MOVIES ...
I am going to the cinema often, but it costs 8-10£ here. So today I got a new projector for my bedroom, it will repay itself in a month Smile
Interstellar was my first (and probably only) trip to the cinema this year, but it's a lot to do with how busy I've become since having a child. I also think that cinema going experiences are somewhat diluted experiences these days, as it doesn't feel like many films are necessarily designed for the cinema experience these days, never mind how much better the home viewing experience has become. Nolan does admit he tries to make films great cinema experiences and I think he does still do it, though I'd be happy watching his films at home as much as at the cinema.

No one have any comments regarding the Marvel films? I ask because I've watched every Marvel film since they started, barring Guardians of the Galaxy, and while I admire their achievement in building this connected universe and essentially creating this massive brand, I just don't get the hype. The films for the most part are generally fun popcorn flicks, nothing more, in some cases I'd argue less. Thing is, as much as I love watching these sorts of films every so often, it's feeling quite saturated these days and the reaction on the net following the announcement of their next set of films just leaves me confused. Admittedly I'm not a huge follower of Marvel comics, so I don't know many of the precise storylines that they've announced, but if it's a continuation of what we've had so far, I don't see it being more than a hollow, albeit entertaining, set of films. I don't dislike it, but I don't understand the hype either, which is why I wanted other opinions.
Watched the new Terminator trailer and I'm not at all convinced by it. I'm a big fan of the original two and would rather they leave the franchise as it is personally.

As for The Force Awakens trailer, that one did get me hyped for the film, which until now I was always fairly lukewarm on. It doesn't show anything in there particularly, but it does seem to have the look and feel of the original trilogy.

Also watched Let's Be Cops, which is a fairly lighthearted comedy that was better than I expected. It's not brilliant and certain actors weren't utilised to their best imo, but it was fun I guess.
I think I am looking forward to this even more than the next Star Wars

[Image: spectre.jpg?crop=5px%2C0px%2C631px%2C423...=446%2C299]

Will start Craig, Monica Bellucci, Lea Seydoux, Christoph Waltz and others
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/

I'm yet to be excited by it. I loved Skyfall, but a name and cast announcements haven't got me hyped yet.

That said, it almost happened with Suicide Squad where they announced Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Tom Hardy, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne, along with David Ayer directing. Very interesting choices.
I watched a few new films of late. First was Guardians Of the Galaxy, which after my rant about Marvel of late got me interested again, or at least I did really like this film. A great film that's a lot of fun and suitable for the whole family. Actually, it kind of reminded me of watching a lot of fun films of the past, like Star Wars, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future et al, in that it's the sort of film that can be watched multiple times and will generally always be lots of fun.

I also saw Lucy, which was a decent "action" film (I put the quotes as when I thought back it didn't have huge amounts of action). I generally agree with Maharaja's thoughts though, probably one to watch without too much thought.

Fury was the last I saw, which was actually better than I thought it'd be. It's not particularly deep, but what I think captures the viewer is the way the situation influences the characters and their actions. It makes for some dark scenes, but you got some really good actors playing roles where the characters have some very uncomfortable situations to deal with, which they do with good success. Interesting as it's also directed by David Ayer, who's doing Suicide Squad. One thing I don't get is this weird light saber effect they got going on when shots are sometimes fired. It looks out of place in a film set in WW2.

I hope to watch The Wind Rises and The Tale of Princess Kaguya soon. Both are made by Studio Ghibli and are meant to be excellent. The Wind Rises also happens to be Hayao Miyazaki's last film, which is going to be really sad for long time fans, as he's created some incredible films, personal favourites being My Neighbour Totoro, Castle of Cagliostro, Princess Mononoke and Spriited Away.
Surely I'm not the only one who watches films on the forum? Big Grin

Anyway I saw The Wind Rises and recommend it to anyone. It's also Miyazaki's last film and is a great send off for an extraordinary director. The film is animated and set in Japan around WW2. It's essentially about a young man fulfilling his dream to be an aeronautical engineer, but really goes into depth about his decisions, their influence, the situation around him (the time period playing a big role) and the relationships he has. Emotionally the film had a big impact and what really impressed me was how well they treated love in the film, as it wasn't typically big romantic gestures, but instead a subtle and realistic treatment of love. In that sense it made a big impact on me.

I really hope people get a chance to see it. For me, with Interstellar it's my film of 2014 thus far.
Thanks Dev. Have yet to see Interstellar, it's not right I should Big Grin

I recently watched The Fault In Our Stars (on DVD). Pretty big movie in these parts. Heartbreaking cancer story based on the book of same name.