don't like the Old Firm, Scottish football is the poorer for it.

True to an extent. Would like to see Rangers survive but at the expense of giving up the voting veto they and Celtic currently hold, which is killing Scottish football. However, it should serve as a warning to all clubs around the world. I've talked about what Milan need to add to midfield but there is no point in doing that if it is at the expense of the long term future of the club. To quote a famous song, "I believe the children are our future!"
(04-04-2012, 08:57 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: I try not to be judgemental, but supporting multiple teams, especially two hugely successful ones is bizarre, annoying, and fake.

It sucks because I have supported my Milan since I was 11, and I live and die with this team. Other 'fans' come and go, support multiple teams...I don't know how that is even possible.

Unless, of course, Juan means follow as in a casual interest.

Thanks, Hasan. Okmilan You took the words out of my mouth.
aka xudong
I can see someone like more than one teams....but when it comes down to it, you can't support mulitple teams and claims you are fans for each of them. I support Milan and pretty much Milan only, but that does not mean i don't enjoy Napoli, ManU, Bayern, or even Lazio. But if any of those teams play Milan, I would not cheer when Robben scores against Abbiati, or how Hamsik ran past Slowdorf, or Hernanes leading the march at Silva...
(04-04-2012, 09:25 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Selling ibra doesnt make any sense if you dont replace him with world class players. When inter sold him, They replaced ibra with Sneijder, Motta, Milito, Lucio and Eto'o.

ibra is 30 years old and he wants to stay 2 more years at Milan. You wont find a team who can spend 40m euros plus Eto'o for him. in this case, Selling ibra doesnt make any sense, also considering we dont spend much on the market lately. Btw, who'll pay 25 m pounts for ibra? i dont see Berlusconi spending on world class players, Moreover, we have great chance to win scudetto's in the coming years with İbra. However ibra did pretty good this season in Champions.
He assisted Nocerino's goal vs Barcelona, also considering Barcelona tried to mark him with both Puyol and Pique. You cant ask for more without a midfield support and with wing backs with limited offensive game. instead selling İbra, Milan needs to solve their weak points, such as we needed a player like Hernanes. We played with old Seedorf and Ambrosini who are in declined. maybe we can add Tevez to our attack.

Milan needs Hernanes, a playmaker, a leader, a player who makes players better around him, a complete midfielder. Signing Hernanes would solve our midfield problem. Then a offensive wing back, considering we have Abate on right, we need to have a offensive wing back on the left.

Regarding Asamoah, i think that we need Hernanes more than Asamoah. i rate him but yet Asamoah-Nocerino midfield makes me think. One of them has 1 assist this season, one of them has zerro assits this season. this makes much sense.

selling ibra now --- means ----milan already got 80% out of him (serie-a titles) and we are saving the other half of money for the remaining 20% benefit from him + milan get enough money to buy someone like say VanPersie who is 2.5 years younger and can have similar influence as Ibra + saving 16 million euros as wages which itself can buy us a good left back !!!! + saving ibra's part payment money that we still owe barca + robinho can also be sold for someone like Kaka or Eriksen who is more influential....coz without ibra robinho is crap...imagine a forward line with Van persie+pato+kaka/Eriksen+boateng!!!! + Mourinho wants ibrahimovic which means there is a chance we can get kaka+marcelo may be.......

selling ibra after 2 years from now --- milan get almost nothing......no major european club wants ibra at 33 - which also makes ibra stay at milan + we are not sure if ibra has the same positive attitude to win two more serie-a titles in 2013 & 2014 (forget the champions league) form what we can see ibra is not that one-club player, he seems to fade away after the initial two-three seasons at any club..seems like he lost interest in playing......+ibra joins the verteran gang in milan who just doesnt go anywhere!!!! + we are unable to reshuffle the forward line because we r still over dependant on ibra...+ +++++++

agree with me if you agree with me !!!!

(04-05-2012, 05:45 AM)k7r Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 09:25 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Selling ibra doesnt make any sense if you dont replace him with world class players. When inter sold him, They replaced ibra with Sneijder, Motta, Milito, Lucio and Eto'o.

selling ibra now --- means ----milan already got 80% out of him (serie-a titles) and we are saving the other half of money for the remaining 20% benefit from him + milan get enough money to buy someone like say VanPersie who is 2.5 years younger and can have similar influence as Ibra + saving 16 million euros as wages which itself can buy us a good left back !!!! + saving ibra's part payment money that we still owe barca + robinho can also be sold for someone like Kaka or Eriksen who is more influential....coz without ibra robinho is crap...imagine a forward line with Van persie+pato+kaka/Eriksen+boateng!!!! + Mourinho wants ibrahimovic which means there is a chance we can get kaka+marcelo may be.......

selling ibra after 2 years from now --- milan get almost nothing......no major european club wants ibra at 33 - which also makes ibra stay at milan + we are not sure if ibra has the same positive attitude to win two more serie-a titles in 2013 & 2014 (forget the champions league) form what we can see ibra is not that one-club player, he seems to fade away after the initial two-three seasons at any club..seems like he lost interest in playing......+ibra joins the verteran gang in milan who just doesnt go anywhere!!!! + we are unable to reshuffle the forward line because we r still over dependant on ibra...+ +++++++

agree with me if you agree with me !!!!

I agree with you about Ibra...
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
does dzeko available ????
does anyone got a list of the players who are free this summer? I remember there was one at goal.com but cant find it anymore.
IMO those are the players we have to look for, I dont see us spending money.